New Orleans boycott's Planned Parenthood How does the USCCB respond? It is not clear whether other archdioceses will follow New Orleans and take similar actions. Sister Mary Ann Walsh, media relations director for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, told Newsmax it is the policy of the USCCB not to comment on local matters. It will take a lot of courage in the coming days for the Priests and Bishops and Cardinals to take a stand for Christ and the truth. We need to pray very much for them, as soon they will be for or against. I'm so disappointed the USCCB would not comment and claimed they don't comment on local issues,..is abortion not a universal problem? http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ca..._mail_job=1556025_02132014&promo_code=16761-1
The Church is more than the Bishops and Cardinals. Vatican II reminds us of the dignity of the laity and the universal call to holiness of all within the Church. We are all called to holiness. How we respond will determine the future of the church and the world. But Christ is with us and the gates of hell will never prevail.
Much like the recent MV video, I don't question the motive of Ann as I'm sure she is quite sincere. However, like MV I have trouble with the tone and what comes across to me as a bit of righteousness. Maybe it's my poor interpretation. I also know that I too am a sinner so far from it for me to point a finger. I will pray for her as I do for MV that their apostolates lead all to The Lord and seek to do His will. I guess if we need extra motivation, today's Gospel is certainly very challenging : Matthew 5: 17 - 37 17"Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. 18For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 21"You have heard that it was said to the men of old, `You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgment.' 22But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, `You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire. 23So if you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25Make friends quickly with your accuser, while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison; 26truly, I say to you, you will never get out till you have paid the last penny. 27"You have heard that it was said, `You shall not commit adultery.' 28But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell. 31"It was also said, `Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.' 32But I say to you that every one who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. 33"Again you have heard that it was said to the men of old, `You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.' 34But I say to you, Do not swear at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37Let what you say be simply `Yes' or `No'; anything more than this comes from evil.