GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Jaylan

Jaylan New Member

Thank you so much Glenn for your kind response. God bless you!

garabandalmiracle likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT JOSE MARIE ESCRIVA AND GARABANDAL

On October 6, 2002, Pope John Paul II canonized the founder of Opus Dei in St Peter’s Square, Rome, in the presence of more than 300,000 people from all round the world.

His feast day is June 26th.

The link between St Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer with the Garabandal apparitions is not well known. In the summer of 1962 he spent a few days on holiday in Suances, Cantabria, during which he visited Garabandal, accompanied by several young men , probably members of Opus Dei. He spoke cheerfully and profoundly to the girls, an experience they still recall fondly after all these years. The visit was not unusual since at that time, and up until the Official Note of the Bishop of Santander of 7 October 1962, many priests visited Garabandal.

As it happens, news of this visit came out by chance years later when somebody showed the girls a prayer picture for God’s favour through his intercession, printed during his canonization. It was then that the girls joyfully recounted the meeting. He would not have risked his reputation if he did not believe in the apparitions, and tell others about his trip to talk to the girls. This was also confirmed by Mother Nieves.

“Talk to the Three Persons, to God the Father, to God the Son, to God the Holy Spirit. And so as to reach the Blessed Trinity, go through Mary.” (St. Josemaría Escrivá, The Forge, # 543)

“A Saint is a sinner who keeps trying”.

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mario, SammySmiles and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

6. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

I tried to upload a file from YouTube on Garabandal, but was unable. If you would like to see the video, go to Garabandal 2020 Update by Shane O’Doherty. It’s basically a video of the pines and the town.

7. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

Sometimes videos don't share directly from YouTube (I don't know why) but if you click on the Share options and choose 'copy link' and then paste it in, that usually works.

Sam, ESanti, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This was very beautiful. Thank you.

Dave Fagan likes this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I have been in touch with Brain Jackson ,the Producer today, after I receive a copy of the new movie in English in early July (and review the content) I will post it here, and on my facebook page.

10. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

I just watched Garabandal God Only Knows....Glenn she mentions July 2, what was that a reference to?

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The hopeful release of the new documentary in English

Donna259 likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History: June 28,1961 Seeing St. Michael again.

"We were a little sad because we had not seen the Angel. We went as usual to the school. When we got out, the people in the village, seeing us so sad, wept and kissed us, saying:
    - Pray so that he will return!
    When the evening came, we went to the Calleja and did as usual. The people prayed the rosary with more faith than ever so that the Angel would appear to us. And on finishing the litany, he appeared to us and came smiling more than ever. We asked him, why have you come? He smiled and did not answer us. We began to see him around nine and it ended at ten. It seemed to us a minute or less, because we were so happy with him .”

(During the ecstasy, the time seems very short because of the intense happiness they experience. )

(From Conchita's Diary )

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

The following words are taken from two letters written by Conchita to youth groups from France, during their pilgrimage to Garabandal in 1970 a

TOPICS:

Life of Virtue

Fasting

The Eucharist

True happiness

The Rosary

Jesus’s passion

Examination of conscience

Look at Mary

A LIFE OF VIRTUE

"Be models for other young people"

"The Blessed Virgin wants you to help convert the world and, thereby, prevent the wrath of God over our sins.
    She trusts in you; she trusts that your example and self-denial might make you models for other young people that haven’t received the graces that you have in hearing Our Lady’s messages."

FASTING,PRAYER, AND PENANCE

"She asks you to have a spirit of penance, sacrifice and prayer. Without these weapons, we can do nothing."

THE EUCHARIST

Visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently

"In the Blessed Sacrament you will find the strength to take on the life that the Virgin Mary is constantly asking of you. Make frequent visits to the Blessed Sacrament. Empty your hearts of earthly things that don't allow you to listen to God."

TRUE HAPPINESS

It comes from being with God

"The happiness which you have never felt is found only in the surrender to God and the Virgin Mary."

THE ROSARY

"Pray to her with faith and trust."

"Pray for one another, for yourselves, pray to Our Lady. Pray to her with faith and trust. She will give you everything that is good for you."

JESUS' PASSION

Think of His Passion

"Let us all together think more about Jesus' passion, in order to forget about ourselves."

EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE

God speaks to your soul

"You who listen to these words, listen to God who speaks within your soul, follow the voice of your conscience. Pause each day for just a few minutes to think about the bad you’ve done, the good you have failed to do and also the good you have done; ask forgiveness for the bad you've done and for the good that, through negligence, you failed to do and begin your Christian life again."

LOOKING AT THE VIRGIN MARY

Would the Blessed Virgin do it?

"Pray before acting and ask yourself, beforehand, ‘Would the Virgin Mary do this? What would the Blessed Virgin do?’ It’s possible that at this moment, when you are about to do something bad, you change your mind."

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY JUNE 29, 1962
    The first visit of Neurologist Dr. Ricardo Puncernau to the village. As a Scientist, a first class witness, he played a fundamental role in Garabandal. He sought to understand the phenomena unfolding there, from every view point. The Blessed Virgin would reveal to Conchita that the huge amount of work of this physician
    “ would triumph later “ !
    Dr. Ricardo Puncernau was [at the time] the Vice-president of the Spanish Society of Sophrology and Psychosomatic Medicine, and the President of the Spanish Association for Parapsychological Research.
    "I have taken into consideration, pondered, and carefully observed [the events], and have reached the following conclusion: There has never existed nor does there exist any acting cause for what is happening in Garabandal other than the Most Holy Virgin."
    During these times, in a world marked by ecclesiastical, international, social, familiar, and personal confusion, full of injustice and egoism, we have dared to write these lines. These are a series of simple anecdotes related to the famous happenings of Garabandal as seen through the eyes of a Christian doctor.

I am obliged as a Christian to strictly tell the truth, without adornment, at least in the essence of the narration. However, I have given a faithful account not only in the essential components of the narration, but also in its adornment.
    I have not consciously left out the slightest detail of what I remember. They are my personal experiences related to the story of Garabandal. They are things I have never told before, and things that I believe should be said. Next year, 1975, is the Holy Year. What better occasion to exhume events that were seemingly buried forever but, in reality, never were? It is evident that this has been written for those who already know the story of Garabandal. If not, I fear that they will neither understand nor value this testimony.
    Barcelona, December 1974. Dr. Ricardo Puncernau.

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: JULY 1961
    "PRODIGIOUS PHENOMENA"
    During the month of July 1961, a very striking phenomenon proper to Garabandal occurred.
    The visionaries in ecstasy, increased in weight so much that two men could barely succeed in lifting them . . .
    Without any effort, ( THEY COULD LIFT ONE ANOTHER ) the girls managed to do this!
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 62.] liftingatChurch2.jpg

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator