GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Bridge levitation.jpg

"Another levitation took place at the very small bridge — now gone — which was in front of the church. On that day, the brook that it crossed was full. The four girls, in ecstasy, were holding arms. The bridge was not wide enough to permit the passage of the four girls abreast, which is what they did nevertheless; one or two of them consequently had to pass outside of the bridge on the water, without, however getting their feet wet.
    “Memoirs of a Spanish Country Priest” by Father José Ramon Garcia de la Riva

CHAPTER XIX “ Levitations” pg. 45

Petrus likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The Garabandal Girls in ecstasy: Collection of short videos
    The girls viewed the apparition, being in its light, hearing its words; but they did not see nor were they aware of the public, although they knew that the public was there since the apparition told them of this many times. The girls in their vision saw each other; however if one of them came out of the ecstasy and the others did not, the ones in the ecstasy no longer saw the one who was not in it. If she went back into ecstasy they would see her.
    “She went in haste to the Mountain” Ch.5 p.95
    Scroll down alittle to see the videos.
    https://maryourlady.com/our-lady-of-garabandal/mystical-phenomenon-supernatural-evidence-garabandal-videos/

Petrus likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Petrus likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

ARE YOUR HANDS EMPTY ?
    The Last Apparition at Garabandal
    November 13, 1965, was a day mixed with joy and sadness for Conchita. The Virgin appeared with her Child to the teenager but it was to be for the last time at Garabandal.
    As Mary had already indicated this was to be a special apparition for kissing religious objects and Conchita had many with her. After kissing the articles, the Virgin said: 'Through the kiss I have bestowed on these objects, my Son will perform prodigies. Distribute them to others. Talk to me, Conchita, talk to me about my children. I hold them all beneath my mantle. This will be the last time you will see me here but I shall always be with you and with all my children. Conchita, why don't you go and visit my Son in the tabernacle? He waits for you night and day."
    Conchita said to the Virgin, "I am so happy when I see both of you. Why don't you take me now to heaven with you?" She replied, "Remember what I told you on your patronal feast day? " When you present yourself before God, your hands must be filled with good deeds done for your brothers and for His glory. At the present time, your hands are empty."
    Mary said “ Conchita, I am not coming only for you but I am coming for all my children, with a desire to see them closer to our hearts”.
    “Garabandal“ by J. Serre -p.201
    [​IMG]

Petrus and Xavier like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MARY, MOTHER & TEACHER
    Modesty, Humility, Obedience, Piety, Charity, Penance, Purity of Soul & Patience.

After re-reading this article today,it struck me, this is how Conchita lives her life, by these very virtues Mary taught her.
    https://ourlady.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Garabandal_Book1.pdf
    SCROLL TO pg.120 Use “+” sign in bottom right to enlarge print size.

Petrus and Xavier like this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 25,1966
    Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college ) "Conchita's Recollections"

" I remember that my village made me suffer. I felt as if imprisoned in it. I acted by the command of others who constantly advised me, Go to Mass , . . Pray the rosary . . . Do this , . . Give up that ... At times I thought I would be happy to be in a hermitage away from everyone, and to work there alone for God, and see what I was capable of doing without their forever telling me.

On the one hand I have no desire for the feast of the Immaculate Conception to come because it will hurt me that this day arrives and I won't have anything. (All these years since 1961, I have had an apparition or locution on it.) And on the other hand, I fear that something will be given to me — since later anxieties will come over me as to whether it was or was not."

con &nieves 66.jpg

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (POPE) PAUL VI AND GARABANDAL
    The Blessed Virgin., in conversation with the young visionaries of Garabandal, mentioned the Holy Father on several occasions, and told them, "Pray, pray for the Pope" . It is an interesting fact that Pope Paul VI issued his encyclical "Mysterium Fidei" concerning "the weakening of devotion toward the Holy Eucharist" on September 3, 1965, only eleven weeks after Our Lady had complained, "Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist."

Early in 1966 Conchita was called to the Vatican. Cardinal Ottaviani, the pro-Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (Holy Office) had instructed Fr. Luna: "With or without the permission of the bishop, bring the young girls to me." During January 12-16 she was interviewed for 2 1/2 hours by the Cardinal and saw other members of the Congregation, afterwards she saw the Pope and gave him the date of the Great Miracle to come. She then paid a visit to Padre Pio, the famous stigmatist. Upon her return, at an audience in St. Peter's, the Holy Father came to her and announced joyfully in a clear voice, "Conchita, I, the Pope, bless you and with me the whole Church blesses you."

The November 7, 1968 bulletin of Peru's Legion Blanca under the imprimatur of Mgr. Alfonso Zapana Belliza, Bishop of Tacna, Peru, quotes the late Pope Paul VI as having said at a private audience these inspiring words: "Garabandal the most beautiful story of humanity since the birth of Jesus Christ! It is also the second sojourn of the most Holy Virgin on this earth, and we have no adequate words to express our gratitude."
    Pope Paul VI had all the while shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:
    "It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."
    [​IMG]

Xavier and Petrus like this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

13. Mario

Mario Powers

padraig likes this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History NOVEMBER 28, 1963:

For the second time this month, when the locutions began, each of the two visionaries was unaware that her companion was going through the same spiritual experience.

CONCHITA'S AND MARI-LOLI'S LOCUTIONS

The Blessed Virgin spoke to the two visionaries about Felipe Sobrado, a priest martyr of the Spanish Civil War, and whose remains were transferred to the church of Pontejoz, on November 18, 1963 precisely. "He will not be canonized, but through his intercession God will perform miracles" said the Blessed Virgin of Mount Carmel to Conchita.

The locutions always came when Conchita and Loli were praying. The most important ones were given them at the church after they had received Holy Communion.

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 179]

Petrus likes this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

NOTABLE BELIEVERS OF GARABANDAL

Yes, there are many known and unknown , Popes, Saints & Blessed's,and Church leaders who believed. I can’t think of another apparition with this resume of believers.

Saint ( Padre ) Pio

Saint (Pope) John Paul II

Saint (Pope ) Paul VI

Saint (Mother) Teresa of Calcutta

Saint (Fr. ) Jose Maria Escriva

Saint (Madre) Maravillas

Pope Benedict XVI

Venerable Marthe Robin,

Venerable Fr. Ciszek ,

Venerable Padre Nieto,

Cardinal Ottaviani (Vatican Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) ,

Archbishop of Madrid, Casimiro Morcillo Gonzalez

Arch Bishop Carlos Sierra of Madrid, Spain,

Arch Bishop Manuel Lopez of Mexico,

Bishop of Fatima Joao Venancio,

Fr. Constant Luis Pel

Madre Esperanza of Jesus,

Mother Angelica

You’re in good company !

Petrus likes this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Petrus likes this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal history : November 29,1966

(A foreshadowing of Mary's future prediction of "many priests are on the road to perdition " )

Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college ) "Conchita's Recollections"

Conchita: " I remember a young priest of the Heart of Mary, to whom I wanted to give the crucifix to kiss, drew back, and weeping said, I am not worthy, I am not worthy . . . When I had finished seeing the Virgin, I went up to him and, apart from everyone, communicated to him what she had told me. He wants to take off the habit and leave the congregation. On hearing this, he began to cry again. I've never seen him since."

Petrus likes this.
  18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

November of 1966,

Conchita wrote this to Rev. Mother Maria des Nieves. “ Just before the Blessed Virgin was about to leave us, she would give us a kiss. We did not feel any material contact, nor could we go any further because something was preventing us from doing so. We wanted to touch her but when our hands got close to her, they wouldn’t touch anything, nor go any further.

We have held the infant Jesus in our arms, but we couldn’t feel his weight, nor any material contact, although he was truly there”.

-“The Village Speaks”, pg. 25

Petrus likes this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Booklady likes this.