GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL :

Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “

Saint (Padre) Pio affirms Garabandal to a PH.D in confession.
    Joachim Bouflet,PH.D. went to Padre Pio for confession in July of 1968. Padre Pio told him "Pray to the Madonna. Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel." "Yes, Padre, I pray to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. For that matter, I would like to become a Carmelite." He didn't comment on this but repeated with insistence, "Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel who appeared at Garabandal."
    Bouflet:"So it's true?"
    Padre Pio : "Certo e vero!" ("Yes, it's true!")

“While he was living, the same Padre Pio guaranteed the authenticity of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. He met Conchita at San Giovanni Rotondo. Even during the last days of his life he talked about this to his brothers in religious life and left a personal message for the principle personage of the apparitions. “

Fr. Pelletier -“Our Lady comes to Garabandal” page 219

From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly,

”How many times must she appear there to be believed ? “

From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : An incident which confirms Padre Pio’s belief in Garabandal occurred early in 1966. Conchita, who was only 16 years old, was visiting Rome with her mother and Fr. Luna. She had been invited by Cardinal Ottaviani, Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith. During the visit, Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.

Upon Padre Pio’s death in 1968 ,his close friend Father Bernardino Cennamo,was instructed to give Conchita several of his personal items. The priest gave Conchita one of the three veils that covered Padre Pio's face during his wake, saying that the stigmatist had requested this before he died. Conchita also was given Padre Pio's rosary, and one of the gloves he wore, stained by his stigmata.

Conchita recounts: “I had the veil in front of me, as I was writing later that evening. When suddenly the whole room became filled with fragrance, the perfume so strong I started to cry.”

The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain (Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, We must support the seers of Garabandal……

March 3, 1962 ( Padre Pio wrote the girls a letter

"My Dear Children,

"At nine o'clock this morning the Holy Virgin told me to say to you: 'O Blessed young girls of San Sebastian de Garabandal! I promise you that I will be with you until the end of the centuries, and you will be with Me during the end of the world and later, united with Me in the Glory of Paradise.'

Padre Pio continued:

I am sending you a copy of the Holy Rosary of Fatima, which the Virgin told me to send you. The Rosary was composed by the Virgin and should be propagated for the salvation of sinners and preservation of humanity from the terrible punishments with which the good God is threatening it. I give you only one counsel: PRAY and get others to pray, because the world is at the beginning of perdition.

They do not believe in you or in your conversations with the Lady in White. BUT THEY WILL BELIEVE YOU WHEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE"

Agnes McAllister likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    Carol55 and Catherine L like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita’s husband Patrick died on October 31, 2013
    I am making a rare request today and asking for your prayers for Conchita and her family, and especially her late husband Patrick who passed away today, 8 years ago of cancer.

May your prayers bring comfort and solace to her and her family, and may Patrick already be rejoicing in his heavenly rest and reward. God bless them all.
    I received a letter from Conchita on this date, after the passing of her husband Patrick. I wanted to post the last sentence of her letter, it's TRULY PROFOUND.
    She said: " Death for sure is not the end, it is the beginning and the vanities of the world are a loss of energy because it distracts us from the reality of life, and true happiness. "
    December 17, 2013

garabandalmiracle, Seagrace and miker like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

NOVEMBER1, 1962 “ALL SAINTS DAY”

NOVEMBER 1 (LITURGICAL DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE DECEASED)

THE "PRAYER FOR THE DECEASED,"
    BUT ALSO THE "CREED" . . . AGAIN ON
    THE AGENDA AT SAN SEBASTIAN DE GARABANDAL

The visionaries, in ecstasy, recited the Creed apart from the Rosary at midnight, for the twelfth and last time, rather 'day.' That series of very distinctive days, indeed a very ecclesial one, was thus coming to an end on a very symbolic date: the girls were, in effect, bringing together, thanks to their Vision, in one same Profession of Faith, the Church on earth and the faithful in the process of purification in Purgatory, and those already in Eternal Life.

During the first week, that is, on the first day of that month devoted to the deceased, Mari-Loli and Conchita, in ecstasy, entered the cemetery. On their knees before the graves of Conchita's father and Maximina's relatives, the visionaries first placed their little crucifixes on them, then presented them to the Vision, and finally to Maximina accompanying them.

[From 'Garabandal' Book, page 154]

5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 2, 1961:
    GARABANDAL AND THE "COMMUNION WITH THE DECEASED"

Sustained by prayer, the Communion of the Saints links the world of the living with that of the deceased in the one Church of God.
    This profound dimension of Christian faith was lived intensely at San Sebatian de Garabandal where the villagers prayed for the deceased every day.
    The ecstasies of November 2, 1961 and 1962 illustrate this bond with the "blessed souls of Purgatory" in a remarkable way. Led by the Blessed Virgin to the gates of the cemetery where, in ecstasy, they went regularly, the visionaries pushed their arms through the bars and held out their crucifix as if they were presenting it to be kissed by dozens of invisible people.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, by J. Serre, page 116]

Byron likes this.
  7. garabandalmiracle

garabandalmiracle New Member

Prayers and blessings for Conchita and her family.

Glenn likes this.
  8. Minnesota Values

Minnesota Values New Member

Glenn, I wasn’t aware you are a Packer fan. In spite of that, I’ll keep reading your blog. This Viking fan forgives you!

John T and Glenn like this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History: November 3,1961
    Conchita recalls how she learned the "Hail Mary" in Greek, from Fr.Luis Andreau, AFTER he passed away !

Conchita " After his death Fr. Luis Andreu taught me to pray the Hail Mary in Greek.
    We heard his voice during an ecstasy; but we didn't see him.
    Also he told me a message for his brother, and a French song, which I don't remember anymore, although Fr. Ramon knows it by heart.
    He told us how they had buried him . . .
    His voice was the same as when he was alive."
    (From " She went in haste to the Mountain " Book 1

garabandal likes this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN !
    Today I remember the "earthy" Birthday of my Aunt Angelina. She passed in 2014 at the age of 91, (BD 11-3-22) but she is the person responsible for my introduction to Joey & Garabandal. Without her, I would not be here today. May she be looking down from Heaven today, pleased that her nephew has carried on her love of our Lady,and the messages of Garabandal.

I first heard about Garabandal through an Aunt of mine Angelina Glass,who lived in Lindenhurst, NY and was in the same Parish as Joey Lomangino ( Our Lady of Perpetual Help ). She was having Joey over to her house to do a talk about Garabandal ( one of the first to do so ) and also a chance to see and venerate the medal Joey had that was kissed by the Blessed Mother. The reason I was there as about a 13year old was I had a bone marrow disease in my legs. My Grandmother ( who was truly a living saint ) was praying for my miraculous healing, was a huge believer in Padre Pio, and I heard he was connected to and approved this apparition apostolate.
    I listened to Joey and kissed the medal (which the Blessed Mother kissed at Garabandal ).
    Two weeks later, after another x-ray, astonished doctors, said the disease was completely gone ! So I was certainly surprised and grateful to my Grandmother for her prayers to Padre Pio ( never really understand the meaning of kissing the medal at that time as a boy.) and to my Aunt for meeting Joeyand the medal.

20 years later, a friend ( Peter ) asked me to go to a prayer meeting and talk by some blind guy in Lindenhurst, who had a link to the Blessed Mother and Padre Pio. I figured , My family always had a devotion to Mary and Padre Pio, so why not ? Well to my surprise I walked in and see this blind guy ( Joey ) and I’m shocked because I remember seeing him 20 years earlier ! He's got a face you can't forget .
    After the meeting at the NY Center, I offered to help out making rosaries, and doing mailings of the video ( at that time ,and later the DVD ). After meeting Joey a couple of times, he saw I was not a shy person ,lol, and so he asked me to be the Public Relations Director, which was a huge honor, and I gladly excepted. I mainly concentrated on doing talks and showing the video, and answering questions afterwards at any place or church that would have me. Heaven somehow implanted the idea in my empty head to try and get the video on tv. After all the major networks turned me down, I targeted Mother Angelica's EWTN live show. I called and wrote the President Bill Steltemier for 6 months straight relentlessly ! He finally caved in, probably figured it was easier to put Joey on one time and get rid of me for good, lol. Well, that show was the highest rated show they ever had ,and Joey & Mother Angelica had such good chemistry, we were asked back again, and again. That show caused the video to explode in the USA .
    I went to Joey ( and Conchita ) back in 2009 with the idea to bring the Message of Garabandal, here to facebook, since it had a global audience. Both happily agreed, and that's how this page started.
    I truly am blessed to have known my Aunt, Joey ,his family & Conchita and her family.
    Angelina " Dolly " Glass last BD.
    [​IMG]

garabandal likes this.
  11. garabandalmiracle

garabandalmiracle New Member

Yes the even year for the warning is false.

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TELL ME WHY THE EVEN YEAR IS FALSE ,BECAUSE I HAVE PROOF THAT IT IS AN EVEN YEAR.

Warning in an "Even Year".

Here's how that came about. In the book, “Suddenly & Unexpectedly, The end of our Times” by Tom Fahy .pg .93 (Published November 11, 2012 )

"We know that the Warning must precede the Miracle. I happen to know, as per Maria (Saracco ) that Mari Loli had at one point been questioned by a priest who was trying to extract the year of the Warning from her. She would not tell him. Finally, he asked if she could at least tell him if it was an even or odd year. She relented and told him that it would be an “ even year. "

When I researched this many years ago, I found out that the priest in question was Fr. Gustavo Morelos that she said this to.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    Byron and John T like this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 4, 1961:
    THE VIRGIN OF MOUNT CARMEL'S CONCERN FOR THE CHURCH

The Blessed Virgin warned the four visionaries that their daily ecstasies would cease temporarily from November 18 on. Pressed by the "Special Commission," Msgr. Fernandez invited Don Valentin to take a "holiday." This would keep the pastor away from the village for almost two months during which time the girls each had only one apparition.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 117]

It seems that Our Lady didn't like the conclusions of the "Special Commission", which was denying the supernatural events of Garabandal. I think She also didn't like the idea of removing the pastor from his post there. He was close to the girls and helped them spiritually, a 'good father priest'!

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANAL HISTORY :NOVEMBER 4,1962

Garabandal and the Holy Shroud

Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady: "It is the divine imprint of my Son."

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

For those new members who would like a brief but detailed explanation of the Marian Apparitions at Garabandal,Spain (or to share this with family or friends who don’t know about Garabandal) a short video by actor Ricardo Montalban.

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"LIVE THE MESSAGES !"
    At age 16 Conchita was already was spiritually wise: "There is no point in our believing in the apparitions if we do not heed the message."
    (Star on the Mountain, p. 118 )

“It is useless to believe in the apparitions if we don’t fulfill the message; if we don’t comply with what Holy Mother Church says…fulfilling the message, we might as well not believe in the apparitions”
    Conchita’s letter to Fr. Alba of Barcelona on Dec.10, 1965 ( from “Conchita’s Diary” (Spanish Ed. Pg. 42 note 47)
    Also from “ Garabandal: Message of Hope” pg 178

“To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin. Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “
    March 2013 Glenn’s conversation with Conchita
    With all of the arguing over which of the different visionary’s is right, predicting dates, the direction of the church, I've learned one thing, it’s all distracting, and detracting from our spiritual goals. The best advice I ever got was from Conchita ( when I asked her about the direction of all these things) ,she talked about what is most important, maintaining your spiritual life, (Confession, penance ,mass, communion, the rosary, the Morning Offering, etc.) and she said :
    " I surround myself with good people, pray and don't worry " .
    ( Sounds like she took the advice of her friend Padre Pio ).

maryrose likes this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 6,1966
    Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college )
    "Conchita's Recollections"
    Conchita on the topic of praying for the " Miracle " day.

Q.The people pray that the Miracle will take place. Don't you see that this is foolish?
    Conchita “It will take place whether they pray or not. I only request that the message be fulfilled.
    Many pray for the Miracle in order that others, who have not believed, will be put down. This doesn't seem good to me.
    I think that my mother is anxious for the Miracle to come in order to be free from doubts and worry . . . It's wonderful to love God and to have faith, without seeing anything. "

"She went in haste to the Mountain" Book 2 ch.3 pg. 86

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 6,1966
    Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college ) "Conchita's Recollections"
    On the topic of touching Mary & Jesus.

"When saying good-bye, she kissed us, and it was like this . . . We didn't feel any physical contact and at the same time we weren't able to advance further, since there was something there that prevented us from doing it.
    We wanted to touch, and our hand didn't touch anything on arriving at her, nor was it able to continue further. We held the Child Jesus in our arms, and we felt no weight, nor did we feel any physical contact; but He was there."

"She went in haste to the Mountain" Book 2 ch.3 pg. 86

19. luz

luz Principalities

I first learn about Garabandal about 10 years ago when I was 17 years old. A lot of websites are sharing the story of the apparitions, the messages, as well as interviews and testimonies, and this thread also gives us a lot of details or less known facts that are always interesting to read. The Internet alone brought me a lot of information about Garabandal, so I have never really looked elsewhere to learn more about it.

However yesterday out of curiosity I looked for the book that Glenn often quotes on this thread, "She went in haste to the Mountain". And I have a question:
    Why is it so rare, and so expensive? Isn't it possible to somehow request a reprint?

20. indaiatubano

indaiatubano Archangels

You can get that book for free online. I just looked it up and here is a free PDF version. Enjoy!
    https://ourlady.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Garabandal_Book1.pdf