GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

https://www.garabandal.com.au/garabandals-prophecy-about-communism/

Carolann77, WTW and KnightTemplar like this.
  2. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Principalities

Thanks Glenn!

3. GRENNAN

GRENNAN New Member

I see it available on amazon.co.uk, I probably got it there; it may also be on the American amazon site, I didn't check that.

4. GRENNAN

GRENNAN New Member

The title is "Garabandal Message of Hope".

5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Sorry , you have the mistaken your book from 2017 as what we are talking about, this is the old one, he has written a new one in 2020,that's what we're looking for.

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

For those new members who would like a brief explanation of the Marian Apparitions at Garabandal,Spain (or to share this with family or friends who don’t know about Garabandal) a short film by actor Ricardo Montalban.

Beth B and Xavier like this.
  8. Mario

Mario Powers

Glenn,

A beautiful prayer from one who was not yet 20. I loved how she included a line to pray for you and for those who reject Our Lady's loving messages:
    For those who spread the message;
    And for those who don’t want to know anything about the message.

Glenn likes this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Funny I heard this passage during today's Gospel reading and how I quote this passage all the time, when people have difficulty believing in Garabandal.

“My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are exalted above the earth, So are My ways exalted above your ways, And My thoughts above your thoughts.” (Is. 55: 8-9)

Sam, Beth B, John T and 1 other person like this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Yesterday was the feast day of "The Baptism of the Lord". It reminded me of what Conchita told me once and she said " Your Baptism is more important than your Birthday, because that is the day you become a child of God !"
    Isn't her outlook on life amazing ?

Sam, Petrus, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The "Symbolic" Baptism of Muriel Catherine

Muriel Catherine, a nineteen-year-old woman from Paris, of a Jewish father and a Protestant mother, was practising no religion when she met Ascension de Luis from Burgos. the latter taught her a few rudimentary notions of the Catholic faith. The two friends went up to Garabandal on Monday, August 28, Feast of St. Augustine, the most famous convert in the Church history, except St. Paul.
    At about 0:30 a.m., on August 29, they attended an ecstasy of Mari-Loli and Jacinta, who spoke about Muriel to their Vision. The visionaries then exclaimed: "She is not baptized! She is not baptized! . . . Come, let's help her . . . Ah, because of her parents! . . . " Loli suddenly stretched out her arm, and grasped a bottle of holy water that a priest had given her to throw towards the apparition as a "test". The girl opened the bottle and threw the contents upwards, in front of her. But instead of following its normal course, the water mysteriously bent its path, and in its inexplicable trajectory, fell as a little shower on Muriel!
    Muriel already had faith. But to be baptized, she had to wait until she came of age, the parents being opposed to her initiative. She was baptized in the cathedral of Burgos, at twenty-one years of age, on October 20, 1963, under the name of Maria del Carmen Catherine.
    Muriel represents the first of three cases of a typical "conversion" linked directly to Garabandal. The two other cases are those of Maximo Foerschler, an Evangelist and of Barbara Painter, an Anglican Protestant.
    From the book GARABANDAL by Jacques Serre, The "Symbolic" Baptism of Muriel Catherine
    muriel-communion.jpg

Petrus and Xavier like this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS WEEK IN GARABANDAL HISTORY
    JANUARY 12 - 20, 1966:
    CONCHITA'S FIRST TRIP TO ITALY:
    ROME, THE VATICAN (S.C.D. FAITH
    AND POPE PAUL VI) AND A MEETING
    WITH BLESSED PADRE PIO.

On the order of Cardinal Alfredo Ottaviani, then Pro-Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, who had been informed about the Garabandal "events" by the father of the princess of Bourbon Parme as early as the summer of 1965, Conchita at last goes to Rome.

On this trip with her there were Fr. Luna, Cecile of Bourbon Parme, Aniceta and Professor Medi (University of Rome), former ambassador of Spain to the Vatican.

Cardinal Ottaviana listened to Conchita for more than two hours. Although we still have partial information about their conversation, we know, nonetheless, that Conchita told him the date of the Miracle as well as the nature of the very important Church event that will occur on the same day, while also answering 'presumed' difficulties reported to the Pro-Prefect . . .

Several other important members of the Roman Curia also welcomed the visionary. She would later meet the Pope's confessor and told him also the date of the future "D" day. But, more important, Conchita was to be introduced to Paul VI, in a very private audience attended by only five persons, which took place providentially on . . . January 18th! Undoubtedly, on this very first day of the "Week of prayer for the Unity of all Christians," the visionary told the Holy Father what she knew about the future 'reunification of all Christian Churches,' about 'the Council, the last Popes,' etc . . .

The Sovereign Pontiff will eventually bless the visionary twice in these terms: "Conchita, I bless you and with me the whole Church blesses you."

Taking advantage of a wait of twenty-four hours before her rendezvous with Cardinal Ottaviani, Conchita and her fellow travelers went to San Giovanni Rotondo. There she met a "friend": Blessed Padre Pio! The latter, although not feeling well that day, came nonetheless against all expectations, to greet the visionary . . . as soon as he was told that "Conchita of San Sebastian de Garabandal is also here." The interview was warm, the famous Capuchin constantly blessing Conchita and assuring her of his prayers. As to her crucifix, kissed by the Blessed Virgin at Garabandal, Conchita presented it to Blessed Padre Pio during her visit, asking him to bless it. This he did, placing the small crucifix on one of his stigmata, in the palm of his left hand, then covering it with Conchita's hand . . .
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, pages 204-205]
    11-13-66.jpg

Petrus likes this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (POPE) PAUL VI : QUOTES ON GARABANDAL
    “ Conchita, I bless you and with me the whole church will bless you “.

Pope Paul VI had shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:
    "It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."

Father Escalada explained his work in spreading the message of Garabandal in Mexico and the Pope Paul VI encouraged him to continue saying: "These messages must be made known."
    Father Escalada asked the Pope for his permission to continue promoting Garabandal and the Pope said “YES”. Pope Paul VI said :
    "It is the most beautiful story of humanity since the days of Christ. It is like a second life of the Virgin on earth. And we can never be grateful enough for it."

, "Jacinta, I am with you, but we have to pray much and have much patience . . : it. is necessary to pray that the Church will become aware of the importance of Garabandal."

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 1963
    Mari-Loli's last ecstasy (two months later she, as well as Conchita, will enter into the phase of her locutions). For some time already (Fall 1962), the visionary had known the very year of the future Warning, and also that "the Aviso will come less than a year before the great Miracle," furthermore that "both of these future great events might occur the very same year . . ." (Mari-Loli first public declarations, 1975).
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, page 162]
    [​IMG]

Petrus and Beth B like this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

CONCHITA'S VISIT TO PADRE PIO

On February 9, 1975 the magazine known as “NEEDLES” had recorded an interview with Conchita .

In January 1966, Conchita arrived in Rome with her mother, a Spanish priest, Fr. Luis Luna, Professor Enrico Medi and Princess Cecilia from Bourbon and Parma. She had been called by Cardinal Ottaviani, prefect of the Holy Office, today known as the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. It was during this visit that Conchita had a private audience with Pope Paul VI, during which only five others were present. We have the reliable witness of Professor Medi, who at the time was president of the European Association of Atomic Energy and friend of the Holy Father; he was one of the five present. As Conchita had to wait a day before her interview with Cardinal Ottaviani, Professor Medi suggested that they go to San Giovanni Rotondo to see Padre Pio. Conchita herself tells about her visit, taken from her interview in NEEDLES magazine:

We all agreed to go so we headed towards the monastery in Professor Medi’s rental car. We arrived about 9 o’clock at night and we were told that we wouldn’t be able to see Padre Pio until the next morning, after he celebrated the 5 a.m. Mass. Fr. Luna and the Professor went to the sacristy before Mass began. The Professor told me later on what had happened. He said that Fr. Luna told Padre Pio that the Princess of Spain was there to see him, Padre Pio replied, "I don’t feel very well and won’t be able to see her until later in the day." Then Professor Medi said to him, "There is someone else here to see you as well. Conchita wants to speak with you." Padre Pio replied, "Conchita of Garabandal? Come back at eight o'clock this morning." When we arrived we were brought into a small room, a cell, which had a bed, a chair, and a small table. I asked Padre Pio if this was his room and if he slept here, to which he replied, 'Oh no, you cannot see my room. This is a rich room.' At the time I did not realize what a holy man Padre Pio was, as I know him to be now. I was very young; I was only 16."

Q: Who was in the room with you?

Conchita: It was just my mother, Fr. Luna, and a priest from the monastery who spoke Spanish and took a lot of pictures. I don’t remember the Princess or the Professor being there.

Q: Can you tell us what was said during your visit with Padre Pio?

Conchita: I only remember a little. I do remember that the priest who had been taking the pictures asked permission from Padre Pio who responded, “You have been taking them since you arrived.” I remember that I had the crucifix that Our Lady had kissed and I said to Padre Pio, “This Cross was kissed by the Blessed Virgin. Would you like to kiss it?” Padre Pio took the crucifix and placed it in the palm of his left hand, over the stigmata. Then he took my hand and placed it over the crucifix, and closed his fingers around my hand. Then with his right hand he blessed my hand and the crucifix. He did the same with my mother when she asked him to bless her rosary that had also been kissed by the Blessed Virgin. I was kneeling the whole time I was with him, he held me by the hand, together with the cross, while he spoke to me.

I asked Conchita for a picture, and she said :" I don't have the photo, and Fr. Alesio who promised it to me, died. " (conversation) “ 4-16-18

Petrus likes this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A MESSAGE FROM CONCHITA TODAY ON OBTAINING PLENARY INDULGENCES

I met with Conchita today,and she asked me to post this short message. Conchita urges everyone to read this message carefully (as many have not heard about it ) on how to obtain this indulgence, and to do it as frequently as possible this year, not only for yourselves, but especially for the intentions of family members and friends who may have passed on. She reminded me that the indulgence wipes away the penalty due for our sins from that day and previously, (not for future sins).

From December 8, 2020 – December 7, 2021 , The gift of special Indulgences is granted on the occasion of the Year of Saint Joseph, announced by Pope Francis to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the proclamation of Saint Joseph as Patron of the universal Church.

https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/in-the-year-of-saint-joseph-the-gift-of-indulgences-20560

Sam, WTW, Petrus and 4 others like this.
  17. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I believe you might be right! If the warning occurs as hoped, many conversions will occur. That is my hope...
    That is also why we must continue to pray and trust Gods permissive will here...especially regarding the elections. Our world has ignored God and like the stock market, the world is in need of a long overdue correction. We sure had enough warnings over the years, but this warning will be undeniable. God have mercy.

18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Just what I was looking for to share! God bless you!

19. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Glenn,
    This is very significant!

Sam and Glenn like this.
  20. Niklas

Niklas Member

Hi, perhaps its this one: José Luis Saavedra. Garabandal: A la luz de la historia. https://www.amazon.es/Garabandal-historia-José-Luis-Saavedra-ebook/dp/B087D6RBK2

Translation from Spanish: "The first doctoral thesis on the apparitions of the Virgin Mary in San Sebastián de Garabandal! What is the current state of the Garabandal apparitions? What happened there from a historical and theological perspective? What does the Magisterium of the Church say about the alleged apparitions? What is the prophetic message that they contain? This first doctoral thesis on apparitions, approved at the University of Navarra, combines scientific rigor with a simple and easy-to-read style. The events that occurred in San Sebastián de Garabandal have never been more accessible. Essential for those who want to know the truth about the events in this Cantabrian village of the last century. It joins the historical-theological investigation of the facts the investigation of what happened beyond the dates of the apparitions, including what the seers did next, how the prelates have acted after the end of the apparitions, and much more." 356 pages

As far as I know Garabandal - Message of hope (318 pages) is a popular version of the thesis. Interesting to read about Dr. Morales conversion after the cure of a man. This patient had a crucifix kissed by the blessed Virgin in Garabandal in his hands and was cured from incurable cancer. Dr. Morales' wife also suffered from cancer and got in her hands this same crucifix. After great pain she died in great Peace. Dr. Morales radically altered his views upon Garabandal and after seeing his wife's change of heart. As we know, Dr. Morales was initially leading the investigations of the apparitions. This book also include some official documents and statements from Church authorities.