In Catholic Italy, ‘de-baptism’ is gaining popularity

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by indaiatubano, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Shae

Shae Archangels

Thank you garabandal, your prayers are much appreciated.

2. andree

andree Powers

This is very sad but at least your grandkids and Shae's have grandparents who entrust them to Our Lady. There must be Mercy and Graces from those prayers.

I know of a few grandparents who baptized their own grandchildren because the situation allowed it (risk of death). It was done privately. I wonder if the fact that we're in a pandemic and that not everyone is allowed in hospitals, if the Church has made any changes or exceptions to the rule? Maybe Mario can advise?

https://aleteia.org/2020/03/30/how-laypeople-can-baptize-in-an-emergency/

AED likes this.
  3. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

De baptize? Isn’t that sort of like divorce v annulment. You can’t undo marriage vows just because you say we’re divorced. The church has to review and decide whether a sacramental marriage took place. How do you debaptize yourself? :confused:

4. Mario

Mario Powers

Only mortal sin negates the effects of Baptism. But the Church teaches that one can distinguish those souls in hell that have been baptized from those souls who haven't. :cry:

Lord have Mercy on those who have left the narrow path before it's too late!

Beth B, Ananchal and AED like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

I don't believe so. The above article is clearly stated and correct. But the formula must be stated as is. Any variance in the words would nullify the baptism. Back in the 1980s, my young family went to a Holy Mass while on vacation where a baptism was performed with the wrong formula! Yeesh!