Irish general election 2020

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Indy, Jan 22, 2020.

1. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Yes I feel like a stranger in my own country most of the time

jackzokay, DeGaulle and Krizevac like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Praying

Here are some other options.

national_candidates.jpeg

DeGaulle likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Praying

4. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

According to the Life Institute, Emer Toibin of Aontu and Sharon Keoghan, Ind. have good pro-life credentials. I don't know their views on the 'national' question, but they love their nation enough not to slaughter her children. Likewise Carol Nolan in Laois/Offaly.

Byron and Beth B like this.
  5. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Beth B and Krizevac like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Praying

I know of them and agree they are very committed pro-life candidates.

AED and DeGaulle like this.
  7. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

Gosh, just saw this, Indy. Fighting for you and for Ireland.

Indy, DeGaulle and AED like this.
  8. Indy

Indy Praying

Thank you again so much. Time for a few prayers now as the people will go to vote tomorrow, on the 8th.

DeGaulle, Seagrace and AED like this.
  9. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Me too, Maryrose. I think I would get out if I were ten years younger.

10. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

The abortion issue doesn't seem to have featured in most people's election choices, at all. The parties which ran with pro-life policies seem to have made almost no impact. According to the pollsters, the issues which concerned voters seem to be entirely the ones dictated by the mainstream media, with the only small consolation being the relative unconcern for climate-change issues. Reading the list is like reading the newspaper headlines. We have become a nation of media-enslaved, zombie pagans.

We need a Warning more than we need oxygen.

Sam, Evenstar and Beth B like this.
  11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

so sad....Ireland was so catholic.....and yes, the world needs a warning!

Byron, Seagrace and Evenstar like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Byron, Seagrace and Evenstar like this.
  13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

privileged to pray for these good candidates! God help them! I hope you also get out of Europe!

Evenstar likes this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

That is so sad...the media controls these elections regardless of the candidates.

Indy and Evenstar like this.
  15. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Watch the result in Wicklow, and pray it works out. Health Minister Simon 'Butcher' Harris, the man most responsible for legalising abortion, trails his party colleague Billy Timmons who has been reinstated to Fine Gael following his expulsion a few years ago over his pro-life stance (reinstated presumably because they feared him running as an independent). If Harris loses his seat to Timmons (open to correction, but I believe he's Church of Ireland), the irony would be beautiful, perhaps gracious. Let's pray for Billy.

Byron, jackzokay, Seagrace and 3 others like this.
  16. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Ding Dong, the witch is dead. Zappone seems to have been zapped.

Byron, Sam, Krizevac and 2 others like this.
  17. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Sadly, this initial report seems to have been completely inaccurate, possibly based on tallies from a part of the Wicklow constituency more favourable to Timmons. We may console ourselves that Harris is now very far from power.

Beth B, Bella, AED and 1 other person like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Praying

Many prayers have been answers, Thanks and praise the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

Beth B, AED and DeGaulle like this.
  19. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Evidently, the pro-life issue is not primary with the majority of people. This does not mean that they support abortion. However, the issue has to be presented differently and it is going to be a long, difficult journey. Unfortunately, many of the small parties that ran with a pro-life policy also carried policies that most of the Irish will not remotely entertain, such as leaving the European Union. Other policies such as a United Ireland are the property of Sinn Fein-perhaps rightfully; they have negotiated a long, lonely road and might now be on the brink of success. The small number of pro-life parties need to combine and stop splitting their votes and attach the pro-life issue to a broad, uncontroversial, middle-of-the-road economic policy that will attract the middle ground. They also have to work from the bottom up and create a political base in the local level. This requires slow, patient work, but parachuting in candidates who are generally unknown to the electorate is not a recipe for success.

Beth B, Seagrace and AED like this.
  20. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

The success of SF is actually a defiance of the media. They don't like this one bit.

Don_D, AED and Bella like this.