GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Pope Benedict XVI & Garabandal
    Pope Benedict XVI knows all about Garabandal , and been very receptive to learning more about it. Not only has he met and interviewed Conchita, ( When I personally spoke to Conchita about the meeting in the Vatican , she told me she only met him when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, not as Pope Benedict.)
    He has all the latest investigation papers, eyewitness testimonies of the miracles, etc. performed through the intercession of Our Lady of Garabandal, sent to him by the well known promoter the late Fr. Francis Benac, S.J. He has also read the Garabandal book “ O Children Listen to Me “

Cardinal Ratzinger became the Prefect (head) of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, on November 25, 1981,the Vatican department in charge of protecting the sacred deposit of the faith handed on from the apostles. Considering how close he was with Pope John Paul II, who was a vocal supporter of Garabandal, him meeting Conchita, reading up on the subject, it’s no surprise to me, that he is a believer too. The reason I say this is I have it on good authority that he has conveyed his belief to a Vatican priest ,who is also a Canon Lawyer (who wishes to remain nameless ).

According to journalist John L. Allen Jr.'s 2005 biography entitled: 'Pope Benedict XVI: A Biography of Joseph Ratzinger' (pages 118-119 ) his interest in Garabandal began long before becoming Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. It actually began when he was a professor of theology at the Gustav Siewerth Haus Academy, located in Germany's Black Forest. Every summer he gave a course in dogmatic exegesis at the private academy from 1970 thru 1979. It is said that he knew of and took the Garabandal apparitions seriously even then. Author John Allen, Jr. confirmed this from several of Joseph Ratzinger's former graduate students.
    Monsignor Juan Antonio del Val, in addition to giving permission for the movie made by BBC, made a personal investigation for several years about the Apparitions of Garabandal and is one of the witnesses on the video, “Garabandal, the Eyewitnesses,” produced by Michael Tubberty and published in more that thirty languages by Monsignor Roman Danylak, titular Bishop of Nyssa, Rome, Italy. (January 24, 2000).
    1989 Monsignor del Val finally opens the Second Commission (with the support of Rome) testifies that the findings of the investigation of the Apparitions of the Most Holy Virgin Mary in Garabandal were sent to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith; more specifically, to Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger. ( This led to Pope Benedict XVI confirming belief in Garabandal).

Advocata Nostra likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (Pope) John Paul II - on Garabandal
    There is a book on Garabandal, written by Albrecht Weber in 1993, entitled Garabandal Der Zeigefmger Gottes (Garabandal: The Finger of God), of which a first edition copy was presented to Pope John Paul II. He later asked his secretary, Fr. (now Archbishop) Stanislaus Dziwisz, to write to the author. In the subsequent printing (2000) of the book, on page 19, a portion of the Pope's message is reprinted, as follows:"May God reward you for everything. Especially for the deep love with which you are making the events connected with Garabandal more widely known. May the Message of the Mother of God find an entrance into hearts before it is too late. As an expression of joy and gratitude, the Holy Father gives you his apostolic blessing."Weber writes, "From the attached greeting in the Pope's own handwriting, with his signature, it is clear how deep an interest he has in the events of Garabandal, and how anxious he is that they should be made known in a credible way."
    On July 23, 1988, during a special general audience with the Pope at the Vatican ... "special" because it was held on Saturday, rather than the usual Wednesday... Father Robert introduced Garabandal Visionary Mari-Loli and family to him. Father Robert who was holding 7 year old Maria Dolores, one of the three Lafleur children, said to the Pope: "Your Holiness, a special blessing for your littlest children who come on behalf of The Blessed Virgin from Garabandal." Our Holy Father exclaimed "Garabandal!"
    (picture below )
    [​IMG]

Avprog likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (POPE) PAUL VI AND GARABANDAL
    The Blessed Virgin., in conversation with the young visionaries of Garabandal, mentioned the Holy Father on several occasions, and told them, "Pray, pray for the Pope" . It is an interesting fact that Pope Paul VI issued his encyclical "Mysterium Fidei" concerning "the weakening of devotion toward the Holy Eucharist" on September 3, 1965, only eleven weeks after Our Lady had complained, "Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist."
    Early in 1966 Conchita was called to the Vatican. Cardinal Ottaviani, the pro-Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (Holy Office) had instructed Fr. Luna: "With or without the permission of the bishop, bring the young girls to me." During January 12-16 she was interviewed for 2 1/2 hours by the Cardinal and saw other members of the Congregation, afterwards she saw the Pope and gave him the date of the Great Miracle to come. She then paid a visit to Padre Pio, the famous stigmatist. Upon her return, at an audience in St. Peter's, the Holy Father came to her and announced joyfully in a clear voice, "Conchita, I, the Pope, bless you and with me the whole Church blesses you."

The November 7, 1968 bulletin of Peru's Legion Blanca under the imprimatur of Mgr. Alfonso Zapana Belliza, Bishop of Tacna, Peru, quotes the late Pope Paul VI as having said at a private audience these inspiring words: "Garabandal the most beautiful story of humanity since the birth of Jesus Christ! It is also the second sojourn of the most Holy Virgin on this earth, and we have no adequate words to express our gratitude."
    Pope Paul VI had all the while shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:
    "It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."
    [​IMG]

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History : September 1, 1962

The pastor of Garabandal, Don Valentin Marichalar, took notes of what he observed during his many visits to the village at the time of the apparitions. He relates an event involving a visit to the cemetery by all four girls. It took place on September 1, 1962.

At about nine in the evening, after the public rosary in the village church, Conchita went into ecstasy at the door of the church, a place where many apparitions began. A few minutes later, Our Lady appeared also to Loli and Jacinta and then after a few more minutes to Mari Cruz. In the first days of the apparitions, Our Lady always appeared to the four girls together. This pattern changed quite quickly and the Blessed Virgin began appearing to one, two or three of the girls as well as to all four together. By September of 1962, apparitions to all four girls together were rare.

The girls then began an ecstatic march in which Loli and Jacinta went together while Conchita and Mari Cruz walked alone. The four girls went to the pines, followed by a large number of people. They recited the rosary and left the pines, walking backwards in ecstasy and still praying the rosary. On this return march, Conchita joined Loli and Jacinta, while Mari Cruz went alone. ALL FOUR WENT TO THE CEMETERY and from there to the church.

don VALENTIN.jpg

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY SEPTEMBER 3, 1961
    ST. JOSEPH IS THE GREATEST SAINT
    In response to Don Valentin Marichalar’s questions, the visionaries learned from the Blessed Virgin that “ St. Joseph is the greatest of all the Saints “
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 100]

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I totally believe this, and not some of the recent folks who claim that Jesus told them they are the greatest saint, if I understand correctly what they claim.
    That honor has to be bestowed on St. Joseph.

Sam likes this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Saint “Mother“ Teresa, Garabandal,and Conchita

Pope Francis canonized “ Mother “ Teresa at a ceremony on September 4, 2016 in St. Peter's Square in Vatican City.

The famous Foundress of the Missionaries of Charity has never expressed any doubts about her profound belief in the divine origin of Garabandal: "It was in 1970 that I heard about the apparitions of San Sebastian de Garabandal for the first time . . . From the beginning, I felt that the 'events' were authentic . . ." (Letter of November 10, 1987 to Msgr. Del Val).

During her frequent trips to the United States, notably to New York, Mother Teresa had the opportunity of meeting Conchita who has lived on Long Island since 1972. This was the beginning of a strong human and spiritual friendship with Conchita and her family, that never faltered. Mother Teresa is the Godmother of Conchita’s third daughter, Anna Maria.

Personally , it speaks volumes to me about the authenticity of the apparitions, that her two closest friends were St. Pio & St. Teresa.

Sam likes this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY .
    It was on September 4, 1961 that Fr. Luis Andreu first arrived in Garabandal. He would become the 5th visionary, and more importantly the first person to see the future Miracle !
    [​IMG]

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

From a tape recording on September 4, 1962, the Blessed Mother tells Conchita , there will be a Miracle in Garabandal, Mary will be there,
    and it will be a long time from then !

September 4th, 1962 was a Tuesday. According to Fr. Valentín's annotations,

toward 11:00 in the morning Conchita fell into ecstasy at the door

of the church, and there received Communion from the hand of the Angel;

somewhat later, the same thing happened to Loli.

The afternoon passed; the night began, and at 1:30 Conchita had an

ecstasy again. She went to the graveyard, made her way through the

streets of the village, prayed the rosary, sang the Salve. On entering her

home, she fell on her knees and said farewell to the Vision. As she was

speaking, a person near to her not satisfied with just hearing what the

girl was saying held a microphone to her lips. What he recorded from

this confirmed afterwards what his ears had not understood well.

You say there's going to be a miracle? . . . And the miracle is going to be

that? . . . And the Virgin will be seen? . . . And when? . . . So long

away? . . . With me alone . . . No. I don’t want that . . . Don’t do that! Perform it with the four . . .

From the book, “ She Came In Haste to the Mountain”
    http://www.garabandal.us/pdfs/she_wenthaste.pdf
    Scroll down to page 494

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Jo M, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENON & PROOF AT GARABANDAL

1. THE LITTLE MIRACLE (ST. MICHAEL ANNOUNCED JULY3’62 IN ADVANCE) HAPPENED ON JULY18,’62 ,CAUGHT ON FILM.

2. GIRLS RECITE THE ROSARY (THEY WERE NEVER KNEW IT )

3.AUG.’61 MARY VOICE RECORDED “NO I WON’T SPEAK “

4. CONCHITA TAKES A POLAROID OF MARY.

5. GIRLS RETURN KISSED RELIGIOUS OBJECTS TO OWNERS,FROM A PILE ON A TABLE, ALWAYS LOOKING UP.

6.ECSTATIC WALK FORWARD & BACKWARD OVER ROCKS.

7.GIRLS COULD LIFT EACH OTHER UP TO MARY,BUT 2MEN COULDN’T LIFT THEM.

8.DRS. TESTED GIRLS BY PINCHING THEM, STICKING WITH NEEDLES, BURNING THEM WITH MATCHES,THROWING SAND IN THEIR EYES TO MAKE BLINK, FLASH BULBS TO MAKE BLINK,BUT THEY NEVER BLINKED.

9. CRUCIFIX RAISED ITSELF UP FROM THE MUD,TO CONCHITA.

10.MARY WAS ABLE TO IDENTIFY PRIESTS WHO TRIED TO DISGUISE THEMSELVES IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING.

Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

Glenn, is there an audio of her saying "No I won't speak" since it was recorded

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Technically yes, there was an audio tape that was played once in the village(many witnesses) , then when rewound , never played again sadly.

14. Mario

Mario Powers

And here we are some 58 years later and Conchita is here in the States. Even her husband has died! :(

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mario, whats your point? She said " SO LONG AWAY" What did you expect ?

16. Mario

Mario Powers

I was simply affirming a fulfillment of what she indicated in a long ago apparition, Glenn. It was the first time I had heard of that particular one. :cool:

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Sam likes this.
  17. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

thank you Glenn

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

CONCHITA’S POLAROID
    Conchita was given a Polaroid camera and took this picture during her ecstasy of the Blessed Mother at the pines in Garabandal. This fact is stated by Mother Maria de las Nieves.
    Mother María de las Nieves García was told by Conchita that people wanted a photo of Our Lady, so one day they put a camera in her hands and told her how to operate it because she had no clue. After falling into ecstasy, Conchita started handling the camera as she had been instructed, and Our Lady smiled at her. Conchita told Our Lady that she was holding that thing because people wanted a photo of her, and Our Lady said to her, "I've come out [in the photo]." When the ecstasy ended, the photo was looked at: the result was a light shape of Our Lady on a dark background. Conchita's mother kept and cherished the photo on her bedside table until her death.
    [​IMG]

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Interview of Father Gustavo Morelos / 1988
    by Maria Saraco
    Did you know that the girls who were in ecstasy walked arm with arm in front of the church without their feet touching the ground?
    “They seemed to be floating in the air, but they walked. There were young people in the city along with their brothers and sisters who tried to reach them and couldn't.
    It wasn't like they were running because they walked their normal walk... it seemed like they were sliding and floating in the air making it almost impossible to keep up with them.
    Conchita's older brother Seraphin told me he once had a single ecstasy in the pine trees. When he returned home, which is about 300 feet from the pine trees, he returned to his knees, moving backwards. Because there were so many rocks coming down that hill, Conchita's brother remembers praying to God, asking, ′′ Why does God allow Conchita to kneel...?, he moved that way when he could hurt his knees because of those rocks I love you.
    Thought: She's really gonna scratch and ruin her knees. But to his surprise when he got up he shook his knees a little bit and went in. The house. He said, ′′ I couldn't believe what I saw! Conchita hadn't hurt her knees and she didn't have a single scratch! Conchita's brother is totally convinced. He told me : " Father, there's no way anyone can convince me that this is not from God. THIS MUST BE FROM GOD BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THIS HAPPENING, it's nothing someone told me ".
    [​IMG]