Ireland has fallen

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

My ears where hurting from RTE Radio 1 this morning. The suggestion that Enda Kenny was one of the great Taoisigh and that history will say so made me switch stations only to hear sneering anti-Trump rhetoric. I switched off.

A few days ago there was a headline on the RTE website. 'Holohan: If there is a second wave we will do things differently.'

Wait, what? Surely you meant, in the event of a second wave, the HSE advice to the Government-du-jour will be different? Or maybe you meant what you said.

Staying away from media sources makes for a happier day. In other news, it's been a lovely lockdown. I know it hasn't been lovely for everyone, apologies for my insensitivity, but sloooowing down has been just what I needed. Remote working saves me nearly 2 hours of commuting. I seem to be more productive. When I log out, I'm home and can enjoy the back garden and the wonderful weather he had until the last few days. I've had time for crafts and sewing/knitting things for my home. Baking breads. So relaxing to pause the treadmill of go, go, go. On one of my office days last week I overheard a manager talking about how she enjoyed the lockdown and how it contrasts with the racing around before. She said, 'We were run ragged and we didn't even know it.'

DeGaulle, Dolours, Don_D and 4 others like this.
  2. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

We are probably seeing what Bishop Schneider calls an "implicit persecution" in one of his interviews.

HeavenlyHosts, Dolours and AED like this.
  3. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

Archbishop Martin and the Church of Ireland Primate on radio this morning complaining about the 50 person limit for all churches regardless of size. They pointed out ther would be more than that in Lidl between customers and staff

Pretty sure our parish newsletter said the limit for our Cathedral will be 180

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

I agree. As things pick up around here I am starting to miss that slow pace. Slowing pace was just what I needed.

Krizevac and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. Sanctus

Finding the best means of weathering the storm here at the moment is having gratitude and saying "thank you, God/Jesus" frequently. Seems to be a great antidote to alot of things- fear, worry etc.. Mass from Knock in the evenings has also been helpful during present circumstances. And the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Krizevac, HeavenlyHosts, Sam and 3 others like this.
  6. Sanctus

It seems when a country gets rid of God, the devil comes in the back door. That is what we have witnessed here, from all appearances. The Church and faithful were holding things together in this country for a long time, but now the consensus seems to be that they are "out of the way" and it's a liberal free-for-all which is in fact a trajectory towards totalitarianism. By believing they were becoming more free by voting in different referenda and apostosising from the Faith they are actually becoming more enslaved.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Don_D, Tanker, Krizevac and 5 others like this.
  7. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

Same here.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Guest

How recent is that? Our parish had to cut the numbers to 50 to comply with the Government's restrictions on mass gatherings: 50 people indoors and 200 outdoors, possibly rising to 100 indoors and 500 outdoors at a later date.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-uk-an...-limit-for-mass-is-disappointing-and-strange/

At least Archbishop Martin is speaking up at last. What about the other Bishops?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2020
    Krizevac likes this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I use the prayers against curses and to lift and deliver against spells. My neighbors are satanist. The first part of the book is prayer for deliverance. The second part has many devotional prayers. It has a great guide for Confession which is very in-depth, so in depth it is overwhelming. It’s a great book. Just sift through it and see where the Lord leads you. God bless you.

Irishguy2, AED and DesertStar7 like this.
  10. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

It's in the Parish Newsletter 21 Jun 2020. It does seem to be against the guidelines of max 50 gathered indoors. I'm told the seating capacity is 5,000

11. Dolours

Dolours Guest

It a silly rule. Our parish will have a first up, best dressed system for daily Mass and a ticketing system for Sunday Mass. I'm thinking of giving the tickets a miss, leaving Sunday Masses for those who will be at work on weekdays.

12. Sanctus

Hi HH, I was struggling in that area not too long ago and read a passage of scripture in a book by Father Gabriele Amorth which he recommends as a good guide to be freed from such things- "Bless those who curse you." Luke 6:28

Sam, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Working on it .....:)

Sanctus likes this.
  14. Sanctus

The name of the book is "An Exorcist explains the Demonic." It is very good.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Sounds like what you and I both need
    Plus other people in these times
    Thank you

Sanctus likes this.
  16. Sanctus

You're welcome, HH. Jesse Romero's book Devil in the City of Angels is very good and informative too. Irish exorcist Father Pat Collins released a book called "Freedom from Evil Spirits" not too long ago. The last time I checked it was in Waterstones bookstore.

17. Sanctus

Seems to be some sort of strong oppressive force at work here in the country at the moment too. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing it. It seems to get particularly strong at times. Perhaps it's just me, or maybe it's the same everywhere. Probably the evil one trying to discourage us. Not sure of the validity of the Luz de Maria messages, but the messages did talk about something which "persecutes us in secret" or something to a similar effect.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    AED likes this.
  18. Sanctus

Perhaps it's Godless Communism that is the oppressive force being experienced. Not sure if it will improve much under the new coalition. Whatever it is they have implemented over the past few years they have managed to drain the life and soul out of the country with immigration, abortion, SSM, political correctness etc. and the marxification of pretty much everything.

AED likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Praying

Satan really hates Ireland, through missionaries and masses how much must Ireland have annoyed him in the past. Was it Fr Gabriele Amorth who knew satan really wanted to destroy Ireland? Right now, we are seeing his full force of evil, but it needs to get much worse to turn enough back to God and prayer to then send the devil to where he belongs.

DeGaulle, Jason Fernando, Sam and 2 others like this.
  20. Sanctus

Please God, Indy. I, for one, am slowly beginning to surrender and leave it in God's hands. People voted in and accepted these changes, let them deal with the consequences of it now for themselves.

Indy and AED like this.