God Bless America

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Jo M, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

And...

GOD MEND THINE EVERY FLAW.....

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

We watched Salute to America. What a wonderful tribute to our military. The Battle Hymn of the Republic was amazing!

3. AED

AED Powers

These lyrics are very powerful.

Xavier, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

5. Tanker

Tanker Powers

We normally don't travel on the 4th. But I tell you it is just so different. We are visiting my father the Los Angeles beach area and the amount of fireworks is amazing. I have heard fireworks since last evening. Today we started the day with an earthquake and then all day long, literally, I have heard the boom, boom, boom of fireworks. If I closed my eyes, I could easily imagine hearing the sounds of distant and ever close cannons and ordinance from the battlefields of the American Revolution. Quite a treat.

This evening we looked out my sisters bedroom window, upstairs, and could literally see dozens of fireworks shows across the L.A. basin. I have never seen anything like it and I grew up here. Even now you can hear hundreds of boom, boom, booms and smell the sulfur of the fireworks.

I hope everyone had a lovely and happy 4th of July.

6. Jo M

Jo M Powers

It was the same here. We were surrounded by fireworks. It was also very encouraging to hear God Bless America repeatedly at both local and televised events.

AED, HeavenlyHosts, Tanker and 2 others like this.
  7. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Jo M, Yes, we watched it also.

I watched the parade in DC, President Trump's speech which included a small air show and then finally the fireworks show. I am very glad that I get One America News because I a not sure which other network televised the event. I think that is very sad. In addition, MSM is being very critical of the entire event both before and after the event.

Yesterday, I could not find a video which included the performance of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" that ended President Trump's speech but it popped up on Youtube today. So here it is for anyone that was not able to watch the event yesterday, the finale begins around the 2:15:00 mark.

May God bless us all and may God bless America always. In addition, I am very grateful to God that there were no problems yesterday - thank you God.

Tanker, There have been lots of fireworks shows in our area also; every night last weekend (Fri. , Sat. and Sun.) and of course, yesterday too.

Edited to add:

Just a few people showed up yesterday, :ROFLMAO:

upload_2019-7-5_12-2-11.png

Published on Jul 4, 2019
    INDEPENDENCE DAY SPECIAL - LTG HAL MOORE, Korean War veteran and commander of the FIRST MAJOR US engagement of the War in Vietnam talks about his military career and how his Catholic faith was instrumental in his life and military career. GARY SINISE, Academy Award nominated actor-director-musician and philanthropist joins us to talk about his foundation's work on behalf of our nation’s veterans and their families. SEN. JEREMIAH DENTON, Vietnam prisoner of war, retired Navy Rear Admiral and former US Senator from Alabama talks about the 8 years he spent in the Hanoi Hilton and the faith that sustained him there.

The interviews of both Lieutenant General Hal Moore and of Senator Jeremiah Denton included in this week's World Over are old interviews. Moore passed away on Feb 10, 2017 and Denton passed away on May 28, 2014 RIP. Sen. Denton includes a version of the following poem in his interview:

upload_2019-7-5_11-54-7.png

The following is also mentioned in Denton's interview:

Published on Feb 25, 2014
    Admiral Jeremiah Denton Jr. used his eyes to blink the word "TORTURE" using Morse Code during his captivity in Vietnam. He was being filmed for propaganda purposes and this video was broadcast around the world. Naval Intelligence was able to decipher his "strange" blinking. He was awarded the Navy Cross, our Nation's 2nd highest military honor for his heroism as a P.O.W.

I just came across a video of a good portion of the parade for those who did not have coverage available of it:

PS - I think that Fox News should have aired this live, I don't believe that they did - huge disappointment from Fox News. I like them but they spend a lot of time on the same things, over and over again. Why not spread a little positivity and joy Fox News. Are you listening? Probably not. Maybe I'll email them about this, hmmm. (y)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  8. Byron

Byron Powers

100% agree with you Carol. So disappointing. We were on the coast overlooking the Atlantic and usually our fireworks have been spectacular, but this time it was lame. I went inside and changed the channel to NBC and watched the middle end of the Macy’s fireworks from the Brooklyn Bridge! Oh my goodness it was amazing!!!!!!! If any of you get the chance to watch it on YouTube, please do, well worth it. Now what a celebration of great music and fireworks. I can’t believe it wasn’t advertised, not even a comment on how spectacular it was. If this were under an Democrat administration it would have been talked about for days. The firework companies I believe donated it all. Not even a thank you from the media. So sad. New York never looked more beautiful!

AED and Carol55 like this.
  9. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

Would love very much to visit this wonderful country again and perhaps become a citizen one day. God might make this possible.

AED likes this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

What a lovely thought!:)

11. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

It has been a wish of mine for a long time.