I have always felt that God does not give us more than we can handle... This is definitely twisting of the truth!
And for those who doubt the unanimity of this teaching or somehow think one man may arbitrarily change it... View attachment 6135
Is that the best you can come up with Padraig? Seriously though, in the future if anyone on the forum wants to know if the Church has spoken definitively on this issue we should just link them to this page. No more need to argue with those who disagree.
The devil thinks he has played his last card and won the game. But do not despair; just at the last moment when the devil believes he has won the game is when the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart will take place. This time is at hand . Stand erect , hold your heads high! For the Hour of the Triumph is at Hand!!
I totally agree this is nuts. Cardinal Cocco is totally in error by giving a out for those that just can't not sin. There is no room for this option. Everyone sins but what we do to cleans our souls is always required or communion adds further sin. But saying no doubt it is supported by the Vatican is speculative and assumtive. More like those agaist the pope want it to be supported by him. Proof or stick to the facts.
Qui tacet consentit. You don't seem to be paying attention (Malta bishops support, Argentine bishop support, #icouldgoonandon) And why on earth would any of us want this thought process to be supported by Pope Francis? Maybe you can shed some light as to why you personally doubt that Pope Francis agrees on this?
With due respect, after the declarations of the Maltese and German bishops without any rebuke from the Pope and his direct response to the Argentinian bishops that their interpretation (that those in irregular and sexually active relationships may under some circumstances receive Holy Communion) is correct, we don't need to provide proof that he supports the view of Cardinal Coccopalmiero on AL nor wonder what the Pope thinks. The ability to indulge in the pretence that we don't know what he thinks has long ceased to be an option. Further, the retention of the services of those Cardinals promoting this 'interpretation' of AL and the refusal to respond to the Dubia by those who don't leaves the situation 'beyond reasonable doubt'. I find it hard to believe that anyone can still feign ignorance of his views.
What message does this send to homosexuals? That if avoiding sexual behaviour is too difficult, then don't worry about it? If it's overlooked for heterosexuals, why not homosexuals....I mean, sin is sin.... Does PF discriminate? How can they justify it for one and not the other on the basis that it may too hard for an individual to avoid? They won't be able to. Is it possible that this was its intention all along? A back handed way to make it legit? Looking as though they are being compassionate to millions of heterosexuals in irregular Marriages, while finding a way to open the door for EVERYONE? No sin...No shame....
Its a stalking horse, it has been from day one! Bishops revolt against Synod manipulation: Only 3 in 10 support Kasper proposal, says Cardinal Pell Cardinal George Pell, a leading voice for orthodoxy in the ongoing Synod of Bishops on the family in Rome, has said that small group of “radicals” has failed in their attempt to push the Synod to accept homosexuality, cohabitation, and other changes of Catholic moral teaching. ... Cardinal Pell said the issue of giving Communion to divorced and remarried couples is supported by “very few, certainly not the majority of the synod fathers.” But he added that “it’s only at the tip of the iceberg. It’s a stalking horse. They want wider changes: recognition of civil unions, recognition of homosexual unions.”
. Yes, this is the basis to allow it. You can't use this logic to allow one group access to the sacraments and then deny it to others. This might have been the end game all along. It's easier to gain acceptance by the masses via the millions of heterosexuals in irregular unions. Once this is allowed, the flood gates are wide open. Wait and see.
Cardinal Pell said the issue of giving Communion to divorced and remarried couples is supported by “very few, certainly not the majority of the synod fathers.” But he added that “it’s only at the tip of the iceberg. It’s a stalking horse. They want wider changes: recognition of civil unions, recognition of homosexual unions.” When the Anglican 'Archbishop of Canterbury' met the Pope, his parting words to the Pope were (according to the 'archbishop' himself): "Are you going to do something to help the 'gays?'" , the Pope responded with a smile and said: 'Of course'! I dread to think what he has in mind. The Church of England synod just this week rejected a report from its own bishops re. 'gay marriage' in which the bishops re-affirmed that marriage can only be between one man and one woman. So it looks as though they will be marrying men to each other and women to each other some time fairly soon. This will not, of course, cause the Commission studying 'visible unity' to cease its work. The Chairman of this body (my own Archbishop) recently stated that he sees intercommunion with these heretics as the next step in the 'search for unity'. Presumably he is expecting Catholics to receive mere bread and wine from openly homosexual men and women and pretending that it is the Eucharist!
Martin Luther is Not A Witness to the Gospel Bishop Schneider on Vatican Document ....http://www.cfnews.org/page88/files/6f6fd5d3ab04ecafb472e3c09b8ea550-664.html
I personally, have a hard time understanding why someone would have a problem following rules. God has given this framework to us for a happy life. If we follow them we actually have MORE freedom than less. I know many say that the rules are too hard to follow or "impossible" for us sinners to follow. I think that is simple rubbish. I was born into a Catholic family. I went to Catholic grade and high school. My college was a secular university. I fell away from the Church. I married a nominally Jewish man and we divorced 2 years later. Neither of us were involved in a faith. I was just floating along with the culture. I believed in God and that Jesus was my savior but I didn't live my Catholic Christian faith. I did that for 15 years. During those 15 years I remarried. When I came back, I sought a really holy confessor and had a wonderful confession. My husband and I already decided that we wanted to go back to our faith and raise our family in the Church. We had already decided to go for the annulment process. We understood that it was a process. We understood that we would need to live like brother and sister until the process was over. We never thought about it being hard or impossible we just asked what we needed to do and did it. We went to our parish pastor and started the process. Since we were both Catholic and we both married outside the Church and had no dispensation, we had the "easy form" so to speak. We were unaware that we needed to marry in the Catholic Church or get a dispensation (poor catechesis) so we lucked out really. Gathering all the documents took longer than we thought. Both of us had moved around a lot and not every record was with the Baptismal parish. We both had to search and write many letters and emails. My husband was an Air Force brat so it was hard to track his stuff down especially. It took almost 2 years to get everything found and sorted so we could send in our paperwork to the tribunal. Two weeks after the paperwork was sent in we received our decrees of nullity for our former marriages. Several weeks after that we had our marriage convalidated. Was it hard???? Yes. Was it impossible??? NO! We both knew the rules. We both wanted to right a wrong and do it in a way Our Lord would be pleased. My husbands soul and my soul are important. I wanted to make it right. Sometimes poor decisions are hard to fix. Living within the rules may be hard but it is not impossible. It is not impossible to go without sex. People do it for a variety of reasons. Even those challenged with sexual sins have natural times of abstinence. I don't get the bending of the rules because it is hard. I also understand that there are difficult situations for some people. But I bet they are rare and most people just don't want it to be hard. Suffering, even minor, is not something we relish in Western society. I see this spiraling out of control. I hope I am wrong and it will right itself. I pray daily for our Pope and the clergy but I have a sick feeling often when reading what is going on in our church.
Thank you for sharing your inspiring story Tanker. You are right of course, God will never ask anything more of us than He will give us the grace to handle. To say otherwise is to doubt His Mercy. Today there is a sickening twisting of the idea of mercy. Mercy does not mean God will make everything easy for us. The Cross was not easy. Mercy means if you turn back to God with a contrite heart and confess your sins promising to do your best not to commit them in the future you will be forgiven. Even if you come back a thousand times. Look at the lives of the Saints. Often the closer they got to God the more they suffered. If the suffering was lacking they often inflicted penances on themselves. Our goal should actually be to seek suffering. Suffering is one of the great mysteries of the Church. We must suffer and unite our suffering with the suffering of the Cross. If we honestly think asking people not to commit serial adultery is too hard then we are totally lost. If you do not want to pick it up your cross, you are walking away from Our Lord not toward Him.