GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

heyshepard and Rose like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: MAY 17,2011
    With her permission, I reprint a brief note from Conchita to the present pastor of the village of Garabandal, Padre Rolando, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the apparitions 1961-2011.

AVE MARIA
    May 17, 2011

Dear Father Rolando,
    I join with you in the celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the events of Garabandal. It is for me fifty years of contemplating the most beautiful thing in the world. I give thanks to God for having been a part of those experiences, impossible to describe adequately, but which have pressed upon my soul the secure assurance of faith and hope.
    I thank you, Father Rolando, for granting me the opportunity to recite the Message of Our Mother in the village yet again.
    [ October 18,1961-We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. If we do not, a chastisement will befall us. The cup is already filling up, and if we do not change, a very great chastisement will come upon us.]
    The Angel said:
    As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. You should turn the wrath of God away from yourselves by your efforts. If you ask His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, your mother, through the intercession of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to amend your lives. You are now receiving the last warnings. I love you very much and do not want your condemnation. Pray to us with sincerity and we will grant your requests. You should make more sacrifices. Think about the passion of Jesus.
    Father Rolando, there is nothing of greater importance that I can speak about than this Message of Our Mother.
    In Union of Prayer,
    Conchita

Billy Hill likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Billy Hill likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MAY 18, 1920 TODAY IS THE EARTHLY BIRTHDAY OF SAINT JOHN PAUL II !
    Glenn & JPII.jpg

John T and Carol55 like this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (Pope) John Paul II - on Garabandal

There is a book on Garabandal, written by Albrecht Weber in 1993, entitled Garabandal Der Zeigefmger Gottes (Garabandal: The Finger of God), of which a first edition copy was presented to Pope John Paul II. He later asked his secretary, Fr. (now Archbishop) Stanislaus Dziwisz, to write to the author. In the subsequent printing (2000) of the book, on page 19, a portion of the Pope's message is reprinted, as follows:"May God reward you for everything. Especially for the deep love with which you are making the events connected with Garabandal more widely known. May the Message of the Mother of God find an entrance into hearts before it is too late. As an expression of joy and gratitude, the Holy Father gives you his apostolic blessing."Weber writes, "From the attached greeting in the Pope's own handwriting, with his signature, it is clear how deep an interest he has in the events of Garabandal, and how anxious he is that they should be made known in a credible way."

On July 23, 1988, during a special general audience with the Pope at the Vatican ... "special" because it was held on Saturday, rather than the usual Wednesday... Father Robert introduced Garabandal Visionary Mari-Loli and family to him. Father Robert who was holding 7 year old Maria Dolores, one of the three Lafleur children, said to the Pope: "Your Holiness, a special blessing for your littlest children who come on behalf of The Blessed Virgin from Garabandal." Our Holy Father exclaimed "Garabandal!"
    (picture below )
    JPII ML daughter.jpg

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    heyshepard likes this.
  7. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

If you were trying to link to the article to allow people to download it, you actually linked to the document on your own local PC.

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I posted the wrong link, I corrected the post now,thanks.

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A Call to Repentance

Reprinted with kind permission from St. Joseph Publications
    from the book She Went in Haste to the Mountain (Book 1)

Mary's messages at Garabandal:
    — You should avoid the wrath of the Good God.
    — I want to tell you to amend your lives.
    — You should sacrifice yourself more.
    — Think of the Passion of Jesus.

We provoke the wrath of God upon ourselves by our own rebellion, our own disobedience, our own self-will. All evil consists in trying to follow our own ways, instead of seeking the ways of God.
    Our ways are very easy to follow; it suffices to allow ourselves to be led. But ours are ways of sin — and not only the sin of the world that so many new books now propose — and they lead us to destruction. On the other hand, the ways of God, how difficult they can be at times! His are the ways of triumph and salvation; but they can only be traveled thru effort and sacrifice: two things that our weakened nature abhors.
    The world — men prone to serve the flesh — inclines to ease and not to combat, to pleasure and not to service, to leisure and not to work, to the good life and not to good living. This manner of living — spread throughout the Church — is inflicting mortal wounds.
    Pseudo-prophets, with their distorted nuances ranting about renewal and liberation, are attempting to discredit the ascetic and penitential way of life, as though asceticism were not an evangelical sign, but the despised remnant of a naive and misled monastic spirituality unworthy of esteem. Self sacrifice? Self denial? Self renunciation? How absurd! Neither the clergy nor the laity want any of this. Anti-asceticism is the order of the day.
    But for whom did Jesus say, If anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross? (Mt. 16: 24)Certainly this is not for those who never mention Him except to speak about self-determination, self-fulfillment, self-advancement . . .
    Thus many things explain themselves. How could a person like this accept the message of June 18th that insistently requests things that they themselves are trying at all costs to renounce?
    — You should sacrifice yourself more.
    — Think of the Passion of Jesus.
    The Passion of Jesus! They are not interested in this. They are only interested in talking of things more to the liking of theman of today.
    For them the only things that matter are actions and words favorable to their self-expression and lifestyle, which is far removed from, He made Himself obedient to death, the death of the cross! [How much some would like to efface one of the principal declarations of teh Gospe: Enter by the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who enter that way. How small the gate and narrow the way that leads to like! And few there are who find it. (Matt. 7: 13-14)]

13. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Jack, Did you get to see the Garabandal movie this past weekend? If not, I think that it may be playing once more this coming weekend on Sunday, May 26th at 18:50 (6:50pm). I also believe that it's a deal in comparison to the cost per ticket in the USA, most places here charged twice the amount that it is showing for in Derry.

Serena and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

WHAAAA! WHAAAA! I WANT THE MOVIE TO COME TO EASTERN IOWA!
    :cry::cry::(

HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.
  15. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Muzhik,

Did you fill out the form to request that the movie comes to a city near you? If not, here is the link to do so: https://www.garabandalthemovie.com/en/see-it/form .

I hope that the movie comes to your city.

This is a partial screen shot of the form that you need to fill out at the link above. ;)

upload_2019-5-21_19-51-47.png

16. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Yes, I filled it out MONTHS ago, and have been trying to get others to fill out the form.

Carol55 likes this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mari Loli Interview Part 1

Mari Loli Interview Part 2

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

CONCHITA ON PREDICTING THE MIRACLE DATE
    In 1965, at only 16 years of age(!), Conchita wrote to a Jesuit priest, Fr. Alba, "But, if we heed the Message, believing in the apparitions is of no importance."
    [Laffineur-Noseda, Fr. Materne and le Pelletier, M.T., Star On The Mountain p. 118].
    Just as telling - and no doubt a source of embarrassment to those who follow Garabandal for lesser motives - is another comment, "To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin."[Ibid., p. 143]. Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message!
    In the same letter, Conchita emphasised a point that bears similar reflexion: "The Blessed Virgin affirmed here what she did at Lourdes and Fátima and not a single new thing."[François, Robert, op. cit., p. 57]. The Message remains the same. We are asked only to believe - to focus on living the Message - not to seek more spiritual fireworks (as if these three well-documented apparitions were not enough already!) or try to predict the fulfillment of God's plan.

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE BIRTHDAY OF THE GREAT GARABANDAL SUPPORTER ST. PADRE PIO ! May 25, 1887
    ppio2.jpg
    PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL :

Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “

Saint (Padre) Pio affirms Garabandal to a PH.D in confession.
    Joachim Bouflet,PH.D. went to Padre Pio for confession in July of 1968. Padre Pio told him "Pray to the Madonna. Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel." "Yes, Padre, I pray to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. For that matter, I would like to become a Carmelite." He didn't comment on this but repeated with insistence, "Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel who appeared at Garabandal."
    Bouflet:"So it's true?"
    Padre Pio : "Certo e vero!" ("Yes, it's true!")

“While he was living, the same Padre Pio guaranteed the authenticity of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. He met Conchita at San Giovanni Rotondo. Even during the last days of his life he talked about this to his brothers in religious life and left a personal message for the principle personage of the apparitions. “
    Fr. Pelletier -“Our Lady comes to Garabandal” page 219

From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly,
    ”How many times must she appear there to be believed ? “

From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : An incident which confirms Padre Pio’s belief in Garabandal occurred early in 1966. Conchita, who was only 16 years old, was visiting Rome with her mother and Fr. Luna. She had been invited by Cardinal Ottaviani, Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith. During the visit, Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.

Upon Padre Pio’s death in 1968 ,his close friend Father Bernardino Cennamo,was instructed to give Conchita several of his personal items. The priest gave Conchita one of the three veils that covered Padre Pio's face during his wake, saying that the stigmatist had requested this before he died. Conchita also was given Padre Pio's rosary, and one of the gloves he wore, stained by his stigmata.

Conchita recounts: “I had the veil in front of me, as I was writing later that evening. When suddenly the whole room became filled with fragrance, the perfume so strong I started to cry.”

The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain (Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, We must support the seers of Garabandal……

March 3, 1962 ( Padre Pio wrote the girls a letter, this is the last sentence )
    “ I would advise you to pray and make others pray because the world is on the road to perdition. They don’t believe in you or your conversations with the Lady in White now, but they will believe when it is too late.”

Carol55, Mario and Agnes rose like this.
  20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

May 26,1962
    Communion is given by the Angel St. Michael to Conchita at the Pines, more proof of the importance, and essential link between the Eucharist and the Priesthood, at Garabandal.

“Garabandal “ p. 133

Mystical_Communion_07.jpg