GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 1961
    PADRE RODRIGO IS "CONSULTED"

Padre Lucio Rodrigo was consulted by the members of the "Special Commission" (except Dr. Morales), most certainly in the second half of the month of August 1961. Following this encounter with the renowned Spanish theologian, Don Juan Antonio del Val, the future bishop of Santander . . ., resigned from the "Commission."
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J.Serre, page 100]

** IMPORTANT NOTE: Don Juan Antonio Del Val was the priest that the " Commission" sent to discredit the apparitions ! He was so convinced of its authenticity, HE RESIGNED FROM THE COMMISSION ! (Rathere than write a dishonest report agaisnt the Blessed Mother) Smart man. He later became the Bishop of that region ! It should be noted in 1989 he formed a 2nd "Commission" to do a real investigation report,to be sent to the Vatican.

Padre Lucio Rodrigo was present at a few ecstasies of the visionaries. An excellent theologian, his prudent critical spirit led him to believe firmly in the supernatural authenticity of Garabandal. He learned the nature of the great Miracle from Conchita, but not the date. Shortly before he died, the zealous Jesuit obtained the grace he had asked to be definitively confirmed in his belief in the divine origin of the "events," of which he said: "If there exists in the world a window through which one can contemplate Heaven, it is Garabandal!"
    Fr.Rodrigo on top/Bishop Del Val Gallo on bottom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY SEPTEMBER 3, 1961

ST. JOSEPH IS THE GREATEST SAINT

In response to Don Valentin Marichalar’s questions, the visionaries learned from the Blessed Virgin that “ St. Joseph is the greatest of all the Saints “

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J.Serre,page 100]

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY, SEPTEMBER 4, 1962:
    From a tape recording on September 4, 1962, the Blessed Mother tells Conchita , there will be a Miracle in Garabandal, Mary will be there, and it will be a long time from then !

September 4th, 1962 was a Tuesday. According to Fr. Valentín’s annotations,
    toward 11:00 in the morning Conchita fell into ecstasy at the door
    of the church, and there received Communion from the hand of the Angel;
    somewhat later, the same thing happened to Loli.
    The afternoon passed; the night began, and at 1:30 Conchita had an
    ecstasy again. She went to the graveyard, made her way through the
    streets of the village, prayed the rosary, sang the Salve. On entering her
    home, she fell on her knees and said farewell to the Vision. As she was
    speaking, a person near to her not satisfied with just hearing what the
    girl was saying held a microphone to her lips. What he recorded from
    this confirmed afterwards what his ears had not understood well.
    "You say theres going to be a miracle? . . . And the miracle is going to be
    that? . . . And the Virgin will be seen? . . . And when? . . . So long away? . . .With me alone . . . No. I dont want that . . . Dont do that! Perform it with the four . . .

From the book, “ She Came In Haste to the Mountain” page 494

Beth B and Avprog like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

September 4th and 5th
    Pope Francis canonized “ Mother “ Teresa at a ceremony on September 4, 2016 in St. Peter's Square in Vatican City. She was Canonized on the 4th, and her Feast day is the 5th, because she died on the 5th.

The famous Foundress of the Missionaries of Charity has never expressed any doubts about her profound belief in the divine origin of Garabandal: "It was in 1970 that I heard about the apparitions of San Sebastian de Garabandal for the first time . . . From the beginning, I felt that the 'events' were authentic . . ." (Letter of November 10, 1987 to Msgr. Del Val).
    During her frequent trips to the United States, notably to New York, Mother Teresa had the opportunity of meeting Conchita who has lived on Long Island since 1972. This was the beginning of a strong human and spiritual friendship with Conchita and her family, that never faltered.

Byron, Beth B and John T like this.
  5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Very interesting. The miracle would be a long way off.

And there would not be all four present (only three visionaries currently alive). Indeed, Conchita seems to indicate that she will be the only visionary present. It is probable that travel will be restricted at the time of the miracle stopping the other visionaries from getting to Spain.

Beth B likes this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

September 5 1961 Fr. Ramon M. Andreu's Cross - Found !
    Fr. Ramon M. Andreu noted this extraordinary event of which he himself was a witness.

"On August 15 [1961] one of the girls prayed the Rosary with a rosary I had given her. Later, when she returned it to me, we observed that the cross was missing. It had fallen off and was lost. It was useless to search for it in those streets, paths and lanes... Twenty days later, on September 5, it occurred to me to tell the girls to ask the Virgin Mary for my Rosary's cross... I myself heard the dialogue in which they asked Her and how the exact spot was specified. Once the trance concluded, we went without any hesitation to the indicated spot, and there was the little cross beneath a stone in the mud."
    This event, and many others like it, left the witnesses surprised, for it was so obvious that it was impossible for the girls to know where the objects were. In the mud, stones and grass, they found the lost objects and gave them back to their owners. Moreover, the girls in ecstasy went their way in an absolutely accurate manner, not hesitating, to the exact spot in which the objects were without lowering their gaze.

https://www.garabandal.it/en/about/stories/1149-fr-ramon-m-andreu-s-cross-found-objects

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

You may know that I post on facebook in English ,Spanish , and Portuguese, I've added Italian now.
    I have started posting on my friend Massimo Castioni "MARIAN MESSAGES IN THE WORLD" page, FOR THOSE WHO ONLY SPEAK ITALIAN.
    Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/244307777535904

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

ARE YOUR HANDS EMPTY ?
    The Last Apparition at Garabandal

November 13, 1965, was a day mixed with joy and sadness for Conchita. The Virgin appeared with her Child to the teenager but it was to be for the last time at Garabandal.
    "Conchita, talk to me about my children. I hold them all beneath my mantle. This will be the last time you will see me here but I shall always be with you and with all my children. Conchita, why don't you go and visit my Son in the tabernacle? He waits for you night and day."
    Conchita said to the Virgin, "I am so happy when I see both of you. Why don't you take me now to heaven with you?" She replied, "Remember what I told you on your patronal feast day? " When you present yourself before God, your hands must be filled with good deeds done for your brothers and for His glory. At the present time, your hands are empty."
    Mary said “ Conchita, I am not coming only for you but I am coming for all my children, with a desire to see them closer to our hearts”.

Beth B likes this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I was asked privately if you are unable (for what ever reason) to attend the "Miracle" at Garabandal, can you still be healed if you view it televised (or on the Internet) ?

As per Conchita's statement I feel you must ust be present at Miracle for the healing.
    Conchita speaks of the Miracle in Garabandal magazine: "It will be visible to all those who are in the village and surrounding mountains; that the sick who are present will be cured and the incredulous will believe. It will be the greatest miracle that Jesus will have performed for the world. There won't be the slightest doubt that it comes from God and that it is for the good of mankind. A sign of the Miracle, which it will be possible to film or televise, will remain forever."

Now ,I will say ,who am I to put limits on God, should he decide to share His healing grace to some watching, he certainly can. I guess we wait and see.

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Byron, Beth B and Jo M like this.
  12. Mario

Mario Powers

Wow! First time I've read this. Thanks, Glenn!

Glenn likes this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The “Little Miracle “

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"LIVE THE MESSAGES !"
    At age 16 Conchita was already was spiritually wise: "There is no point in our believing in the apparitions if we do not heed the message."

(Star on the Mountain, p. 118 )
    “It is useless to believe in the apparitions if we don’t fulfill the message; if we don’t comply with what Holy Mother Church says…fulfilling the message, we might as well not believe in the apparitions”
    Conchita’s letter to Fr. Alba of Barcelona on Dec.10, 1965 ( from “Conchita’s Diary” (Spanish Ed. Pg. 42 note 47)
    Also from “ Garabandal: Message of Hope” pg 178
    “To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin. Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “

March 2013 Glenn’s conversation with Conchita
    With all of the arguing over which of the different visionary’s is right, predicting dates, the direction of the church, I've learned one thing, it’s all distracting, and detracting from our spiritual goals. The best advice I ever got was from Conchita ( when I asked her about the direction of all these things) ,she talked about what is most important, maintaining your spiritual life, (Confession, penance ,mass, communion, the rosary, the Morning Offering, etc.) and she said :
    " I surround myself with good people, pray and don't worry " .
    ( Sounds like she took the advice of her friend Padre Pio ).

Byron likes this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: SEPTEMBER 13, 1961:
    THE NIGHT OF THE FIFTY ECSTASIES!

From midnight to 4 A.M., Loli and Conchita had close to fifty ecstasies at Conchita's home.
    Taking advantage of a moment of intermission, Reverend Ramon de la Riva, handed Conchita his old camera equipped with bellows and suggested that she take a photo of the Blessed Virgin. The girl rather handed the camera to Mari-Loli, then in ecstasy; she, not knowing anything about operating this camera, nevertheless went through the five steps needed to take a picture.
    The photos were failures . . . The Blessed Virgin explained through the intermediary Mari-Loli to the good pastor of Barro, that "even if these photos had been better, he would not in any way have believed more than he already did."
    Two other attempts, also by Mari-Loli, to "photograph" the Virgin of Mount Carmel (on March 12, 1962 and January 1, 1963) apparently did not come out any better.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 103] maryspic..jpg

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : SEPTEMBER 15, 1961:
    The "film of sinners" unfolds before the eyes of Mari-Cruz and Conchita!
    THE "FILM OF SINNERS"

In the two Messages of Garabandal, the prediction of the Chastisement that will strike the entire human race, if the latter persists in its immoral behavior, strongly expresses what Msgr. Beitia Aldazabal, the principle titular bishop of Santander at the time of the apparitions and locutions, called "the doctrine of God offended by our sins." This expression occurs eight hundred times in the Bible. In the Old Covenant, it is already associated with the holiness of God. Horror of sin was instilled in the girls from the beginning of the apparitions by a Marian catechesis sustained and, at times, even highlighted with very painful ecstasies bearing on the iniquity of the world and the ordeals it would create.
    While awaiting original complementary documents, we set this terrifying vision, during which the Blessed Virgin showed the "film of sinners" to the visionaries, on September 15, Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.
    Then the terrified protestations of the children were heard: "No, no! , , , What horror! How hideous! Take that away (from our sight) . . . Yes, sacrifices (for sinners)! . . ." And in pathetic attitudes of pleading, they called on Divine Mercy.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 105]
    [​IMG]

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

NOTABLE BELIEVERS OF GARABANDAL
    Yes, there are many known and unknown, Popes, Saints & Blessed's, and Church leaders who believed. I can’t think of another apparition with this resume of believers.

Saint ( Padre ) Pio
    Saint (Pope) John Paul II
    Saint (Pope ) Paul VI
    Saint (Mother) Teresa of Calcutta
    Saint (Fr. ) Jose Maria Escriva
    Saint (Madre) Maravillas
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Sr. Lucia of Fatima
    Venerable Marthe Robin,
    Venerable Fr. Ciszek ,
    Venerable Padre Nieto,
    Cardinal Ottaviani (Vatican Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) ,
    Archbishop of Madrid, Casimiro Morcillo Gonzalez
    Arch Bishop Carlos Sierra of Madrid, Spain,
    Arch Bishop Manuel Lopez of Mexico,
    Bishop of Fatima Joao Venancio,
    Fr. Constant Luis Pel
    Madre Esperanza of Jesus,
    Fr. Aloysius Ellacuria
    Mother Angelica
    You’re in good company !

Blizzard and Francis Vincent like this.
  20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History : September 16, 1962
    The Blessed Virgin’s “ Fool “

A day to remember for its spiritual teaching. The ecstasy this Monday led Mari Loli and Conchita to Alfonso’s place, the one who was nicknamed, rather unkindly , “the Village’s fool “. Having made the sign of the cross over his pillow and offered him the crucifix to kiss, the two visionaries explained the reasons for their gestures.
    “ The Blessed Virgin told us , ‘ You hold him in contempt, but I love him’ “
    Story below:
    https://ourlady.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Expressions-of-Charity.pdf