GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

ARE YOUR HANDS EMPTY ?
    The Last Apparition at Garabandal

November 13, 1965, was a day mixed with joy and sadness for Conchita. The Virgin appeared with her Child to the teenager but it was to be for the last time at Garabandal.
    As Mary had already indicated this was to be a special apparition for kissing religious objects and Conchita had many with her. After kissing the articles, the Virgin said: 'Through the kiss I have bestowed on these objects, my Son will perform prodigies. Distribute them to others. Talk to me, Conchita, talk to me about my children. I hold them all beneath my mantle. This will be the last time you will see me here but I shall always be with you and with all my children. Conchita, why don't you go and visit my Son in the tabernacle? He waits for you night and day."

Conchita said to the Virgin, "I am so happy when I see both of you. Why don't you take me now to heaven with you?" She replied, "Remember what I told you on your patronal feast day? " When you present yourself before God, your hands must be filled with good deeds done for your brothers and for His glory. At the present time, your hands are empty."
    Mary said “ Conchita, I am not coming only for you but I am coming for all my children, with a desire to see them closer to our hearts”.

“Garabandal“ by J. Serre -p.201

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

FREE ONLINE GARABANDAL BOOKS !

CONCHITA’S DIARY (in English )
    http://www.stjosephpublications.com/book_manuscripts_pages/Conchitas_Diary_eng.htm

CONCHITA’S DIARY (In Spanish ) http://www.stjosephpublications.com/book_manuscripts_pages/page_templates/Conchitas_Diary_Spanish_page.htm

APPARITIONS OF GARABANDAL http://www.garabandal.org/BrownBook/BrownBookSelectP.htm

MIRACLE AT GARABANDAL
    http://stjosephpublications.com/books_page.htm

THE VILLAGE SPEAKS: http://www.garabandal.us/pdfs/village_speaks.pdf

https://maryrefugeofholylove.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/garabandal-the-village-speaks.pdf

STAR ON THE MOUNTAIN

https://maryrefugeofholylove.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/star-on-the-mountain.pdf

OUR LADY COMES TO GARABANDAL:

https://keddyandassociates-us.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/p05/books/our-lady-comes-to-garabandal.pdf

OR

https://maryrefugeofholylove.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/our-lady-comes-to-garabandal.pdf

MEMOIRS OF A SPANISH COUNTRY PRIEST

http://www.stjosephpublications.com/download/PDF/Memoirs_of_a_Spanish_Country_Priest.pdf

https://ourlady.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Memoirs_of_a_Spanish_Country_Priest.pdf

https://maryrefugeofholylove.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/memoirs-of-a-spanish-country-priest.pdf

GOD SPEAKS AT GARABANDAL: https://maryrefugeofholylove.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/god-speaks-at-garabandal.pdf

OH CHILDREN LISTEN TO ME: OUR LADY TEACHES AT GARABANDAL https://maryrefugeofholylove.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/our-lady-teaches-at-garabandal.pdf

MARY OUR MOTHER: RELECTIONS ON GARABANDAL https://maryrefugeofholylove.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/reflections-on-garabandal-messages.pdf

“GARABANDAL : THE TIME HAS COME”

http://www.pueblodemaria.com/GARABANDAL_TheTimeHasCome.PM.pdf

Carol55 and Beth B like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Carol55 likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THE “CALLS” OR JOYS.
    The Mysterious Calls described by Conchita
    When the hour was approximately the same as Sunday—the first day on which we had seen the vision—our families, who were now believing a lot, said to us, You should go to say the rosary in the Cuadro. And we told them, We haven’t been called yet. And they thought about this and said, But how are you called? An we answered that it was like an interior voice, but that we didn’t hear it with the ears, nor did we hear ourselves called by name. It is a JOY. (3) There are three calls. The first is a very little joy. The second is somewhat greater. At the third we become very excited and feel great happiness. And then she comes.
    “She went in haste to the Mountain”, Ch.4 pg. 72

I am going to insert here what was written in the early times of the apparitions by Father Ramón María Andreu S. J . an exceptional witness of the Garabandal events. It is to be pointed out that the calls occurred only when the Virgin was going to come, and never when it was simply a visit with the Angel.
    Father Andreu reported: “The phenomenon of the calls or interior touches from which the ecstasies arose happened to the four girls in the following way. They would say that there were always three calls. These could occur at the same time when they were together; they could occur at the same time when they were separated; they could occur at a time which was not the same even if they were together; they could occur to all four, to just one, or to several of them. The word call was originated by the girls themselves who talked like this: Today the Virgin did not "call" me. Today she "called" me. I have already had one "call" or two . . . It is not easy to describe the nature of the calls. The girls said they were like a joy from within, a clear and definite joy that was always present. It was as if the Virgin had said in the first call, Jacinta! and in the second, Jacinta, come! and in the third, Jacinta, run, run, run! But all this without audible words. The children hid the calls; and if they were not asked, or if they did not spontaneously mention them in some cases, they would not have been noticed.
    “She went in haste to the Mountain”, Ch.4 pg. 73

Byron likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TUESDAY, AUGUST 15, 1961:
    Doctor Celestino Ortiz Perez, taking Conchita's pulse.
    FIRST CLIMB TO SAN SEBASTIAN DE GARABANDAL
    BY A PEDIATRICIAN FROM SANTANDER,
    A GREAT WITNESS OF THE "EVENTS"

A major scientific witness, Dr. Ortiz was the first physician to study the Garabandal phenomena seriously. Author of a report dated October 1962, of which a part was published, the pediatrician would spend about fifty days observing the visionaries. He always affirmed that they were "normal from every point of view."
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, by J. Serre page 91.]
    Dr.ortiz.jpg

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

NIGHT OF MONDAY, AUGUST 14 TO TUESDAY, AUGUST 15, 1961
    A WONDERFUL VIGIL IN PREPARATION
    FOR THE FEAST OF THE ASSUMPTION
    The "Vigils," so familiar to Christians during the first centuries and then fallen into disuse, emerged again, as luck would have it, at Garabandal. There was a great deal of commotion during these vigils, the girls moving from one place to another in the village and in the neighborhood.
    The vigil inaugurating the Feast of the Assumption on August 15, 1961, stands out among the most beautiful ones. It began at 2:45 a.m., when Conchita, Loli and Jacinta came out in ecstasy from Conchita's home.
    For the first time, they sang Aves, a Noel as well, and a few "Mananitas" or short musical compositions. Then the Blessed Virgin brought them in front of the house of Mari-Cruz . . . prevented by her parents to follow the other visionaries who, once there, started an
    improvised song or, more exactly, a sacred serenade!
    That night, the candid hymns of the three children traveling through the dark lanes of the village, overjoyed in their ecstasy, symbolized the humble response of the earth to the songs of praise of the heavenly Court celebrating the Queen of angels and men. At about 4:15 a.m., always in ecstasy, they went to the church. The vigil came to an end at 5:00 a.m.
    The sacred serenade sung for Mari-Cruz
    Wake up, Mari-Cruz
    Do you not smell lilies
    The Virgin Mary brings you
    To help you be very good?
    Wake up, Mari-Cruz,
    She is coming, the kind Virgin
    With a basket of flowers
    For a little girl.
    Pick up the lilies
    That Mary brings you
    To help you be good.
    Good and holy little girl,
    You are very loving
    But you do not get up.
    [From "Garabandal', Book, J. Serre,pages 89-91]

Mario likes this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT JOSE MARIE ESCRIVA AND GARABANDAL
    On October 6, 2002, Pope John Paul II canonized the founder of Opus Dei in St Peter’s Square, Rome, in the presence of more than 300,000 people from all round the world.
    The link between St Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer with the Garabandal apparitions is not well known. In the summer of 1962 he spent a few days on holiday in Suances, Cantabria, during which he visited Garabandal, accompanied by several young men , probably members of Opus Dei. He spoke cheerfully and profoundly to the girls, an experience they still recall fondly after all these years. The visit was not unusual since at that time, and up until the Official Note of the Bishop of Santander of 7 October 1962, many priests visited Garabandal. He reportedly went there three times. Mary Cruz described St. Escriva “ as a friendly priest, very sociable, always surrounded by young people”. She mentioned also that he always had candy for the Seers, and stood out among the visitors.
    As it happens, news of this visit came out by chance years later when somebody showed the girls a prayer picture for God’s favour through his intercession, printed during his canonization. It was then that the girls joyfully recounted the meeting. He would not have risked his reputation if he did not believe in the apparitions, and tell others about his trip to talk to the girls. This was also confirmed by Mother Nieves.
    St. Josemaria Escriva “ A Saint is a sinner who keeps trying”.
    Notes taken from pg 245, Garabandal: Message of hope
    [​IMG]

Mario likes this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History: August 16,1961
    The Visionaries in ecstasy, talk with Fr. Luis Andreu, who just passed away on August 9th. His brother Fr. Ramon Andreu, also a Jesuit Priest, being near the girls, recognizes in the conversation (that the girls are having with their vision of Fr. Luis) some details of the life of his deceased brother,of which only the two of them knew. (Below: Fr.Luis ontop,Fr.Ramon on bottom)
    “The Village Speaks” pg 25
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT JOHN PAUL II AND GARABANDAL
    Father José Luis Saavedra, a Doctor in Theology who wrote his thesis precisely on the events of Garabandal, in his book entitled Garabandal, Message of Hope, included an anecdote which speaks about John Paul II’s interest in the apparitions of San Sebastián de Garabandal. Father José Luis correctly pointed out that this message sent by John Paul II to Albrecht Weber, a famous student of Garabandal, does not imply an approval of any kind, but it does demonstrate the pontiff’s interest in these events.

The doorbell rings. It is early but Albrecht Weber is already seated at his desk reviewing some papers. The writer gets up wearily and goes to see who it is:
    “Albrecht Weber, please.”
    “Yes, that’s me.”
    “I bring you a certified letter from the Vatican. Please sign here.”
    Although Weber did not manifest and external sign, he is shaken. He signs the receipt, takes the letter and walks rather nervously toward his desk. He is used to receiving letters from abroad, especially from Spain, because many of his travels and studies during the past thirty years have been in that country investigating the apparitions of Garabandal. He has published many articles and several books on the subject. But from the Vatican? He has never received a letter from there and has no idea what it may be about. He walks hurriedly, even worried, and upon reaching his table he carefully opens the elegant envelope bearing the insignias of the Internal Secretary of the Pontifical Household. He is more nervous by the minute. Inside there is only one sheet. It does not have many words, but the German’s eyes jump directly to the end of the page. There he finds some words written in longhand, containing an affectionate greeting and beneath it a name and signature: John Paul II. Albrecht cannot believe what he is seeing. Excitedly, he directs his gaze to the beginning of the text and he begins to read it with full attention, several times, from beginning to end. He is particularly struck by these lines:
    “May God reward you for all your work, especially for the deep love with which you are making known the events related to Garabandal. May the message of the Mother of God be received in people’s hearts before it is too late. As an expression of joy and gratitude, the Holy Father wishes to impart his apostolic blessing to you.”

This written testimony, in fact, demonstrates that in addition to Blessed [Saint] Paul VI, another Pope, Saint John Paul II, knew of Garabandal and was positively interested in it. This same pope, after reading Weber’s book Garabandal: Der Zeigfinger Gottes (1992), wished to send a note to the author. The note is brief and without formal pretensions. Nevertheless, it is of great interest as “an expression of joy and gratitude.”
    The note, reproduced in the second edition of Weber own book, was drafted by the pope’s personal secretary, Stanislaw Dziwisz, after which the Holy Father adds in his own handwriting at the end a personal greeting and his signature.

“Garabandal: Message of Hope” L. Saavedra pgs.260-261
    (Below: St.John Paul II, Albrecht Weber)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Byron and Carol55 like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

The above post is so encouraging!:)

Glenn likes this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"LIVE THE MESSAGES !"

At age 16 Conchita was already was spiritually wise: "There is no point in our believing in the apparitions if we do not heed the message."

(Star on the Mountain, p. 118 )

“To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin. Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “

March 2013 Glenn’s conversation with Conchita

With all of the arguing over which of the different visionary’s is right, predicting dates, the direction of the church, I've learned one thing, it’s all distracting, and detracting from our spiritual goals. The best advice I ever got was from Conchita ( when I asked her about the direction of all these things) ,she talked about what is most important, maintaining your spiritual life, (Confession, penance ,mass, communion, the rosary, the Morning Offering, etc.) and she said :

" I surround myself with good people, pray and don't worry " .

( Sounds like she took the advice of her friend Padre Pio ).

When asked the question, “What is the most important thing we must do? She said: “Keep the Commandments,” This sums up the way she lives her life today. People who think that she lives it waiting for the Miracle are mistaken. Conchita has said to me, “I don’t know how anyone gets through the joys and trials of life without prayer.”

Many years ago when I started promoting the apparitions, while having a conversation with Conchita, she asked me " Do you do the rosary every day? " I said " well, ...not every day, I'm busy, I have several jobs". She said " Don't promote the messages, unless you are going to live the messages". Wow, that kind of knocked me for a loop, but she's right ! It is amazing that when you make the time to do those things, it seems like there is plenty of time to do them. God is funny that way.

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

REPRINT OF CONCHITA’S MESSAGE OF MARCH 29, 2020

I asked Conchita if she would be kind enough to offer some words of advice to all of us, in this troubling times. Here are her words.

"God is detaching us from the securities of this world. In the silence of the Church or in our house, we are now able to make an examination of conscience so we can clean what prevents us from hearing the Voice of God clearly. With sincerity we can ask God to tell us what He wants of us today, and continue to do that every day. And spend as much time as possible with God at church or somewhere in your home or where you find the silence. He is all we need." March 19,2020

Beth B, garabandal and Mario like this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"Heaven" blocks Conchita's memory of Miracle date on purpose this day.
    This visit from the Bishop of Santander(Fr. Vicente Puchol) to Pamplona took place in the first days of September of 1966. There was another interview between Conchita and the Bishop, but this one was in Santander. Conchita said that on this occasion she had the intention of telling the Prelate the date of the announced Miracle. But at the moment she wanted to say it, she forgot it completely, and then as soon as she crossed the threshold of the Episcopal Palace, the date of the Miracle returned to her with total clarity.
    “Conchita’s Diary “ (in English ) pg 56.

Beth B likes this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Marys first apparition at Garabandal
    There are so many events that happened at Garabandal that are spiritually connected, and even scripturally connected. Here was the first example.
    “The First Apparition of Mary”
    The following day, the 2nd of July, is a feast day in Garabandal, because in those days the Liturgy celebrated the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary to her cousin Saint Elizabeth on that day. In San Sebastian everything revolves now around the news of another visit, the one announced by the Seers the previous day. Everyone observes the parallels in the mass readings. The Gospel narrates how “Mary went in haste to the mountain” LK 1:39. Coincidently, this area of Cantabria is popularly referred to as the Mountain , and it has been announced that precisely on this day Mary would visit the Mountain. The air is filled with expectation.
    From “ Garabandal: Message of Hope” pg. 64

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal history AUGUST 18, 1961:
    DEPTH OF PRAYER AT
    SAN SEBASTIAN DE GARABANDAL

"Prayer holds an important place in Garabandal. Magnificent, varied, profound, it runs through the "events" on the whole as never in any other great Marian Apparition . . . .
    The girls devoted a great deal of their time to prayer. What is especially striking is the quality of their ecstatic prayer: a meditation filled with presence, moved to the extreme; a slow, poised recitation inspiring the full meaning of words as simple as "Mary," "blessed," "grace," "Jesus." " (Robert Francois Turner, 'I, Your Mother,' ch. 18).

The children spontaneously recited first the Rosary, then the Litanies, the Creed, the Our Father, the Salve Regina, in short what they knew. The Blessed Virgin had taught the visionaries all these prayers and, then, had gradually helped the girls to pronounce them clearly. So, on this August 18, the first thing Our Lady undertook was to recite the rosary with them: "I'll start the prayer and you will answer, very slowly," She suggested to the children.
    The visionaries postures induced the crowds to be quiet and recollected. "They would fall on their knees in the tiniest fraction of a second, sometimes adopting an overwhelming attitude of petition, their faces turned to heaven" .
    "To sing is to pray twice over" . . . The children improvised various hymns. From their songs there emanated a strange meekness and always a beautiful harmony.
    The Blessed Virgin taught the girls to make correctly the various signs of the cross used in Spain. They made them with unmatched dignity. Many films testify to this.

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 93.]

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

FAMOUS BELIEVERS QUOTES ON GARABANDAL

PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL :
    Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “

Saint (Padre) Pio affirms Garabandal to a PH.D in confession.
    Joachim Bouflet,PH.D. went to Padre Pio for confession in July of 1968. Padre Pio told him "Pray to the Madonna. Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel." "Yes, Padre, I pray to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. For that matter, I would like to become a Carmelite." He didn't comment on this but repeated with insistence, "Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel who appeared at Garabandal."
    Bouflet:"So it's true?"
    Padre Pio : "Certo e vero!" ("Yes, it's true!")
    “While he was living, the same Padre Pio guaranteed the authenticity of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. He met Conchita at San Giovanni Rotondo. Even during the last days of his life he talked about this to his brothers in religious life and left a personal message for the principle personage of the apparitions. “
    Fr. Pelletier -“Our Lady comes to Garabandal” page 219

From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly,
    ”How many times must she appear there to be believed ?

From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : , Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.
    The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : “Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain (Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, We must support the seers of Garabandal”……

March 3, 1962 ( Padre Pio wrote the girls a letter . LAST SENTENCE)
    “They do not believe in you or in your conversations with the Lady in White. BUT THEY WILL BELIEVE YOU WHEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE"

MOTHER TERESA In a letter on November 10, 1987, Mother Teresa communicated the following to Monsignor Father Juan Antonio del Val, Bishop of Santander from 1971-1991:
    “It was 1970, 18 years ago, when I first heard about the Apparitions in San Sebastián de Garabandal in Spain.
    Sometimes it seems to me that a lot of time has passed, and other times it seems like it was yesterday. From the beginning, I felt that these events were authentic.”

SAINT JOHN PAUL II There is a book on Garabandal, written by Albrecht Weber in 1993, entitled Garabandal Der Zeigefmger Gottes (Garabandal: The Finger of God), of which a first edition copy was presented to Pope John Paul II. He later asked his secretary, Fr. (now Archbishop) Stanislaus Dziwisz, to write to the author. In the subsequent printing (2000 ,2nd Edition) of the book, on page 19, a portion of the Pope's message is reprinted, as follows:"May God reward you for everything. Especially for the deep love with which you are making the events connected with Garabandal more widely known. May the Message of the Mother of God find an entrance into hearts before it is too late. As an expression of joy and gratitude, the Holy Father gives you his apostolic blessing."Weber writes, "From the attached greeting in the Pope's own handwriting, with his signature, it is clear how deep an interest he has in the events of Garabandal, and how anxious he is that they should be made known in a credible way."

SAINT (POPE) PAUL VI : QUOTES ON GARABANDAL
    After meeting Conchita in Jan.1966 he said:
    “ Conchita, I bless you and with me the whole church will bless you “.
    Pope Paul VI had shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:
    "It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."
    Father Escalada explained his work in spreading the message of Garabandal in Mexico and the Pope Paul VI encouraged him to continue saying: "These messages must be made known." Father Escalada asked the Pope for his permission to continue promoting Garabandal and the Pope said “YES”. Pope Paul VI said :
    "It is the most beautiful story of humanity since the days of Christ. It is like a second life of the Virgin on earth. And we can never be grateful enough for it."
    "Jacinta, I am with you, but we have to pray much and have much patience . . : it. is necessary to pray that the Church will become aware of the importance of Garabandal."

One time Bishop of FATIMA, Bishop Joao Venancio proclaimed Garabandal's message is the same as Fatima.
    In 1983, he would declare to Fr. A. Combe that: "this Message given by the Blessed Virgin at Garabandal is the same as the one given at Fatima, but it is updated . . . At Garabandal, Mary came to upgrade her Message given at Fatima to new conditions of the Church (and of the world). It is obvious to me that the Message of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is a Message of salvation for our time . . ." Yes, without any doubt, but perhaps much more . .
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page226]

CARDINAL ALFREDO OTTAVIANI
    Prefect for more than twenty years of the Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office, which, in 1966, became the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Cardinal Ottaviani was, in his special function of "guardian of the faith,"
    It was therefore, with prudence, that, one might remember, he first listened to Conchita in January 1966, at the Vatican. The initiatives that the Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith took, right after his conversations with the visionary, facilitating her meeting Pope Paul VI, in private, allows us to suppose, however, that his opinion was already favorable. . . Not, however, without mentioning how Jacinta herself was to be introduced to Cardinal Ottaviani, in 1975, for we know the astonishing exhortation he then addressed to her: "We must pray a great deal, Jacinta, so that the Church may acknowledge Garabandal," after . . . having told her that he believed in the supernatural character of Garabandal .
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, J. Serre, page 234]

Conchita received a letter, dated February12, 2007, from Archbishop Carlos Osoro Sierra of Oviedo, then the acting Apostolic Administrator for the Diocese of Santander, which read:
    I am sure the Bishop will promote investigations, so that the events of Garabandal may be examined with greater profundity… I have known of authentic conversions connected to the apparitions. In the face of suchevents, how can we not feel the need to open our heart always to Mary our Mother to tell her that we need her protection, her help, her encouragement ,her enthusiasm, her faith, her hope and her love.
    I encourage you to keep maintain this devotion to our Mother”.
    “ Garabandal: Message of Hope “-Fr. Jose Luis Saavedra pg17

Beth B likes this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The Girls bodies were rigid during ecstasy
    Witness Pepe Diaz: “ I touched them many times…protecting them from the many people who wanted to lay hands on them, not with bad intentions, but with the crushing and avalanche of people…that was when I felt something very extraordinary, so extraordinary that it didn’t seem like flesh, like a human person; it seemed , let’s say, like block, something rigid…I don’t know…it very difficult to explain”.
    Another Villager, Prudencio Gonzalez, who passed with his sheep among the girls in ecstasy in the beginnings, when they were still alone in the Calleja, tells how “he had to lean on the shoulder of one of them, and got an enormous fright, as if he had touched the mystery. The shoulder seemed not to be flesh, soft and warm, but so rigid an s cold that he shivered”.
    Prudencio, who up to then had given no credit to the apparitions, suddenly changes his opinion in the face of this ”change of consistency”.
    “Garabandal:Message of Hope” pg 127
    [​IMG]

Beth B likes this.
  18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Obedience test from Priests
    In Garabandal, the girls are always obedient, even at the cost of their vision. It is the Lady herself who teaches them this hierarchy, this value of obedience,and the children learned it.
    The parish priest for example, and (Fr Ramon) Andreu himself, order the children more than once to go to bed when they are waiting for an imminent ecstasy, pre-announced by their vision. They do this to test the little ones in obedience. With the excuse that it’s getting too late, they send them to bed, giving them a strict 5 minutes to do so, and the girls, although with much sorrow, always obey the priests.

On one occasion, when there was just one minute to go, I spoke again, writes Fr. Andreu, saying “ Stay for one minute. Count to sixty, and if nothing happens before sixty, off to bed”. They began to count out loud, humming in chorus, like in school. When they got to 17, they weren’t able to finish the word ”seve…” and they were transfixed in ecstasy, with the head thrown back in that typical way”
    “ Garabandal: Message of Hope” pgs. 123-124

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Girls Perseverance (in the face of sleep deprivation)
    There are many testimonies regarding the children’s virtue, their “perseverance in doing good.” The parish priest, (Fr. ) Valentin Marichalar, writes of them, for example, among his notes from the second year of the apparitions:
    “ The girls lead a life of real sacrifice. Conchita’s Mother told me that her Daughter now sleeps better in a armchair than in a bed; she spends the nights seated, awaiting the apparition, like all of us. She sleeps with her head leaning against the wall. And the net day, she sets out without fail to work. The four girls work, they wash dishes, clean, go to the river to wash clothes, like all the others in everything. For that reason they are not around much on work days, but on Sundays they play in the street like the other village children. In spite of how little they sleep and rest, they look strong and healthy”.
    “Garabandal: Message of Hope” pgs. 122-123
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Beth B likes this.
  20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

CONCHITA ON PENANCE
    On the 4th of November1961, just 15 days after the publication of the first message, the Virgin commends a new task to the children: to start getting up early to pray the Rosary at dawn in the Calleja everyday. “Jacinta and Mari Cruz went at six in the morning” Conchita writes,”but she (The Lady) told me to go at five in the morning, and I did, because the Virgin always wants us to do penance”.
    “Garabandal: Message of Hope” pg. 144

Why the late hour visitations ?
    When the children were asked why the Virgin came at such late hours, they answered that the Virgin told them that it was at that time most of the sins of the world were committed and that they should do penance... And for them it was a penance, and not the smallest, to stay up until the Virgin came to visit them, late in the night, or very early in the morning. They performed this penance because the Virgin wanted it and also because they wanted to see her again.
    From “Memoirs of Spanish Priest” pg 51

Beth B likes this.