Ireland has fallen

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Feb 24, 2018.

1. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

To paraphrase the late, great, Leonard Cohen, can you feel the devil's riding crop?

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Tanker like this.
  2. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

It would appear that the very fact that a priest might hold a senior position makes him all the more suspect. When the man who is our present pope can achieve that status, what does it say about the official governance of the Catholic Church? There seems to be extensive communist infiltration of the Church, many installed for decades. Their masters tried to murder St John Paul II, saved only by Our Lady's slowing the bullet. Without him, nothing would have survived of Catholic Truth. The communists are holding the reins once again, but Our Lady will do enough to save the day again, be assured, just barely enough to minimally interfere with mankind's devilish-leaning free will. We don't deserve this, but we get it.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Tanker like this.
  3. maryrose

maryrose Powers

This campaigner was on a few weeks ago about how the general public should be aware of the vulnerable health of people such as herself and we should take responsibility for protecting the health of cancer patients.
    Methinks being a media star has gone to her head.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and DeGaulle like this.
  4. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

And of course they don't call it assisted suicide any more, now they call it dying with dignity. Like sugar-coating rat poison.

HeavenlyHosts, DeGaulle and AED like this.
  5. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling Angels

When I did my midwifery training in England I was always so proud telling the English girls that we didn't kill our young in Ireland.
    We had that shining principle I'm my beautiful home land, or was I fooling myself . The country I'd left was Christian, people referenced God as a moral standard, but maybe they were slipping a bit. We loved children and took steps to prevent the darkness of abortion from coming to our shores. But the devil is cunning and used twisted logic to get misguided 'compassion' and out and out radical feminism to convince a soft headed public that it's the modern way of things, to allow morals to be based on the self alone.
    Well the devil did a jig on St Patrick's grave the night they brought 'death by doctor' into our hospitals.
    It's a spiral downwards from there, to destruction, when all that is pure, is turned on itself. Nothing sacred anymore.
    The few that are left with God's law as their lights are side lined while the enemy brings more self destruction to our land with Euthanasia. They already euthanase inutero for physically challenged babies, not much of a stretch to kill frail or old citizens.
    I stand for God's Law. I pray that Our Lord spare us, from ourselves.
    We need a jolt.
    A wake up alarm.
    I'll keep praying..
    God Bless all.

HeavenlyHosts, Dolours, Sam and 5 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

Oh they use language cleverly to obfuscate and change and hide and create sympathy. It is fiendish to turn these moral issues upside down with language! Anyone who desires her own self inflicted death and/or the right for others to self murder has no faith in the God or an afterlife. Death with dignity indeed. The only death with dignity is a holy death by God's grace.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, DeGaulle and 3 others like this.
  7. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Sean, your post is so truthful and eloquent. And thank you for your blessing.

HeavenlyHosts, Dolours and AED like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Yes indeed.

HeavenlyHosts and DeGaulle like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Thankyou Sean.

HeavenlyHosts and DeGaulle like this.
  10. Dolours

Dolours Powers

We're back to online Masses in Dublin since yesterday. I will be surprised if the Sunday obligation is ever reinstated for the universal Church. Reckon it's more likely to be left to individual Bishops.

I heard an interview with an Augustinian priest a couple of weeks ago. He said that some people will likely never return to Mass. That didn't seem to bother him at all. He said that one person he knows told him that he prefers Mass online because it helps him be more reflective. We know that Jesus will spit the lukewarm out of His mouth. I wonder what will be the fate of the half frozen - especially priests?

josephite, Sam, DeGaulle and 3 others like this.
  11. Booklady

Booklady Powers

:cry::cry: Father Malachi Martin said that many clerics have lost their faith, totally. They no longer believe in the sacrifice of the mass. Is it any wonder that the laity is confused and under catechized.

josephite, Sam, DeGaulle and 3 others like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

I always had a feeling that you could almost tell the level of the Faith by the way the priest says the mass.

I was camping in the middle of nowhere in Fermanagh a few years ago and went to mass every day in a tiny little Parish Church. I got talking to the Father who seemed surprised by the fact that I went to mass everyday and spent long periods in prayer both before and after mass. He said I had, 'Great Faith'. But I just had this uneasy feeling as I watched him that, giving the choice he would not be going o mass every day himself and might even, not be going to mass at all.

13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Our local Mass has become such a pantomime I am not going anymore --

No Holy water - just hand sanitizer at the door
    Forced wearing of masks --
    Red & White tape on alternate pews - looks like building works
    Priest wears a mask and a face guard and gloves when distributing communion
    He distributes communion with small golden tongs
    He distributes communion behind a Perspex shield
    There is a small opening in the Perspex shield that has a hole the size of a letter box which he pokes the tongs through with host
    People go up in 2 metre lines - you can only receive in the hand - you remove the mask temporarily to put communion on your own tongue
    Then you put mask back on.
    You leave straight after communion into the streets

AN ABSOLUTE PANTOMIME!

May God forgive me for missing Mass but I cannot in good faith sit through the sacrilegious pantomime. I will be getting Mass online today.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    josephite, Sam, Sanctus and 1 other person like this.
  14. Dolours

Dolours Powers

The problems in the Church here are deep rooted. Have a read of this: https://www.catholicworldreport.com...ubmission-to-vaticans-doctrinal-propositions/

Note that the Irish Redemptorists requested that he be returned to active ministry. We have some good priests here. Sadly, more than a few of them would make Martin Luther look like a saint.

DeGaulle likes this.
  15. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling Angels

Given no other choice, online Mass is better than no Mass, but only just.
    The detachment from the real physical presence of Our Lord is an ache in the heart for those of us left that believe He is actually there/here when receiving the communion host . It's spiritual gruel.
    All that's on offer, so beggars can't be choosers.
    This is surely the lowest ebb of Christianity since the faith was first brought to our green Isle.
    The falling away of faith and the rise of pride in 'self' is disturbing. All needs are met by things and empty entertainment.
    The rise of obedience to one's own law and scoffing at the notion of God's 'inconvenient' law, is an imitation of what lucifer did in turning his back to the Lord.
    What happens to a soul that knowingly rejects and acts against God's will. They choose the path that leads to Gehenna. This is Ireland's new path, God help us.
    Our Bishops are sappy looking, well meaning, but without any ears to hear their words, they might as well be talking to themselves.
    I know God will use mankind to do the evangelising for his church, and I know His heart will triumph, and that's us, but we need a huge dose of the Holy Spirit to reach His well fed sheep.

Sam, DeGaulle, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  16. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Never fear, Sean, it's all in hand. If we put more energy into caring for the birds and fish, somehow it will lead to saving innocent babies from abortion. Laudato Si is the magic bullet. Make sure you do your bit by reducing your carbon footprint and joining your local Peace, Justice and Integrity of Creation group: https://www.clogherdiocese.ie/2020/...a-pastoral-letter-for-the-season-of-creation/

DeGaulle likes this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

I just finished listening to Fr Altman's Sept 6th homily on you tube. His bishop has since silenced him. I pray he goes to Bishop Strictland who has expressed unqualified support. But in this homily he lays out clearly. Word by word. Fearlessly. He says "this pandemic is the least of our problems!" And gets into the whole pachamama sacrilege and the faithlessness of many churchmen. He says God misses nothing. And isn't it interesting that 2020 means "clear vision". The year 2020 is showing clearly where we really are. Fr Altman is a beacon of truth.

18. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I think that the good priests are afraid to say anything that will get them bad publicity. Didn't one priest get moved out of his parish and sent to be a pastor for a convent because he told his parishioners that voting for abortion is a mortal sin?

I'm happy if they say the Mass without any theatrics and try to share the faith in the homily. Some don't do that because I suppose they can't share what they don't have so they they do their social worker in vestments routine. You know how it goes: If it's good with you it's good with God provided you're a nice person.

josephite, DeGaulle and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

You need to read the writings of Bella Dodd, an erstwhile Communist Party of America member who converted to Catholicism. She stated that during her tenure over a thousand communists were infiltrated into seminaries

20. garabandal

garabandal Powers

There is always the exception - Father Paddy McCaffery always shoots from the hip ---

You cannot vote in favour of abortion and be allowed to marry in a Catholic Church a Belfast priest has said.

Fr Patrick McCafferty, a parish priest in Ballymurphy in Belfast, has said those who voted Yes to repeal the Eighth Amendment on abortion can “get married in City Hall” to avoid being “hypocritical and dishonest by using the church for a day”.

In an opinion piece in the Belfast Telegraph newspaper, Fr McCafferty wrote: “You cannot be a Catholic and be in favour of abortion.”

He said those who do not agree with the Catholic Church’s teaching should “have marriages solemnised in a civil setting”.

“If you don’t support the church’s teaching on a fundamental issue, why be hypocritical and dishonest by using the church for a day? It’s a total fiasco,” he wrote.

He said the church would continue to support those who had been affected by abortion but would not advocate for it.

He said, many of the 1.4 million “Repealers need a reality check” of their own. “Undoubtedly, there are those among them who consider themselves as ‘Catholic’ even after voting for something entirely incompatible with the faith,” he said.

Fr McCafferty said abortion was a “sin” and was not compatible with the teachings of the Catholic Church.

“Deliberate abortion is so grave a sin that those who procure an abortion, those who carry out the procedure, those who participate in it, or facilitate it, are excommunicated with immediate effect. People who reject such a vitally important teaching of Christ need to be spiritually and morally honest,” he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...uld-not-marry-in-church-says-priest-1.3514308

josephite, Sam, maryrose and 3 others like this.