Gay Marriage Referendum Ireland.

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Sanctus, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Praying

This needs to get into every home in Ireland.

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Sorry to say but it is a done and dusted deal. Ireland has not remained faithful to the mission of St Patrick so the majority are blinded to the truth.

Our ancestors who shed blood and went to Mass in the hills only a few centuries ago must be pleading in heaven for our rescue!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_rock

Julia likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Praying

There are many households that just accept Gay marriage without knowing these details and many just teetering on the edge and with some information such as this to read could change minds. Am I way too innocent on the subject?

I don't think all hope is lost for Ireland and I feel God may look kindly on our consecration to Our Lady and our faith and sufferings of the past, maybe this will materialize in a rescue. There are still many faithful in this country and was not said the faith of a few will save many

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Julia likes this.
  4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

76% in favour of changing the law during a recent opinion poll.

1.Opinion polls are just that - and can be manipulated but does indicate a majority in favour
    2. The media and political machinery are already promoting the cause and indoctrinating the general population
    3. Most people are fairly easily persuaded by the word 'equality' without ever really thinking what it really means
    4. Most Irish people no longer see the Church as their teacher and are more influenced by secular culture
    5. Most people are like sheep and just go with the crowd - incapable of independent thought!

Sorry if this looks like a harsh analysis but is based on almost thirty years of teaching the next generation!

Torrentum and fallen saint like this.
  5. Indy

Indy Praying

Garabandal, its very saddening but I have an infinite well of hope. They may no longer see the Church as their teacher but many still recognize God, unfortunately its the God that suits them, still I feel sooooo many are not getting sufficient information, compared with the media bombardment which is completely anti-Christ.

Torrentum, Miriam and garabandal like this.
  6. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

I was in a bar in Waterford at lunchtime last week getting lunch with my wife. (She doesn't drink at all, and I drink about once a year, but this bar serves excellent food, which is why we went there).
    While we were (over)eating, I couldn't help but eavesdrop in on a conversation between three people at a table next to us.
    Two of the three were elderly and one was in her forties, I'd guess, leading me to the impression they were mother father and daughter.
    The daughter was lamenting the loss of "tradition" in the schools.
    She made the point that from next year on, some schools in Waterford would not be organising communion or confirmation anymore. This was being done by the Church and was up to the parents to ensure the children got the sacraments if they needed them as the sacraments were not part of the curriculum.
    She was lamenting this as, even though she said "I'm not the best Catholic", she was saying that the presence of atheists or Muslims or Buddhists etc should not mean God was moved out of the classroom.
    She made the amazing remark about how she felt Catholics are being brainwashed and bullied to the new order of things.
    I was stunned at that remark, very accurate.
    It's off topic for this thread, but not unrelated to the gay marriage phenomenon.

Brainwashed and bullied.

7. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  8. Indy

Indy Praying

9. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

10. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

11. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I am going to pray the Knock novella for this intention. It's all we can do, pray

Indy and Torrentum like this.
  12. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

A purportedly Catholic Irish elderly couple have made a video that has been shown on the MSM calling for "equal marriage rights" and a passing of the forthcoming referendum. They say in the video that it is the "Christian thing to do" and is what "a loving God" would expect! :eek:

13. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

Makes as much sense as a certain liberal priest on RTE saying he will vote yes as it's a civil referendum not a religious one.
    Oohhhhhh man!!

Krizevac likes this.
  14. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

I agree Torrentum, I saw that on the news today. The Church is really in crisis in Ireland at the moment...

15. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

I saw this online earlier, and a lot of it seems to be coming to fruition:

"The five stages of political correctness:

1. Tolerance

2. Acceptance

3. Celebration

4. Forced participation

5. Punishment of all dissenters."

Katfalls, Krizevac and Torrentum like this.
  16. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

http://www.votewithus.org/video/brighid-paddy/

17. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

18. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I make a lot of typos when using my tablet. I have no nice clickety clack keys and also I often have grandkids, all under 6 around, making it hard to concentrate. Apologies. I meant to post to start the Knock Novena not novella.
    Lots of prayer required. We are having 24 hours Eucharistic devotion this Friday. Pope Francis has called for it. Our bishop organised it.

19. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

That's a handy-dandy get-out technicality for him and he gets to stay popular. He does know, doesn't he, that the next step is to criminalise the Church for not having same sex marriage?

I think there will be an apostasy.

Of course, the current Government don't give a toss about same sex marriage. This referendum is simply to distract us from their wholesale privatisation of everything they can think of.

20. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

Mandatory "Sensitivity training" around homosexuality is now becoming a common theme in the US and people who fail to comply risk being labelled a "hate group". Hopefully Ireland won't follow example.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/0...group-for-refusing-lgbt-sensitivity-training/