GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Booklady and josephite like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL
    :
    Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “

Saint (Padre) Pio affirms Garabandal to a PH.D in confession.
    Joachim Bouflet,PH.D. went to Padre Pio for confession in July of 1968. Padre Pio told him "Pray to the Madonna. Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel." "Yes, Padre, I pray to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. For that matter, I would like to become a Carmelite." He didn't comment on this but repeated with insistence, "Consecrate yourself to the Virgin of Carmel who appeared at Garabandal."
    Bouflet:"So it's true?"
    Padre Pio : "Certo e vero!" ("Yes, it's true!")

“While he was living, the same Padre Pio guaranteed the authenticity of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. He met Conchita at San Giovanni Rotondo. Even during the last days of his life he talked about this to his brothers in religious life and left a personal message for the principle personage of the apparitions. “
    Fr. Pelletier -“Our Lady comes to Garabandal” page 219

From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly,
    ”How many times must she appear there to be believed ? “

From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : An incident which confirms Padre Pio’s belief in Garabandal occurred early in 1966. Conchita, who was only 16 years old, was visiting Rome with her mother and Fr. Luna. She had been invited by Cardinal Ottaviani, Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith. During the visit, Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.

Upon Padre Pio’s death in 1968 ,his close friend Father Bernardino Cennamo,was instructed to give Conchita several of his personal items. The priest gave Conchita one of the three veils that covered Padre Pio's face during his wake, saying that the stigmatist had requested this before he died. Conchita also was given Padre Pio's rosary, and one of the gloves he wore, stained by his stigmata.

Conchita recounts: “I had the veil in front of me, as I was writing later that evening. When suddenly the whole room became filled with fragrance, the perfume so strong I started to cry.”
    The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain (Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, We must support the seers of Garabandal……
    March 3, 1962 ( Padre Pio wrote the girls a letter, this is the last sentence )
    “ I would advise you to pray and make others pray because the world is on the road to perdition. They don’t believe in you or your conversations with the Lady in White now, but they will believe when it is too late.”

josephite likes this.
  4. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

Thanks Carol.
    I recently finished reading Ed Kelly's book A Walk To Garabandal which I thought was a very engaging account of the events and life in the village from 1969, when he arrived there for the first time, through to 2017, shortly before the book was published. Glad to see that he is involved in the new documentary.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Carol55 likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: MAY 17
    With her permission, I reprint a brief note from Conchita to the present pastor of the village of Garabandal, Padre Rolando, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the apparitions 1961-2011.

AVE MARIA
    May 17, 2011

Dear Father Rolando,

I join with you in the celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the events of Garabandal. It is for me fifty years of contemplating the most beautiful thing in the world. I give thanks to God for having been a part of those experiences, impossible to describe adequately, but which have pressed upon my soul the secure assurance of faith and hope.

I thank you, Father Rolando, for granting me the opportunity to recite the Message of Our Mother in the village yet again.

[ October 18,1961-We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. If we do not, a chastisement will befall us. The cup is already filling up, and if we do not change, a very great chastisement will come upon us.]
    The Angel said:
    As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. You should turn the wrath of God away from yourselves by your efforts. If you ask His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, your mother, through the intercession of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to amend your lives. You are now receiving the last warnings. I love you very much and do not want your condemnation. Pray to us with sincerity and we will grant your requests. You should make more sacrifices. Think about the passion of Jesus.

Father Rolando, there is nothing of greater importance that I can speak about than this Message of Our Mother.
    In Union of Prayer,
    Conchita

Conchita Letter to Father Rolando (2).jpg

Booklady, ESanti and Advocata Nostra like this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Booklady and ESanti like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I had the great honor of meeting His Holiness Pope John Paul II in January 17, 1996 at the Vatican. TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE SAINT ON HIS 100TH BIRTHDAY !
    13100923_1276707245677626_8141940384253866839_n.jpg

I remember a beautiful saying by Pope John Paul II about our Blessed Mother: " The woman who carried the Savior in her womb , who first gazed on him, and stayed with him by the cross, is the person who can bring followers closest to Christ ".

HeavenlyHosts, Carol55 and garabandal like this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SAINT (Pope) John Paul II - on Garabandal
    There is a book on Garabandal, written by Albrecht Weber in 1993, entitled Garabandal Der Zeigefmger Gottes (Garabandal: The Finger of God), of which a first edition copy was presented to Pope John Paul II. He later asked his secretary, Fr. (now Archbishop) Stanislaus Dziwisz, to write to the author. In the subsequent printing (2000) of the book, on page 19, a portion of the Pope's message is reprinted, as follows:"May God reward you for everything. Especially for the deep love with which you are making the events connected with Garabandal more widely known. May the Message of the Mother of God find an entrance into hearts before it is too late. As an expression of joy and gratitude, the Holy Father gives you his apostolic blessing."Weber writes, "From the attached greeting in the Pope's own handwriting, with his signature, it is clear how deep an interest he has in the events of Garabandal, and how anxious he is that they should be made known in a credible way."
    On July 23, 1988, during a special general audience with the Pope at the Vatican ... "special" because it was held on Saturday, rather than the usual Wednesday... Father Robert introduced Garabandal Visionary Mari-Loli and family to him. Father Robert who was holding 7 year old Maria Dolores, one of the three Lafleur children, said to the Pope: "Your Holiness, a special blessing for your littlest children who come on behalf of The Blessed Virgin from Garabandal." Our Holy Father exclaimed "Garabandal!"
    (picture below )
    JPII ML daughter.jpg

Carol55, Fatima, Beth B and 1 other person like this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Even before he was Pope John Paul II, he saw the future: "We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of the American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We ARE NOW facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel and the anti-Gospel. This confrontation lies within the plans of divine providence. It is a trial which the whole Church… must take up." - Cardinal Karol Wojtyla, August 13, 1976 at the Philadelphia Eucharistic Congress.

Booklady, Carol55 and Beth B like this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Another famous scapular wearer
    Karol Wojtyla, as a young factory worker, wearing his brown scapular. Did you recognize the future Pope & Saint ?

When he was Pope, even after being shot, he refused to remove it during his life saving operation !

JP II scap.jpg

11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

UNTANGLED ROSARIES

Another interesting miraculous phenomenon was the returning of rosaries. Now that people started to believe the Blessed Mother was actually appearing at Garabandal, they would bring their rosaries and medals to be kissed by her. They were all piled on a table for the girls to offer up to her. Entangled when presented by the girls to be blessed by the Blessed Mother, rosaries, medals, and multitude of objects would incredibly untangle smoothly when being returned to their owners. Even without any pre-established order, the Garabandal visionaries also never errored in returning each object to its proper owner, and never actually had to look for the owner, Mary led them to the owner while gazing upward. UnTangled rosaries.jpg

13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

indaiatubano likes this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Booklady, Don_D and Beth B like this.
  15. garabandalmiracle

garabandalmiracle New Member

Hi Glenn, do you get any sense from conchita when talking to her that the warning and miracle are soon?

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

READ HER LAST MESSAGE CLOSELY

I asked Conchita if she would be kind enough to offer some words of advice to all of us, in this troubling times. Here is her words. "God is detaching us from the securities of this world. In the silence of the Church or in our house, we are now able to make an examination of conscience so we can clean what prevents us from hearing the Voice of God clearly. With sincerity we can ask God to tell us what He wants of us today, and continue to do that every day. And spend as much time as possible with God at church or somewhere in your home or where you find the silence. He is all we need." 3-19-20

She obviously can't come right out and say it, but to me she is saying, "hey wake up, start getting ready NOW". Me , more frequent confessions,and more pennance ASAP.

Booklady, Don_D and Sam like this.
  17. indaiatubano

indaiatubano Angels

These were good interviews. I found this sentence particularly interesting.

"The Virgin was talking about the end of the times. She also spoke to us about France."

I wonder what she told them about France?

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

If I remember correctly, Tom Fahy (RIP) told me once that when he interviewed Albrecht Weber, he mentioned about after the pope returns from Moscow,there would be trouble involving Northern Spain, Italy & France, from the advance of " Communism ".

19. garabandalmiracle

garabandalmiracle New Member

whats the difference between 'end of the times' and 'the end of time' or is there any?

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"the end of time" , means the end of ALL time ! The "end of THE times" is the end of an era.

2015 POPE FRANCIS DECLARED IT “JUBILEE YEAR OF MERCY.”

THE END OF ONE ERA, BEGINS A NEW ERA, ERA OF MERCY !

THE WARNING & MIRACLE :GOD’S GREATEST ACT OF MERCY !

John T, Don_D, Booklady and 1 other person like this.