GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY, SEPTEMBER 8, 1961:
    THE VIRGIN OF MOUNT CARMEL, QUESTIONED . . . REPLIES!
    Canon Julio Porro Cardenoso became a convinced witness of the divine authenticity of the phenomena occurring at San Sebastian de Garabandal. He was to write later several books about them.
    In the afternoon of his arrival, Don Valentin asked Dr. Porro to draw up some ten questions to be submitted to the Blessed Virgin through the visionaries, during their evening ecstasy. Mari-Loli took charge of this mission. Our Lady's answers are a "first" . .
    1. By what sins does the Blessed Virgin feel most offended? - The mortal ones.
    2. What is the Blessed Virgin urging the Spaniards to do above all to amend themselves? - That they go to confession and receive Communion.
    3. What sacrifices is she asking from Spain? - That "we may be good" (totally virtuous).
    4. What are the sins of young people that hurt and offend her most? - No answer.
    5. What sins of the parents offend her the most? - When they quarrel.
    6. What social sin wounds the Heart of Jesus the most? - No answer.
    7. Is the impact of the Message greater for Spain or for the whole world? - No answer.
    8. What nation fulfills the commandment of Jesus Christ the best? - Spain.
    9. What nation can be presented as a model to the faithful? - No answer.
    10. Is the Message for the whole world or for Spain? - For the whole world.
    11. Why do these things (i.e. the apparitions) occur at night? - No answer: the face of the Vision became clouded over with sadness . . ."
    (Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 101)

I do have an answer for Question #11. I found in a different book. Why the late hour visitations ?

When the children were asked why the Virgin came at such late hours, they answered that the Virgin told them that it was at that time most of the sins of the world were committed and that they should do penance... And for them it was a penance, and not the smallest, to stay up until the Virgin came to visit them, late in the night, or very early in the morning. They performed this penance because the Virgin wanted it and also because they wanted to see her again.

From “Memoirs of Spanish Priest” pg 51

Advocata Nostra likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History.SEPTEMBER 9, 1962:
    "THE POPE AND PADRE PIO WILL SEE THE MIRACLE" . . .
    Conchita explained Our Lady's remarks to Dr. Celestino Ortiz: "This Miracle will be a very great one. The Pope, wherever we may want him to be, will see it. And Padre Pio as well."
    The odd turn of the visionary's statement concerning the location from which the Sovereign Pontiff will see the Miracle, leads us to suppose that he will not be at the Vatican for the great event. (Conchita's own repeated opinion). As to Blessed Padre Pio seeing (in advance) the Miracle, cf. infra, Part III, on October 17-18, 1968.
    [Excerpt from 'Garabandal' Book, page 147]

PADRE PIO SEES THE MIRACLE BEFORE HIS DEATH & CONCHITA IS GIVEN GIFTS BY HIM. When Conchita found out Padre Pio died in Sept. 1968, she met his close friend, Father Bernardino Cennamo, at Lourdes, and asked him, "How is it that Our Lady told me Padre Pio would see the Miracle and he has died?" Father Cenammo responded, "Padre Pio saw the Miracle before he died. He told me himself." The priest gave Conchita one of the three veils that covered Padre Pio's face during his wake, saying that the stigmatist had requested this before he died. He told her truthfully that he personally did not believe in the authenticity of Garabandal until Padre Pio requested this of him. Conchita also was given Padre Pio's rosary, and one of the gloves he wore, stained by his stigmata. She has these treasures preserved at her home in New York.

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 1961:

KING BAUDOIN AGAIN AT SAN
    SEBASTIAN DE GARABANDAL
    The Belgian sovereign had already visited San Sebastian de Garabandal several times. Taking advantage of holidays he was spending in Spain with his wife of Spanish origin, Queen Fabiola, he returned to this village on September 12, 1961. He thus attended the ecstasies of that day and even found himself "bound" to one of the visionaries in a particular way. One of them made a step backward and stepped on his foot, to the point of keeping him rooted to the spot!
    At the funeral Mass for King Baudoin (d. July 31, 1993), Cardinal Daneels (Malines - Brussels) dwelt at length on the "secret" of the deceased man. Under the cover of the monarch's public activities (the process of his possible beatification was even mentioned), flowed a calm and hidden spring: his life in God, to the rhythm of prayer and penance with a great devotion to the Blessed Virgin, whom he venerated very particularly as "Our Lady of Mount Carmel," and to the Eucharist. "The day will come when the Sovereign's 'secret' will be revealed, and the world will then be in amazement," explained Cardinal Daneels.
    In the night of September 12 to 13, then Feast of the Holy Name of Mary, the girls, in ecstasy, recited the whole fifteen mysteries of the rosary . . .
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book page 101]

[Photo] Queen Fabiola and King Baudoin
    [​IMG]

Advocata Nostra likes this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: SEPTEMBER 13, 1961:
    THE NIGHT OF THE FIFTY ECSTASIES!
    From midnight to 4 A.M., Loli and Conchita had close to fifty ecstasies at Cochita's home.
    Taking advantage of a moment of intermission, Reverend Ramon de la Riva, handed Conchita his old camera equipped with bellows and suggested that she take a photo of the Blessed Virgin. The girl rather handed the camera to Mari-Loli, then in ecstasy; she, not knowing anything about operating this camera, nevertheless went through the five steps needed to take a picture.
    The photos were failures . . . The Blessed Virgin explained through the intermediary Mari-Loli to the good pastor of Barro, that "even if these photos had been better, he would not in any way have believed more than he already did."
    Two other attempts, also by Mari-Loli, to "photograph" the Virgin of Mount Carmel (on March 12, 1962 and January 1, 1963) apparently did not come out any better.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 103]

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : SEPTEMBER 15, 1961:

The "film of sinners" unfolds before the eyes of Mari-Cruz and Conchita!

THE "FILM OF SINNERS"

In the two Messages of Garabandal, the prediction of the Chastisement that will strike the entire human race, if the latter persists in its immoral behavior, strongly expresses what Msgr. Beitia Aldazabal, the principle titular bishop of Santander at the time of the apparitions and locutions, called "the doctrine of God offended by our sins." This expression occurs eight hundred times in the Bible. In the Old Covenant, it is already associated with the holiness of God. Horror of sin was instilled in the girls from the beginning of the apparitions by a Marian catechesis sustained and, at times, even highlighted with very painful ecstasies bearing on the iniquity of the world and the ordeals it would create.

While awaiting original complementary documents, we set this terrifying vision, during which the Blessed Virgin showed the "film of sinners" to the visionaries, on September 15, Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.

Then the terrified protestations of the children were heard: "No, no! , , , What horror! How hideous! Take that away (from our sight) . . . Yes, sacrifices (for sinners)! . . ." And in pathetic attitudes of pleading, they called on Divine Mercy.

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 105]

film of sinners.jpg

John T likes this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History : September 16, 1962

The Blessed Virgin’s “ Fool “

A day to remember for its spiritual teaching. The ecstasy this Monday led Mari Loli and Conchita to Alfonso’s place, the one who was nicknamed, rather unkindly , “the Village’s fool “. Having made the sign of the cross over his pillow and offered him the crucifix to kiss, the two visionaries explained the reasons for their gestures.

“ The Blessed Virgin told us , ‘ You hold him in contempt, but I love him’ “

https://ourlady.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Expressions-of-Charity.pdf

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY SEPTEMBER 17, 1961:
    A DISCREET "PRESENCE" OF ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI!
    Here again, we set the following scene approximately on this Sunday, then also the Feast of the "Stigmata of St. Francis of Assisi": Conchita, in ecstasy, is holding in her hand her small crucifix which appeared then to witnesses as "surrounded by a brilliant light."
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 105]

13. Mario

Mario Powers

Glenn,

Your thread reminds me of the image of a revolving globe in which earthly scenes appear and then reappear as the globe continues to spin. So too for me, as months go by, your voluminous number of posts and articles return yet never lessen in the hope, joy, and marveling they produce.

One day, the wondrous and jarring truth of each of our souls will personally be revealed. Your posts and articles continue to remind me and help me to grow and prepare! Thanks!

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

It's a journey for sure:):):coffee:

15. Advocata Nostra

Advocata Nostra Archangels

Never a better time to get buckled-up!

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

COLLECTION OF LITTLE MIRACULOUS STORIES THAT WERE BARLEY NOTICED AMONG THE BIGGER DAILY MIRACLES AT GARABANDAL DURING THE APPARITIONS.
    HAIR DRY IN RAIN June 1961 ,by Placido Ruiloba
    “As the ecstasy was prolonged and the pathways became more difficult to traverse, my arm got tired from holding the umbrella and I closed it even though the rain continued without letup. I accompanied the girl for twenty minutes and was soaked through and through; my feet were swimming in my shoes. At the end of twenty minutes, we passed before a house lit by a small electric light bulb which enabled me to see to my amazement that the shoulders and head of the girl were completely dry. To make sure I passed my wet hand three times through her hair and dried it as if I were using a towel. All this I affirm, and would swear to it with my hand on the holy Gospels. “
    UNTANGLED ROSARIES
    Another interesting miraculous phenomenon was the returning of rosaries. Now that people started to believe the Blessed Mother was actually appearing at Garabandal, they would bring their rosaries and medals to be kissed by her. They were all piled on a table for the girls to offer up to her. Entangled when presented by the girls to be blessed by the Blessed Mother, rosaries, medals, and multitude of objects would incredibly untangle smoothly when being returned to their owners. Even without any pre-established order, the Garabandal visionaries also never erred in returning each object to its proper owner.
    The events of January 1, 1962.
    Dr. Ortiz tells us the following story:
    “I was in the village with Miss Margarita Huerta who had come from Madrid with a group of people. Three of the girls fell into ecstasy and were walking together through the street just above the plaza, going towards the Church. One of the men from the group, who was following at a distance, suddenly thought, ‘If this is from God, let the middle girl come to me now and offer me the crucifix to kiss.’
    Immediately, the girl fell back from the other girls and held up the crucifix for him to kiss! He was very excited and later told us the story”.
    A Dominican in Disguise
    Conchita’s mother Aniceta tells us the story:
    A young man arrived here with a young woman, a couple. He was dressed like any normal young man, and I assumed that they were just a young dating couple. It was raining a lot and the place was full of people. Conchita, in ecstasy, came into the house. My sister was amidst the crowd and the young man approached her and said, “Give this cross to the girl.” My sister responded, “Why should I try to give it to her? She’s not going to take it. When she’s in ecstasy, she never receives anything.” “Well, give it to her mother then, so that her mother can give it to her.” My sister came up to me and said, “Here, that man said for you to give this to Conchita.” I responded, “Why am I going to give it to her? She never takes anything.”
    Then, I had an idea. What he wanted me to give to Conchita was a cross on a string, and so I thought of hanging it on her fingers, since she had her hands folded. Although Conchita spoke softly, I was close by and heard her insist to her vision, “I didn’t bring anything. I really didn’t bring anything.” She continued, “Well, if I have something, take it.”
    At that moment, Conchita took a step forward, lowered her hands and, in doing so, the cross fell on the ground. She took another step and stepped on the cross, “Ah! I’m stepping on it?”
    She bent down and picked up the cross, still in ecstasy, and held it up to her apparition to kiss. Then she turned around, facing the young man, made the sign of the cross over him and held it up for him to kiss. Turning back to the vision, she held it up again to be kissed and said, “Having such a beautiful habit as the Dominican habit, what a pity that he came dressed like that!”.
    Then, turning back to the man, she took his glasses off and put them in his hands. The man was afraid and I said to him, “Don't worry, she won’t break them.”
    She made the sign of the cross over him, held up his cross to be kissed again, and then put it around his neck. However, she put it on him backwards, the image was turned inwards. “Oh! I put it on him backwards?” She took it off, turned it around and put it back around his neck.
    Then she opened his hands, took his glasses and put them back on his face. Then she repeated, “What a shame that they come dressed like that!”
    He was a Dominican priest in disguise, wearing normal clothing, and accompanied by a young lady, who appeared to be his girlfriend, but who turned out to be his sister“.
    CRUCIFIX RISES BY ITSELF FROM BEING DROPPED THE MUD !
    June 1961. With her eyes fixed straight above, Conchita stooped slightly and reached down about 50 centimeters (20 inches) from the ground. Then before the attentive and stupefied eyes of all of us who witnessed it, the crucifix came out of the mud by itself to the level of the girl's hand. She immediately grabbed it with both hands while remaining in ecstasy.
    Witness: Don Placido Ruiloba
    Conchita and the Glass of Milk
    One day Conchita was eating near the elevated kitchen fireplace on a small stool where she usually sat. Suddenly Loli came inside in ecstasy and said to her: — “Conchita, the Virgin says you should finish quickly, since she is going to come to see you.” Conchita sped up her motions a little, and then as she lifted her glass of milk, to everyone’s surprise, she fell into ecstasy, the glass of milk in her hand. She came down slowly from the fireplace, and at the doorway of the house, she started running swiftly toward the church. She stopped abruptly in front of the portico. There they were able to take the celebrated glass of milk from her hand. To everyone’s surprise, not a drop had been lost. (Just another little example of the daily signs of proof )
    Falling on the ground: 6-11-67
    Mother Nieves: " Why did you fall on the ground ? "
    Conchita: " We were not aware of that, we were with the Virgin ! And we followed the conversation or communication with her, without knowing if we were running or not, if we were on our knees or lying on the ground."
    "Foot Race", A story from Serafin Gonzalez ( Conchita's Brother )
    “On one occasion, a boy who was a good athlete arrived and said: ‘No one can beat me in a race. No girl can beat me.’ One of the girls had an ecstasy and set off running, and this boy ran after her. It was clear that the Blessed Virgin wasn’t trying to outrun him in the race, but at this point the girl was running at such a speed right toward the wall of a house that the boy thought: ‘If this is not from God, this girl will kill herself running into that wall.’ The boy had to stop to give him time to slow down, but the girl continued running without stopping until she reached the wall, and then she stopped in an instant. She said to the Blessed Virgin: ‘Oh, it is so he will believe…!’ The boy heard this and believed, since it was not humanly possible to stop in an instant at that speed.”
    Light bulb story
    The Chief of the Civil Guard, Juan Alvarez Seco, who lived nearby, remembers this case.
    “One day María Dolores ( Mari Loli ) was on the second floor of her house where she had apparitions many times. Her father Ceferino had said that, when they came down from there to the floor below where the tavern was, they would unscrew the light bulb since there was no switch to turn it off. Loli, while putting her hand on the bulb this time, fell into ecstasy, and she didn't take away her hand. We all feared that if she continued like this, holding onto the lit light bulb, she would burn her hand. Her mother said, “Heavens, take away the light bulb!”
    However all our efforts were useless. Then we called Mari Cruz who wasn't in ecstasy, and she—with the greatest of ease—made Loli let go of the bulb. Her hand was not burned. Then the girl went down the stairs and continued her ecstatic march “.

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

WEDDING RINGS
    The girls would have their fingers full of wedding rings, and while in ecstasy they'd raise up their hands and ask the Virgin to kiss them. After this they would return the rings to their owners without making any mistakes and without seeing who they were giving them to as their heads were always tilted backwards and their eyes fixed on the apparition above them.
    Garabandal and the Holy Shroud
    Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady:
    "It is the divine imprint of my Son."
    Sign of the cross, except one
    One of the visionaries made the Sign of the Cross on all the persons around them except one . . . We can imagine that person's dismay. The parish priest asked the girl later why she had not made the Sign of the Cross over this person. And the girl responded that the Virgin had said that this person was the only one of those present who had made the Sign of the Cross on getting up in the morning. On questioning all those involved, it was learned that it had indeed been like that.»
    IN TIME , MARY REVEALS ALL.
    I have a rarely heard story of Our Lady kissing a woman's powdercase. We know most of the stories are about kissed religious objects. The reason I post this ( besides being a rarely heard story ) is that it reminds me of we don't always understand everything that happened at Garabandal , until later on. I think this story proves my point. Never question our Blessed Mother's intentions, even if we don’t understand it right away.

One day Conchita was in the kitchen of her house surrounded by persons who were waiting for the moment of the apparition. On the simple table that served for the family meals, the objects that she was going to give to be kissed were being gathered. Together with these, someone had put there a stylish woman's powder case. The child and those present wanted this removed. How could the Virgin come to kiss an object so profane and used only for the service of vanity? Nevertheless, the powder case remained there.
    The ecstasy began and those present saw with astonishment that the visionary's hand, without her looking at it, before going to any other object, went first of all toward the previously discussed powder case. The child raised it toward the invisible Virgin and then set it down with great respect on the table. Among those present, surprise must have been mingled with doubt. Was it really the Virgin who was appearing? It didn't seem that she would kiss such an object . . .
    As soon as the ecstasy was finished, Conchita was asked for an explanation. And she declared that the Virgin had asked immediately for the powder case in order to kiss it, saying that it was something «belonging to her Son».The girl did not know anything more. But the person who had put the powder case there did know more and revealed the secret. During the terrible Spanish civil war (1936-1939) in the Red Zone when priests were being executed and had to be hidden, the powder case had been used to bring Communion Hosts to various locations and especially to prisoners whom the Reds held captive in order to execute. Thus it had served as a Pyx.

Booklady and Tanker like this.
  18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Booklady likes this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SEPT. 20 1918, Padre Pio receives the stigmata of Christ. I mention this because Saint Pio ,upon his death left Conchita one of his blood stained gloves ! A true sign of their close friendship and his belief in the Garabandal apparitions. (Story below).

When Conchita found out Padre Pio died on Sept. 23, 1968, she met his close friend, Father Bernardino Cennamo, at Lourdes, and asked him, "How is it that Our Lady told me Padre Pio would see the Miracle and he has died?" Father Cenammo responded, "Padre Pio saw the Miracle before he died. He told me himself."The priest gave Conchita one of the three veils that covered Padre Pio's face during his wake, saying that the stigmatist had requested this before he died. He told her truthfully that he personally did not believe in the authenticity of Garabandal until Padre Pio requested this of him. Conchita also was given Padre Pio's rosary, and one of the gloves he wore, stained by his stigmata. She has these treasures preserved at her home in New York.
    Padre Pio never ceased recommending pilgrims who asked him about Garabandal, to make a visit there. He told Joey Lomangino, (the next most significant individual in the story of the apparitions after the visionaries) that yes, the Virgin was appearing there, and yes he should go there.
    Pios glove.jpg

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (POPE) PAUL VI : QUOTES ON GARABANDAL

“ Conchita, I bless you and with me the whole church will bless you “.

Pope Paul VI had shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:

"It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."

Father Escalada explained his work in spreading the message of Garabandal in Mexico and the Pope Paul VI encouraged him to continue saying: "These messages must be made known." Father Escalada asked the Pope for his permission to continue promoting Garabandal and the Pope said “YES”. Pope Paul VI said :

"It is the most beautiful story of humanity since the days of Christ. It is like a second life of the Virgin on earth. And we can never be grateful enough for it."

, "Jacinta, I am with you, but we have to pray much and have much patience . . : it. is necessary to pray that the Church will become aware of the importance of Garabandal."

In June 1969, Pope Paul sent his personal blessing to Difurora Mariana of Mexico, along with the gift of a crucifix for every member of the Garabandal Centre there, encouraging them to continue promoting the messages of Garabandal.

Mario, Booklady and Fede like this.