I couldn't figure out where to put this so ... why not a new thread!? Below is an interesting article that should appeal to my Irish and military friends.... “Fr. Willie Doyle, SJ: Ireland’s Forgotten Saint?” http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Blog/3752/fr_willie_doyle_sj_irelands_forgotten_saint. It’s past time that Fr. Willie’s life/service be looked at by Irish & Vatican authorities! Thanks to the late Fr Groshel (EWTN) and his mentioning his Heavenly Prayer Committee, I decided to “establish” my own Committee. Being an old military man, I thought that it would be appropriate to have Military Chaplains “On-Board” .... sooo through requests to The Lord, I asked Fr. Al who went down with his USS Oklahoma shipmates at Pearl Harbor, Fr. John and his Chaplain friends and shipmates who went down with Dorchester in the North Atlantic, Fr. Emil who died while serving his comrades in a North Korean POW Camp, Fr. Vincent, The Grunt Padre, who fell serving his beloved Marines in Vietnam, Fr. Tim who died of his wounds received in Iraq, my Air Force friends Fr. Bob and Bill and Cardinal “The Admiral” O’Conner who was a friend of my Dad when he was a young Navy Chaplain ... all to be on my Committee! While writing this I asked that Fr. Willie be “Volunteered” ... I am mostly Irish .. Ya Know;-) GO SAVE ALL HERE ....... and Bless our Prayer Committees!!
EWTN aired Fr Vincent last year, what an amazing man! to me its one level of courage to serve ones Nation,yet another to serve in battle with no physical weapon to protect yourself and help others in battle selflessly! I fall so short of the mark ! Vincent R. Capodanno Pray for US
[quote="Infant Jesus of Prague, p................ I fall so short of the mark ! ........................... Vincent R. Capodanno Pray for US[/quote] We ALL fall short but in "tough times" our strength comes from GOD if we just ask!! "Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Father Kapaun is on his way to Sainthood too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Kapaun Father Schmitt of Oklahoma: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloysius_Schmitt GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!