Insolvent

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Hannah05, Feb 17, 2016.

  1. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    Rosary being said with empathy!!
     
    Hannah05 likes this.
  2. Scolaire Bocht

    Scolaire Bocht Archangels

    Praying for you too Hannah out here, it sounds nightmarish.

    For those who don't know it was virtually impossible to get bankruptcy in the South of Ireland until about this year, before this you couldn't do what Padriag did and go for insolvency over too big a mortgage etc. People have been emigrating to the US, UK, and the North from the South of Ireland in the hope of getting bankruptcy, that shows you the power of the banks in Ireland.

    To be honest I think for all of us at this time it's going to get worse before it gets better but the plan is to hang in there, and as somebody said money, and even houses, are not the most important thing although that's easier said than lived through!
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  3. andree

    andree Powers

    This is very tough Hannah, you have my support through prayers too...
     
    Hannah05 and RoryRory like this.
  4. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    Hannah,
    Ive spent many a sleepless night worrying about the effect of the 07/08 crash. My 2 married children also work in our family business and it looked like we would go under for a long time. Its still shaky enough but holding on to my rosary beads and asking Our Lady to get us through really helped. At times, like you, I found it hard to pray but I always believed Our Lady was holding my hand when I clung to my rosary beads. I will pray for you. Its so stressful when you worry about the impact on those you love. Im sure though that it will all work out for the best when you turn to the Lord.
    Every blessing on you and your loved ones
    Mary
     
  5. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Hannah
    I can fully understand what you are going through as I am and have been in the same position for quite some time..I have grown to dislike the post man and when letters come through the door every day my heart skips a beat.. I get through my day by focusing and remembering that Jesus will not abandon me, I constantly remind my Lord and my God that I have failed him in what I say and do but also tell him that a saint is a sinner who never ever gives up trying,, Stay strong friend and never give up .. take comfort in Jesus's trust and ask him each day to help you...JESUS I TRUST IN YOU...

    Some little quotes that keep me focused..

    There are people worse than me.
    My health is my wealth.
    My children are my blessing.

    and the quote form my wonderful mother in law when her husband said to her one day we will be rich..

    she replied " we are rich one day we might have money" ;);):love::love::):)

    Prayers to St Joseph

    Glorious Saint Joseph, pattern of all who are devoted to toil, obtain for me the grace to toil in the spirit of penance, in order thereby to atone for my many sins; to toil conscientiously, putting devotion to duty before my own inclinations; to labour with thankfulness and joy, deeming it an honour to employ and to develop, by my labour, the gifts that I have received from Almighty God; to work with order, peace, moderation, and patience, without ever shrinking from weariness and difficulties; to work above all with a pure intention and with detachment from self, having always before my eyes the hour of death and the accounting which I must then render of time ill-spent, of talents unemployed, of good undone, and of my empty pride in success, which is so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all through Mary, all in imitation of thee, O Patriarch Joseph! This shall be my motto in life and in death.
    Amen
     
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    RoryRory, josephite and garabandal like this.
  6. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    You are a better man than me! I have had a few rows with God over 'my' debts and Him not helping me out over the last ten years or so not great debts but enough to cause me real stress and anxiety. But God is not a bank and He is not going to send me 10K in the post which would solve the issue. God is not like a magician with a magic wand waving away all problems. I created the problem and have a degree of responsibility to try to sort it out.

    I suppose through this I have learnt more about myself and my relationship with God that often we expect magic wands. God is with us through the valley of despair but the silence at times is deafening.

    The other side of the coin is to be as you say thankful for what we do have. I have never gone hungry so that is a real blessing. When we see what is happening in Syria puts our wonderful lives in perspective.

    I suppose like the Psalmist we can have heated exchanges with God? I suppose this is a form of prayer to but it sure reveals ones inner beliefs and I have to say my faith is still at times superficial but the challenge remains to keep growing in faith, hope and love.

    We are all being prepared in order to enter the heart of the storm when things will be much worse and we will be truly relying on Divine Providence.
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  7. Julia

    Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

    I thought the housing market was picking up again in Ireland.

    Memorare for Hannah in her crisis.

    O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Amen.
     
  8. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Very true but my situation was not my own fault or my own doing, I do truly believe that God is with me every step of the way even though his silence can be deafening
     
    garabandal likes this.
  9. maryrose

    maryrose Powers

    God is amazing He doesn't ever say it's your own doing get yourself out of the hole. He knows our weaknesses and never fails us even if we can't perceive the answer right away. Some years ago I ran up a credit card bill in my foolishness. I lost my job and didn't want to tell my husband about my bill as he hates credit cards and I would never hear the end of it. One morning the post brought a final demand with all sorts of threats. I have a statue in my hallway of Our Lady Rosa Mystics . In my distress I looked at the statue and said Holy Mother help me to pay this bill. I put the bill under the statue. Within a few days I received a letter from a previous employment telling me I had some funds in their pension fund. I requested they send me whatever money I had due. Guess what it was exactly the sum I needed so I paid off the bill and hubby was never the wiser.
     
    RoryRory, Bartimaeus and PotatoSack like this.
  10. Katfalls

    Katfalls Powers

    If you put a dozen people in a room, and sat them in a circle and asked them to toss their troubles into the center . . .you would take yours back.
     
  11. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Hannah05,

    You are in my prayers.

    Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
     
    Hannah05 likes this.
  12. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    You are in my prayers Hannah05.
     
    Hannah05 likes this.
  13. Jackie

    Jackie Archangels

    I love all the consoling replies, like the above. Prayers for you Hannah05.
     
    Hannah05 likes this.
  14. Bartimaeus

    Bartimaeus Archangels

    My heart goes out to you Hannah.
    I recently had the thought re. suffering, and why 'good' people seem to get more than their fair share of it - suffering only has merit if its offered up. Without that offering there is no point to it really.
    Now you are making a massive offering for the holy souls - the magnitude of this we can never know in this life.
    Sometimes I think the anguish Jesus suffered in Gethsemane was in many ways worse than the reality of the Passion. But He accepted all of that for our sake.
    Now you are united to Him in accepting your Gethsemane for the Holy Souls - I salute you Hannah, and pray for you.
    (p.s. I'm in Ireland too.)
     
    Hannah05 and RoryRory like this.
  15. Hannah05

    Hannah05 New Member

    Thank you so much Padraig, apologies for the delay in responding, I take great heart from those who have gone through a similar experience and everyone has said the same thing as you, in that it is such a relief to be rid of the debt whatever route you have to take. I also have a very wise mother who keeps saying "sur it's only money". I too now realise what's important in life and if you asked me would I turn the clock back nine years ago and make different decisions I would most definitely say No! I have a healthy happy family and I can put food on the table, I see requests for prayers for ill health and to me that would be a much harder cross to bear. Will keep you updated
     
  16. Hannah05

    Hannah05 New Member

    Than you so much maryrose I will return the favour, I grew up in a family business that went under so the biggest nightmare for me the last few years was feeling that history was repeating itself and what (if any) impact it will have on my children.
     
  17. Hannah05

    Hannah05 New Member

    Thank you Baritmaeus I am only sorry that I wasted the previous few years not offering it up but it's never too late. I did turn back to prayer which was a miracle in my mother's eyes and my faith is getting stronger. I have to say that I have felt like a weight has been lifted off me in the last week and I can easily put that down to the prayers been said for me. I get great strength from this site.
     
    Bartimaeus, Sam and bflocatholic like this.
  18. Hannah05

    Hannah05 New Member

    Thank Scolaire Bocht yes the banks have a lot to answer for the irony is that I actually worked for one of them and could see the destruction. I left last year because they were also my creditors and the experience was humiliating at times but my main reason was that I felt like a complete hypocrite. I am now taking them on which is very unnerving.
     
  19. Hannah05

    Hannah05 New Member

    Y
    Yes Katfalls I agree and keep saying as much when I feel overwhelmed.
     
  20. Hannah05

    Hannah05 New Member

    Yes Quis ut Deus the postman must wonder what he ever did to me lol but jokes aside some days my mood is dictated by what comes through the letter box. My mother always says 'you only have today & thank God for all your blessings'
     

Share This Page