I was going to suggest that too; the only suggestion I can make, being childless. But I've heard "taking some Me Time" is very helpful to stressed out parents. If you have a trustworthy friend or relative who's willing to watch the kids while you treat yourself to a few hours at a spa ... take in a movie ... enjoy a bit of shopping at a mall ...
I wish I could do this, but my 3 year old and 1 year old are so attached to me they follow me on my heels all day. I can't even do 10 minutes of school with my 8-year-old without the 1 year old crying at my legs the whole time.
That's probably a good idea. Sometimes we leave the 3-year-old and 8-year-old with Grandma and come back to our house with the 1-year-old to play a board game and eat dinner, and that's at least half a break lol. My 1-year-old has never been without me.
Prayers for yourself and your family now and at mass. You make me feel guilty as everything is so quiet here. At 6am I opened the blinds. It was totally dark in the forest. But I saw a tiny little white and green light going past in the the distance. I think it was a man and his dog and by the way the light danced that he has a bad leg. I wish you could share this peace and silence, Prayers.
I'm sorry to hear of your sufferings, Purple Flower. I will offer the next Holy Mass I assist at for you and your family. May the Good Lord comfort and console you in all your struggles, and may He richly bless you and your loved ones. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
I woke at 6.45am a little bird sang his heart out on top of our house. I went out to see it on top of the roof aerial singing with joy it actually brought tears to my eyes the bird song was so beautiful. It washes all my worries away for if God looks after these little birds how much more we humans made in his image and likeness.
Last week at nighttime I met a little Black bird singing away in the total dark. I thought at one of the song, 'Black Bird singing in the Dead of night' Do you remember it. Whe I see and hear such things that touch me I say to God, 'You do all things well!' Did you know the Robins are the first to start singing in the morning?
I will pray for you. I feel stressed myself at the moment. I'm getting that isolated feeling but trying to offer it up. Its not easy
I remember very well having deeply peaceful moments like these... My favorite times were at night, standing outside watching the clouds roll across the dark sky...gazing at the moon talking to Mary... I used to spend hours writing poetry and praying. You know what, though? So much of my poetry and prayer was about my longing and waiting for a family. I had a yearning in my heart for children since I was only 3 years old! Though this period of life is filled with much noise and plenty of stress, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
My three boys have all flown the nest. Time flies by so quickly seems no time since they were small. Two of them are now in their early 30s.
My niece-by-marriage (age 33) is mother of two now. Ages 2-1/2 and four months. We received photos of them on Monday. Their boy (eldest) instantly reminded me of my blood nephew, same hair and eye color, etc.; and I've recalled a favorite photo of him, when he was one year old ... in 1983. I cannot believe my nephew turns 40 in 2022! I well remember picking him up, carrying him around, pretending the shopping cart -- with him in it -- was getting away while he kicked his heels against the cart and laughed.