I think Hannah God never has us go though these Crosses by accident, that they are chosen for us, because we need, them , to strengthen areas in our souls that need strengthed. The young priest in the hospital was saying the other day on the Feast of the Chair of Peter that Peter was the least likely of all the apostles to pick because he was so weak. I think also Our Lady said to St Bernadette that she picked her because she was the least worthy in all of Lourdes! It is only looking back down the years I can see that the bad things that happened brought much greater good than evil. Money is a strange, strange thing. Thank God there will be no money in heaven. Everything folks do for us will be a gift. Everything we do for others will be a gift too and we won't be carting about things we don't need. Heaven will be so different. No more worrying either. More Prayers!!
Hi Garabandal like Quis ut Deus I genuinely believe that my situation was not my own fault yet I find myself with insurmountable debt (hundreds of thousands) however I take heart in that God works in mysterious ways.
Thanks for your prayers Julia, yes it is picking up but in my case the damage is already done and the scary thing is that if I am forced into bankruptcy I will be praying for the market to stay stagnant so that I have some chance of keeping my home. There are thousands who bought houses back in 2006/2007 at the very peak and their houses have only regained a third of that value leaving most still in negative equity. In my case I took out a bridging loan to fund the purchase of a trader up mortgage and the house sale fell through leaving me paying two mortgages for seven years and a huge residual debt when it was eventually sold (at the very bottom of the market)
I That is great maryrose, believe it or not throughout the years I coped better with the large debt than I did with little things. I pumped every penny into servicing the debt so I had no money if the car/washing machine etc broke down so those times would drive me daft however on each occasion I was supplied and you are only after reminding me now of that!
The good news is that God moves through time and eternity like a hot knife through butter, so even the past isn't wasted!
Have you ever prayed the novena to the Holy Face? It is the most powerful prayer given to us. It was dictated to a Carmelite Nun, Sister Mary of St.Peter. You can find it on the Internet by the Holy Face Society. When I started saying it, I had one miracle a month happen to me for six months. I even kept a diary . . .Jesus is your best friend and understands all your turmoils. I ended up reading the biography of this little Nun, it is an amazing story. Keep the Faith, Kathy http://www.holyfacedevotion.com/devotion.htm