Ireland has fallen

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Feb 24, 2018.

1. miker

miker Powers

Beth B, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  2. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Perhaps, and with great irony, the Second Vatican Council might yet be a source of genuine renewal for the Church. The older progressives are dying out and it's hard to imagine many have chosen to enter the Church in recent decades. The effective atheists that might once have done so have had plenty of alternative careers in recent times. Very few would regard either Teilhardian 'theology' or 'science' as having the remotest credibility, nowadays. It was probably nothing more than a convenient half-way-house for those on the journey to atheism, in those times. Anyone who tried to teach such patent nonsense nowadays would be laughed out of it.

We could probably do a whole lot worse than actually implement what the Council actually proposed. Not just von Hildebrand, but Ralph Martin has also used the Council documents to support his very orthodox views and, of course, Pope Emeritus Benedict has often referred to the necessity for a hermeneutic of continuity. We have been subjected, it would appear, to a long, mendacious propaganda campaign by a bunch of knaves who have claimed to be implementing the conclusions of the Second Vatican Council, when they were all the time actually betraying it. A Trojan Horse, indeed. Many in the Church are probably tolerating, in good faith, many of the radical changes we have endured because they genuinely believe they come from the Council. Armed with the actual wordings of the Council documents, the rising traditional bloc within the Church should easily be able to persuade this section. I have great hope that the next Pope might facilitate this change.

Incidentally, the Russian for 'wormwood' is Chernobyl, I believe.

non sum dignus, Sam, AED and 2 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, it’s Chernobyl.
    I had to smile at your very apt choice of images using knaves.

AED, Mary's child and DeGaulle like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

When the nuclear meltdown happened in the USSR a good friend who had been from Ukraine told me that chernobyl meant wormwood in her language. She felt it was extremely significant.
    Fr Wolfe quoting the Church fathers said it would be an apostate priest who would fall from grace and poison the pure doctrine of the Church. He felt Teihard more than fit the bill.

Beth B, Sam and DeGaulle like this.
  6. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Our Lord includes multiple meanings in many contexts, we can be sure. Fr Wolfe's description is quite appropriate. I think I read somewhere that Chernobyl knocked the confidence in their atheism, and therefore the entire foundations of their worldview, of many in the ruling classes in the USSR and consequently contributed to the disintegration of the 'superpower' that was to happen so soon after. I also came across an article, by a Ukrainian lady if my memory serves me well, that explained how the description of Chernobyl in the original Greek of the Book of Revelation is even more uncannily accurate than modern biblical translations. Apparently, St John knew more about nuclear science back in the first century (of course, it was revealed to him, blindness was removed from his eyes) than did Teilhard de Chardin in the twentieth (completely blind to logic, theology and science).

Beth B, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Praying

Today in Ireland parents have started registering their 5-12 year olds for the trial mRNA jabs. Prayers please.

8. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Statistically, it is quite possible a child, or even a few, could die. All for a disease which is very mild for children without underlying issues.

9. AED

AED Powers

:cry:

Mary's child and Beth B like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

That’s happening to me too, but they need to know the truth even if they shun us. Your example is a powerful message!

Sam, Mary's child and maryrose like this.
  11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I hope! They are attracting the youth…and the Vatican wants to put the brakes on it???

Sam, Mary's child and maryrose like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Ohhhhh, poor innocent children….God spare them.

Sam, Seagrace and maryrose like this.
  13. Indy

Indy Praying

In Ireland the restrictions lasted exactly 666 days.

Great take on this from Robert Nugent.

My take is that those 666 days mean that, satans days are numbered.

Beth B, Roger Buck, DeGaulle and 6 others like this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

What a coincidence--not. I pray you are right Indy.

Beth B, DeGaulle, Sam and 5 others like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Praying

Gotta keep hoping anyway AED.

DeGaulle, Jo M, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  16. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

Is it over, Indy? Are the dark days behind you now? I don't hear much about Ireland here. But if it is...I'm cheering and clapping.

Beth B, AED and Mary's child like this.
  17. Indy

Indy Praying

Hey, I doubt we are over the worst TBH, but there is some relief at the moment for those who choose to not get vaxxd. Really hard to know what's around the corner. Scary that we were in lockdown for 666 days, everything in Ireland these days seems to involve the number 6. But if its not now we all know that the devils days will be numbered before too long.

I guess we keep praying as that's working wonders, keep praising God and loving our neighbours and family. God Bless.

Beth B, DeGaulle, Seagrace and 3 others like this.
  18. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

If I recall correctly, the number of slaughtered unborn amounted to 6,666 in the first year following the legalisation of abortion. May God's light shine upon those who never lived to see daylight.

Beth B, DesertStar7, Indy and 3 others like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Praying

men.jpg

Beth B, Rose, miker and 5 others like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

Beth B likes this.