GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

3. cornhusker

cornhusker Angels

Glenn, thank you for your faithfulness in disseminating the Garabandal message. I continue to discern the apparitions and I find your work here very helpful. God bless

Billy Hill and Glenn like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

If I can answer any specific questions or area's of doubt, please feel free to ask me anything.

5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GARABANDAL & FATIMA

I feel ,as many do, that Garabandal is the continuation of Fatima. At Garabandal, Saint Michael first appeared to the visionaries in the evening (8:30 P.M.) of June 18, 1961, exactly 40 years to the day (and even the same time of day) from the last vision at Fatima.

In the sixth apparition at Fatima on October 13, 1917, during the tableaux of visions during the Miracle of the Sun, Our Lady appeared as Our Lady of Mount Carmel with the scapular on her wrist. On July 2, 1961, the Virgin appeared at Garabandal as Our Lady of Mount Carmel with a large brown scapular draped over her right arm.

When Our Lady appeared at Fatima in 1917 she did something she had not done before: she addressed messages specifically to the entire world. While she appeared again after Fatima at Beauraing (1932-33) and Banneux (1933), she did not speak to the world at either of those places. But at Garabandal we again find this universal appeal. Although Fatima and Garabandal are separate events there is continuity in the revelations and similarities in features of the events not found among the other visits of Our Lady during the Marian Age. It is interesting to note that the 3rd secret was supposed to be released after 1960,and when it was not, Mary appeared at Garabandal in 1961.

See how the world did not heed Mary's Fatima warnings, so she stated them more profoundly at Garabandal.

Billy Hill likes this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Being " Father's Day" here in America, it reminded me of a quote in Garabandal about Jesus's earthly father,
    St. Joseph. In response to Don Valentin Marichalar's questions, the visionaries learned from the Blessed Virgin that St. Joseph is "the greatest of all the Saints “
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 100] . HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !

Billy Hill and Carol55 like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

JUNE 18TH IN GARABANDAL HISTORY

JUNE 18, 1961 -The appearance of St. Michael to the 4 girls.

While the girls were biting some apples, of their innocent petty theft (taken from a teacher’s apple tree ) , a thunderclap of lightning flashed and zigzagged across the sky. At 8:30 pm , frightened the children began to be sorry for their mischief, when suddenly an Angel appeared. Conchita was the first to see him,hardly a minute before the others all cried out at the same time “ Aye The Angel ! “

Then falling into ecstasy, they contemplated him in silence. The Angel appeared to the children, wearing a blue tunic, with dark eyes and hair, a mat complexion, and "wings that looked as if they were made of fire," according to Conchita. "A very beautiful person, surrounded by a very strong light that did not hurt the eyes," the visionary again pointed out. According to Jacinta, "the Angel appeared to be nine years old, but 'very strong.' He looked like a young boy, but before him we felt great respect." We are almost certain now that the angel who appeared at Fatima was also St Michael. At Garabandal, we are sure of that, since on the following 2nd of July the girls learned his identity from Our Lady herself. [Excerpts from 'Garabandal' Book, page 28.]

JUNE 18,1962 -On the First Anniversary of his appearance, St. Michael appears to the girls in the same spot.

JUNE 18, 1965 - on the 4th Anniversary of his first visit, St. Michael delivers the Blessed Mother’s second and most important message.

“ As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. You should turn the wrath of God away from yourselves by your efforts. If you ask His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, your mother, through the intercession of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to amend your lives. You are now receiving the last warnings. I love you very much and do not want your condemnation. Pray to us with sincerity and we will grant your requests. You should make more sacrifices. Think about the passion of Jesus.

JUNE 18, 2014 - Today also marks the 5th Anniversary of Joey Lomangino's passing.

I could write pages of what an enormous blessing it was to meet Joey ,first as a boy ,then 20 years later, and start working with him, becoming friends with him, getting to know his beautiful family, and all the spiritual lessons he taught, always with a smile and laughter. I treasured all 20 + years I knew him, and what makes me smile everyday is how this page has grown, knowing he is watching, and knows his life's work continues everyday here, with his blessing, since 2009.

I once asked Joey, “ what was your greatest blessing in life ? “

( thinking to myself well maybe it’s meeting Padre Pio, Conchita, the messages of Garabandal, his family ).

He said “ my blindness “. Alittle dumbfounded I said “ why ? “ He said “Because if I had never been blinded , I never would have probably been saved” . He taught me one lesson after another. He sees through “spiritual eyes”, Your soul and its final destination , that should be our focus and aim in life. Thank you and God bless you Joey !

Carol55 likes this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

JUNE 19TH IN GARABANDAL HISTORY

JUNE 19, 1961

The next day the young girls went back to at the same time,and the same spot to wait for the angel. They recited the rosary at the calleja, but he did not show up. At 10:00pm, while the girls were beginning their evening prayers, each one heard in HER OWN ROOM, A VOICE SAYING “ YOU WILL SEE ME AGAIN “.

JUNE 19,1962 - The girls are given a vision the future possible “ Chastisement “. This was the first of two nights they witnessed this terror, which later became known as the “night of screams”.

JUNE 19,1965 - The second message of the Blessed Mother (from the night before ) is translated into Spanish, French, Italian and English and read aloud by a priest on Conchita’s front doorstep.

JUNE 19,1965

At 2:00 pm, after returning home, Conchita transmitted the message received on the previous day, writing 3 copies. Fr. Marcelino Andreu read the message in English.

June 20,1961- No apparition, but after reciting the rosary, the four girls experience a bright light . “ We saw a dazzling light which prevented us from seeing each other. We were completely dazzled by this light, and we started to scream for we were terrified. Then the shining light disappeared. “

Billy Hill likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY June 20,1962

June 20,1962 - This is the second night in a row that the girls experience the foreshadowing of the future possible “ Chastisement”. They all raise their hands as to push away the vision. The terror is so great, they are heard to say “ Oh please let the children die before this happens”. This event so terrifies the entire village, that the entire village goes to confession and communion the next day !

Night of the Screams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCdY8LARs8

13. Mario

Mario Powers

jdavid,

Thank you so much! God bless you and your loved ones!

Safe Under Mary's Mantle!

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21, 1961: VISION OF A MOST ASTONISHING "CUADRO LUMINOSO"

On that day, the children had a very mysterious vision. "It is something like a red light or fire, that forms a frame inside of which there is a triangle, an eye and a notice. Letters also are written, unknown, in an Eastern or Arabic style, as it were. . ." (Cuarderno major of the Fathers Luis and Ramon Maria Andreu, S.J., pp. 12 and 13).
    "Yahweh," the Name of God par excellence, such is certainly the translation of the inscription that was incomprehensible to the girls and which they saw inside the triangle. We are now before the third visible manifestation of the Glory of God: the revelation of His Name. This vision was unique in the history of the great Marian apparitions, even in the history of Christian spirituality and hagiography. Characteristic of a non-anthropomorphic theophany, it refers us back to the event of the Burning Bush, to the revelation of the Judeo-Christian God, One and Triune.
    "Blessed are the pure in heart: they shall see God" (Matt 5:8) . . . How, on this 21st of June, not point out also the connection between the children and the liturgical Feast of the Patron Saint of youth celebrated on that day: St Aloysius Gonzaga, honored precisely for his total purity of heart? (cf Mt 5:8)?
    After the frame of fire disappeared, the Angel came.
    [Excerpt from 'Garabandal' Book, page 31.]

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY

JUNE 22, 1961

At approximately 8:30pm in the “calleja”, in the presence of Fr. Valentin Marichalar, who is the Pastor of Cosio (a neighboring town to Garabandal) , the four girls fall into ecstasy and see the angel again. The first medical tests determine that the children while in trance are insensitive to pain ! The “Commission “ doctors ,in trying to discredit the girls claim of being in the presence of our Lady (while in ecstasy ) , put the girls through a number of seemly torturous tests,yet they were unharmed . For example , when pinching and poking the girls got no reaction, they resorted to sticking them with pins and needles, trying to see if a lighted match would burn them, throwing sand in their eyes ,to try and make them blink or react. Flashing camera bulbs in their eyes to try and make them blink, or trying to pick them up and drop them on their knees, but 2 men couldn’t pick them up. These events only convinced the onlookers and the Doctors, of the apparitions authenticity !

BELOW:MARI LOLI KNEELING ON ROCKS !
    Loli on rocks.jpg

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THIS DAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY
    JUNE 22, 1962

St. Michael announces to Conchita the miracle of the Visible Communion. (later to become known as the “ Little Miracle “, when it will appear on her tongue out of thin air. )
    The date will be announced 15 days in advance. Conchita considers this a small miracle.

17. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY June 23 ,1962

A LETTER FROM MARI LOLI & JACINTA

"The Virgin has told us that the world continues the same, that it has not changed at all, that few will see God. There are so few that it causes the Virgin much sorrow that it does not change. The Virgin has told us that the chastisement is coming; [as] the world is not changing, the cup is filling up. How sad the Virgin was! Although she did not let us see it, because the Virgin loves us [so much] and she suffers alone, since she is so good. Be good, everyone so that the Virgin will be happy. She has told us that we who are good should pray for those who are bad; we should pray to God for the world, for those who do not know Him. Be good, [be] very good."

Maria Dolores Mazon, 13 years
    Jacinta Gonzalez, 13 years

LOLI-JACINTA night tears.jpg

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY JUNE 24,1961
    In the afternoon, St. Michael appears to the children in the “calleja”. At his feet is an inscription on a plaque made up of letters and some Roman numerals, … ” XVIII- MCMLXI“. The Visionaries do not understand the meaning of the inscription ( it is the date the FIRST MESSAGE from Mary was to be made known, October 18,1961 ).

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MASS FOR PRAYER REQUESTS IN GARABANDAL

Every last Thursday of the month, the Pastor of Garabandal offers a Mass for prayer requests. You have a few days to send your request by Wednesday, so it arrives on time.

Requests sent using this form in Spanish ( below ) are received in the email address of the Parish.

Then printed and delivered every Thursday the Pastor, to be deposited in an urn at the foot of the altar , through the intercession of Our Lady of Carmel, before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Chapel of San Sebastian de Garabandal.

I have downloaded the English explanation, but you might want to use " Google Translate" or something like that to send your prayers in Spanish so they can read it.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE PRAYER REQUESTS HERE .

http://www.garabandalparroquia.com/en-union-de-oraciones

Carol55 likes this.
  20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY

JUNE 25,1961

The crowds become larger and larger. At least 5 priest and many known medical doctors are present. Doctors from the local area are making various experiments to test the sensibility of the children during the ecstasies. For the first time the witnesses become aware of the extraordinary change in weight which the visionaries are undergoing. After the ecstasy, the young girls notice, especially on their legs, slight traces pinching, pricking, fingernail marks, and lumps due to the experiments made while they were in ecstasy. They claim that they did not feel anything. The children are taken to the church sacristy where they are questioned in the presence of priests and doctors. Their legs are examined.

“ The Village Speaks” - pg. 16

dr.ortize020.jpg