Latin Mass and Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Sep 14, 2015.

1. GRENNAN

GRENNAN New Member

Yes, the Tridentine Mass should have a special resonance for anyone interested in Garabandal as it preserves a great reverence for the Blessed Eucharist sadly often lacking in the new Mass, it is also more God centred & the priest is facing ad orientem.

2. padraig

padraig New Member

The Tridentine Mass of course goes back to the Council of Trent.

I am not sure if we could call any liturical form of the mass more , 'God centred', than another. But I would say the Tridentine Form , for me kind of encourages Caontemplative prayer. Sadly is may also encourage in some people day dreaming and dozing. :D

I don't think there is any kind of abosolute right and wrong between the two forms. The Church offers us both so it is our own choice.

I am old enough to remembr when I was young during the Tridentine Mass , people saying the rosary, right through.

As to the Novus Ordo , I think many priests put themselves forward too much, insert their own personalities rather like a private performance of some kind.

But there are no absolutes between these two liturgies.

The Carthusians still perform their own liturgical rite at mass, which is very old , far older than the Tridentine.

http://www.sanctamissa.org/en/resources/rites/carthusian-rite.html

If I had a choice and the time I would prefer an Eastern Rite Catholic Mass . But who has the time? The Novus Ordo is quick . That doesn't sound nice I know , but when you're going to work....;)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015