GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GARABANDAL CONFERENCE IN TORONTO 11-9-96

WITH JOEY LOMANGINO AND JACINTA MOYNIHAN.

I thought it would be a wonderful treat for those of you who have never heard Joey speak about his life, accident, conversion, meeting Padre Pio, trips to Garabandal, and the Warning and Miracle.

I was blessed to accompany Joey and Marilyn Lomangino to Toronto for this Garabandal conference , organized by Dr. Michael Rozeluk and his wife Helen, who run the Canadian Garabandal site ( ourlady.ca )

At about the 51:25 mark of this home made video, and the end of Joey’s talk, you can see people lined up to meet Jacinta and venerate the crucifix our Blessed Mother kissed. Also another line to meet Joey & Marilyn Lomangino , and venerate the large medal our Blessed Mother kissed.

Here is the You Tube link :

Don_D likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SACRED GROUND
    The Virgin Mary referred to “the Pines“ : "God loves this place very much. This place is sacred."

GARABANDAL- “The Pines - Sacred ground “ .
    We all know about the special area of Garabandal called "The Pines" (the 9 Pine trees where the Blessed Mother appeared, and foretold of the great Miracle that will take place there),but there are some other facts that have been forgotten about over time. Mary called this place "sacred".
    Conchita 's Grandfather Serafin, in his younger years when he was the mayor of the village, had the idea that every child, in commemoration of his or her First Holy Communion would plant a pine tree on the heights above the village as a symbol for his or her life. Of those planted, nine survived and grew into massive trees, at the place to which the Virgin Mary referred ' saying: "God loves this place very much. This place is sacred." Today they are called "los pinos" and we await the great Miracle announced by the visionary children. Mary said "It will be the greatest miracle that my Son, Jesus, will have ever performed for mankind. It will also be the last one before the end”.
    Recently I have confirmed that Garabandal has a history of doing a nightly Rosary for over 500 years ! It’s no wonder why “God loves this place very much,this place is sacred !”

I have a funny little story about when Joey Lomangino bought his house in NY. When he and his wife went to buy a house, his wife Marilynn was describing the outside of the house to Joey. The person showing them the house mentioned the “Pine trees “ that lined one side of the house.
    They asked,"how many pine trees are there ?

The person said " 9 " !

Joey said : " We'll take the house ! "

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MARCH 25, 1962:
    AN OUTSTANDING "FEAST OF THE
    ANNUNCIATION" AT GARABANDAL
    A sheer wonder as well was this Feast of the "Annunciation" (or "Incarnacion del Senor," as it is still called, and rightly so, in Spain) in the little village of San Sebastian de Garabandal.
    From 9:30 p.m. until midnight, Conchita, Mari-Loli and Jacinta, in ecstasy, sang the entire Rosary for the first time! They added several verses, that the Blessed Virgin inspired them to sing, to the traditional announcements of the different mysteries, including several short stanzas from the Ave Maria of Fatima. Always in ecstasy, the girls invited the people to join them in their singing. They rejoiced over the number of people accompanying them, and exclaimed:
    "Ah, how happy the Blessed Virgin is! How she is smiling, and how she is looking at all of us!"
    The stanzas 3, 4, 5 and 6 were taken, as we said, from the Ave Maria of Fatima.
    The "three times" to which the children refer in the seventh stanza were obviously corresponding to the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Lourdes, at Fatima and at Garabandal. By virtue of the traits and accent proper to each of these "Three greatest public Marian apparitions," we can already observe how Lourdes is related to the Joyful Mysteries, Fatima to the Sorrowful Mysteries, and Garabandal to the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary. A truly admirable "spiritual logic"!
    Translation of a few stanzas sung by the visionaries in ecstasy:
    O MOST BLESSED MARY,
    FLOWERS, WE BRING YOU,
    THE HOLY ROSARY,
    TO YOU WE OFFER.
    (AVE MARIA, AVE MARIA, ETC . . .)
    O BLESSED MARY,
    YOUR EYES ARE NOW FIXED . . .
    ON EACH AND EVERY HEART
    OF THIS HUMAN WORLD.
    THE FASHIONS BEAR US
    TO THE FIRES OF HELL.
    SO, MODESTY DRESS
    IF YOU WISH TO BE SAVED.
    YOU MUST DO PENANCE,
    AND YOU MUST ALSO PRAY,
    FOR ALL SINNERS
    PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS.
    ON THE THIRTEENTH OF MAY
    THE VIRGIN MARY
    CAME DOWN FROM THE HEAVENS
    TO THE COVA DA IRIA.
    MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN
    NOW YOU KNOW OUR MESSAGES;
    THE VIRGIN MARY WANTS THEM ALL DONE
    FOR THE GOOD OF ALL HOMES.
    THE VIRGIN HAS WARNED US:
    WITH THIS TIME, IT MAKES THREE.
    OH, SWEET VIRGIN MARY,
    WHAT GRIEF DEATH GIVES US!
    MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN,
    RECITE THE ROSARY,
    SO IN THE OTHER WORLD,
    YOU MAY FIND REST.
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, page 128]

Sam likes this.
  5. Elisa

Elisa Powers

That's what I did, but I do not see a video link on your facebook page. I must be blind. Could you be more precise ? Thank you.

6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Try this link :

Don_D, Carol55 and Elisa like this.
  7. Elisa

Elisa Powers

Thanks. It works.

Glenn likes this.
  8. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Great post, Glenn. I pray that you and your family are being wise and staying healthy! Thank you always for all that you do to keep us informed. :love:

Glenn likes this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Don_D likes this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Garabandal and the Holy Shroud
    Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady:
    "It is the divine imprint of my Son."

*It is not a coincidence that the blood on the Shroud is the same type AB found on the scientific examination of the first Eucharist miracle in Lanciano, Italy in the 8th century.
    Shroud1.jpg

Don_D, AED and Beth B like this.
  11. fui

fui New Member

12. fui

fui New Member

The blood found on the Oviedo canvas(Sudarium) was type AB, identical to that found on the Shroud.
    We know for sure that Sudarium has been in Spain since the 7th century, this fact contradicts the results of dating tests with the carbon 14 method.

Transcription of the previous video:
    According to the Christian Bible, two canvases were found in the tomb, the shroud and Another sheet, it was believed that the second had covered the face of Jesus just after he was taken down from the Cross, Simon Peter saw the sheet on the ground and also the shroud with which his face had been covered, was not on the ground with the rest of the sheets, but folded in a separate place. This canvas, which is called Sudarium, can be found today in Oviedo, a city located in the north of Spain.
    Jorge Rodríguez is a member of the “Spanish Study Center of the Holy Shroud” and Mark Guscin has recently written a book about the Sudarium and its relationship with the Holy Shroud, the Sudarium is covered in blood but there is no image in it as it happens in the Shroud, it is believed that the canvas was removed from the face before wrap the Body in the sheet.
    It is actually a rag.
    The canvas flees from danger, always went ahead of the invaders, escaped them, always went further north, to safer places and remained there, and this city (Oviedo) was the safest place in all of Spain during the invasion Muslim.
    Outside Jerusalem his journey began in 614 to escape the Persian army, which did not cease in its advance. He reached Alexandria first, but moved repeatedly westward along the African coast, until he finally reached Toledo, in Christian Spain. When in 711, Muslims invaded the peninsula Iberian, the Sudarium was rushed north to the mountains and once there they hid it in a cave.
    With the help of a replica, the researchers show how the sheet was placed around the face, so that it absorbed blood and other fluids, in accordance with Hebrew custom, always respecting the precept of covering the face of a victim of violence, and to keep it covered so that the blood does not separate from the body.

He assumes that he has been caught like that.

These spots are especially interesting, because they coincide exactly with those found in the part of the Shroud that reproduces the back of the Body in the back. They are the stains of the blood that flowed from the wounds produced by the crown of thorns and that remained in the hair, and here they are exactly the same.

Dr. Alan Whanger has recently carried out an analysis with the help of a home video that reveals the remarkable similarities between the Sudarium and the Shroud.
    Minute 2:44
    It is the face of the Shroud superimposed on that of the Sudarium.
    Of the bloodstains this is the one that appears most marked and one of the easiest to locate, is this one here.
    If we go down to the nose area, we see that there are coincidences down here and if we move towards the hair area, here, we also see that the blood spots coincide
    The blood found on the Oviedo canvas was type AB, identical to that found on the Shroud.
    We know for sure that Sudarium has been in Spain since the 7th century, this fact contradicts the results of dating tests with the carbon 14 method that established its origin 600 years ago.
    The book of wills found here in the Cathedral, goes back to the origins of the Sudarium to even older times and we believe that it really dates from the 1st century and that it was one of the shrouds that were used to cover the Body of Christ in the grave or just before entering it.

Don_D and AED like this.
  13. fui

fui New Member

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

March 27, 2016 Mother Angelica dies at 92.
    Mother Angelica (Rita Antoinette Rizzo) who started EWTN passed away on this day. She was instrumental in helping making the messages of Garabandal better known in America after she had Joey Lomangino on her “ LIVE” tv program several times, and promoted the video. She promised to cover the great “ Miracle” with a live tv crew, so the world could view the Miracle event
    . EWTN APR-JUN 1996.jpg

Don_D likes this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I ASSEMBLED A COLLECTION OF LITTLE MIRACULOUS STORIES THAT WERE BARLEY NOTICED AMONG THE BIGGER DAILY MIRACLES AT GARABANDAL DURING THE APPARITIONS.

WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE ?
    HAIR DRY IN RAIN June 1961 ,by Placido Ruiloba
    “As the ecstasy was prolonged and the pathways became more difficult to traverse, my arm got tired from holding the umbrella and I closed it even though the rain continued without letup. I accompanied the girl for twenty minutes and was soaked through and through; my feet were swimming in my shoes. At the end of twenty minutes, we passed before a house lit by a small electric light bulb which enabled me to see to my amazement that the shoulders and head of the girl were completely dry. To make sure I passed my wet hand three times through her hair and dried it as if I were using a towel. All this I affirm, and would swear to it with my hand on the holy Gospels. “
    UNTANGLED ROSARIES
    Another interesting miraculous phenomenon was the returning of rosaries. Now that people started to believe the Blessed Mother was actually appearing at Garabandal, they would bring their rosaries and medals to be kissed by her. They were all piled on a table for the girls to offer up to her. Entangled when presented by the girls to be blessed by the Blessed Mother, rosaries, medals, and multitude of objects would incredibly untangle smoothly when being returned to their owners. Even without any pre-established order, the Garabandal visionaries also never erred in returning each object to its proper owner.
    The events of January 1, 1962.
    Dr. Ortiz tells us the following story:
    “I was in the village with Miss Margarita Huerta who had come from Madrid with a group of people. Three of the girls fell into ecstasy and were walking together through the street just above the plaza, going towards the Church. One of the men from the group, who was following at a distance, suddenly thought, ‘If this is from God, let the middle girl come to me now and offer me the crucifix to kiss.’
    Immediately, the girl fell back from the other girls and held up the crucifix for him to kiss! He was very excited and later told us the story”.
    A Dominican in Disguise
    Conchita’s mother Aniceta tells us the story:
    A young man arrived here with a young woman, a couple. He was dressed like any normal young man, and I assumed that they were just a young dating couple. It was raining a lot and the place was full of people. Conchita, in ecstasy, came into the house. My sister was amidst the crowd and the young man approached her and said, “Give this cross to the girl.” My sister responded, “Why should I try to give it to her? She’s not going to take it. When she’s in ecstasy, she never receives anything.” “Well, give it to her mother then, so that her mother can give it to her.” My sister came up to me and said, “Here, that man said for you to give this to Conchita.” I responded, “Why am I going to give it to her? She never takes anything.”
    Then, I had an idea. What he wanted me to give to Conchita was a cross on a string, and so I thought of hanging it on her fingers, since she had her hands folded. Although Conchita spoke softly, I was close by and heard her insist to her vision, “I didn’t bring anything. I really didn’t bring anything.” She continued, “Well, if I have something, take it.”
    At that moment, Conchita took a step forward, lowered her hands and, in doing so, the cross fell on the ground. She took another step and stepped on the cross, “Ah! I’m stepping on it?”
    She bent down and picked up the cross, still in ecstasy, and held it up to her apparition to kiss. Then she turned around, facing the young man, made the sign of the cross over him and held it up for him to kiss. Turning back to the vision, she held it up again to be kissed and said, “Having such a beautiful habit as the Dominican habit, what a pity that he came dressed like that!”.
    Then, turning back to the man, she took his glasses off and put them in his hands. The man was afraid and I said to him, “Don't worry, she won’t break them.”
    She made the sign of the cross over him, held up his cross to be kissed again, and then put it around his neck. However, she put it on him backwards, the image was turned inwards. “Oh! I put it on him backwards?” She took it off, turned it around and put it back around his neck.
    Then she opened his hands, took his glasses and put them back on his face. Then she repeated, “What a shame that they come dressed like that!”
    He was a Dominican priest in disguise, wearing normal clothing, and accompanied by a young lady, who appeared to be his girlfriend, but who turned out to be his sister“.

CRUCIFIX RISES BY ITSELF FROM BEING DROPPED THE MUD !
    June 1961. With her eyes fixed straight above, Conchita stooped slightly and reached down about 50 centimeters (20 inches) from the ground. Then before the attentive and stupefied eyes of all of us who witnessed it, the crucifix came out of the mud by itself to the level of the girl's hand. She immediately grabbed it with both hands while remaining in ecstasy.
    Witness: Don Placido Ruiloba

Conchita and the Glass of Milk
    One day Conchita was eating near the elevated kitchen fireplace on a small stool where she usually sat. Suddenly Loli came inside in ecstasy and said to her: — “Conchita, the Virgin says you should finish quickly, since she is going to come to see you.” Conchita sped up her motions a little, and then as she lifted her glass of milk, to everyone’s surprise, she fell into ecstasy, the glass of milk in her hand. She came down slowly from the fireplace, and at the doorway of the house, she started running swiftly toward the church. She stopped abruptly in front of the portico. There they were able to take the celebrated glass of milk from her hand. To everyone’s surprise, not a drop had been lost. (Just another little example of the daily signs of proof )

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Falling on the ground: 6-11-67
    Mother Nieves: " Why did you fall on the ground ? "
    Conchita: " We were not aware of that, we were with the Virgin ! And we followed the conversation or communication with her, without knowing if we were running or not, if we were on our knees or lying on the ground."
    "Foot Race", A story from Serafin Gonzalez ( Conchita's Brother )
    “On one occasion, a boy who was a good athlete arrived and said: ‘No one can beat me in a race. No girl can beat me.’ One of the girls had an ecstasy and set off running, and this boy ran after her. It was clear that the Blessed Virgin wasn’t trying to outrun him in the race, but at this point the girl was running at such a speed right toward the wall of a house that the boy thought: ‘If this is not from God, this girl will kill herself running into that wall.’ The boy had to stop to give him time to slow down, but the girl continued running without stopping until she reached the wall, and then she stopped in an instant. She said to the Blessed Virgin: ‘Oh, it is so he will believe…!’ The boy heard this and believed, since it was not humanly possible to stop in an instant at that speed.”
    Light bulb story
    The Chief of the Civil Guard, Juan Alvarez Seco, who lived nearby, remembers this case.
    “One day María Dolores ( Mari Loli ) was on the second floor of her house where she had apparitions many times. Her father Ceferino had said that, when they came down from there to the floor below where the tavern was, they would unscrew the light bulb since there was no switch to turn it off. Loli, while putting her hand on the bulb this time, fell into ecstasy, and she didn't take away her hand. We all feared that if she continued like this, holding onto the lit light bulb, she would burn her hand. Her mother said, “Heavens, take away the light bulb!”
    However all our efforts were useless. Then we called Mari Cruz who wasn't in ecstasy, and she—with the greatest of ease—made Loli let go of the bulb. Her hand was not burned. Then the girl went down the stairs and continued her ecstatic march “.
    WEDDING RINGS
    The girls would have their fingers full of wedding rings, and while in ecstasy they'd raise up their hands and ask the Virgin to kiss them. After this they would return the rings to their owners without making any mistakes and without seeing who they were giving them to as their heads were always tilted backwards and their eyes fixed on the apparition above them.
    Garabandal and the Holy Shroud
    Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady:
    "It is the divine imprint of my Son."

IN TIME , MARY REVEALS ALL.

I have a rarely heard story of Our Lady kissing a woman's powdercase. We know most of the stories are about kissed religious objects. The reason I post this ( besides being a rarely heard story ) is that it reminds me of we don't always understand everything that happened at Garabandal , until later on. I think this story proves my point. Never question our Blessed Mother's intentions, even if we don’t understand it right away.

One day Conchita was in the kitchen of her house surrounded by persons who were waiting for the moment of the apparition. On the simple table that served for the family meals, the objects that she was going to give to be kissed were being gathered. Together with these, someone had put there a stylish woman's powder case. The child and those present wanted this removed. How could the Virgin come to kiss an object so profane and used only for the service of vanity? Nevertheless, the powder case remained there.
    The ecstasy began and those present saw with astonishment that the visionary's hand, without her looking at it, before going to any other object, went first of all toward the previously discussed powder case. The child raised it toward the invisible Virgin and then set it down with great respect on the table. Among those present, surprise must have been mingled with doubt. Was it really the Virgin who was appearing? It didn't seem that she would kiss such an object . . .
    As soon as the ecstasy was finished, Conchita was asked for an explanation. And she declared that the Virgin had asked immediately for the powder case in order to kiss it, saying that it was something «belonging to her Son».The girl did not know anything more. But the person who had put the powder case there did know more and revealed the secret. During the terrible Spanish civil war (1936-1939) in the Red Zone when priests were being executed and had to be hidden, the powder case had been used to bring Communion Hosts to various locations and especially to prisoners whom the Reds held captive in order to execute. Thus it had served as a Pyx.

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MIRACLE DAY DETAILS
    1.Conchita is the only one who knows the date. (other than the pope).
    2.Conchita will reveal it 8 days in advance. (I will announce it here ).
    3.It will be on a Thursday evening, between the 8th -16th, at 8:30pm ( Spanish time ).
    4. It will happen between the Months of March, April and May.
    (My research says it will be in April. )
    5. It will be on the Feast Day of a young male Martyr of the Eucharist.
    6. The Martyr will not be Spanish.
    7. It will coincide with a great event in the Church, but will not be a feast day of our Lord or a Marian feast day.
    8. It will be visible to all in the Village of Garabandal, and the surrounding mountains. The sick who are present will be cured and the incredulous will believe. It will be the greatest miracle that Jesus will have performed for the world. There won't be the slightest doubt that it comes from God .
    9. It will be able to be filmed and televised.
    10. It will last for about 15 minutes, and after that a permanent sign will remain at the Pines forever !

THE MIRACLE VIDEO
    A short 52 second video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8dbn4FUic

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020 at 4:17 PM
    AED likes this.