Forum slow

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by "Quis ut Deus", Jul 20, 2016.

  1. padraig

    padraig Powers

    I think some people use the face book page, John
     
  2. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    ************Update***********

    I have monitored the forum over the last 24 hours and identified the slowness and down time was due to our web host and the internet in general, we also seemed to be getting a lot of page hits from a particular ip which suggests spamming,, I have attached the report which tells how quickly the forum pages responded by location,, you might be surprised how many places in the world actually look at us :);) p.s the list is a short version ;)


    Average Performance by Location
    Performance/Response Average by Locations in Seconds
    MN, USA 4.6658
    NY, USA 12.5523
    London, UK 6.2063
    CA, USA 5.0407
    FL, USA 13.38
    Montreal, Canada 7.2293
    Frankfurt, Germany 25.6853
    CO, USA 6.575
    TX, USA 10.4923
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 8.226
    Tel-Aviv, Israel 10.3363
    VA, USA 20.173
    Amazon-US-East 5.8087
    Paris, France 8.4917
    Mumbai, India 28.8253
    Copenhagen, Denmark 18.217
    Warsaw, Poland 19.9053
    WA, USA 8.0803
    Overall 12.2162

    The response times are not great but ok considering the down time from our host, what my be required is to use a different hosting provider if things don't improve..

    Thanks for you patience
    John..
     
    Booklady, BrianK and bflocatholic like this.
  3. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    Thanks for all the work you do on the forum John! Did something happen to the winter style format? It is what I always use, but it was gone when I logged in so my page looked completely different.
     
    sterph likes this.
  4. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Your welcome Cathy yes I had to remove winter,autumn and mist themes due to a corruption error they were continually reporting errors to our server so really not worth collecting useless data from them over and over again..
     
  5. Andy3

    Andy3 Powers

    Then can you change the view of the forum or take a at least a poll on it. It is all white now and a bit bright and for me hard to read.
     
  6. padraig

    padraig Powers

    John finsihed, we are going to upgrade the forum and get the expert in to do it..suggestions welcome
     
  7. padraig

    padraig Powers

    maybe a few widgets
     
    BrianK and Yellowcoffeecup like this.
  8. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Andy you can choose your own style at the bottom left of the screen (style chooser) hopefully one of those will suit..there's no point in a poll the only styles that are currently working is the default style and the ones you can choose yourself..
     
    Andy3 likes this.
  9. Andy3

    Andy3 Powers

    Awesome. Did not see those!!
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  10. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    :D:D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so I am not an expert then :D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
     
  11. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    The Forum ran into a few problems with the proposed update looks like the expert :rolleyes: from xenforo wants us to do the hard work before they do the upgrade :rolleyes::rolleyes:

    Unfortunately I am doing quite a bit of studying for my new career at the minute and would not have the time to sort out all the little glitches before the upgrade :(

    Could any members of the forum who have experience in the list below step forward and help out ??? (Mothers Calling;);))

    Experience in
    SQL
    PHP software (preferably xenforo)
    FTTP Servers
    Database admin/backup

    Please pm myself or Padraig if you can help out..

    Many thanks..
     
  12. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Ok folks seeing no one was prepared to step up to the block:rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO: I threw myself on the line..:barefoot::)

    you will probably notice the forum looks a little bit different i.e avatars are square etc and the recent post sidebar is now showing recent posts in order..hopefully I have not broke anything :oops::oops: the main problem with server errors and template problems should now be resolved.. thanks for your patinece
     
    Sam, Carol55 and BrianK like this.
  13. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    Sometimes the same old is better then the same new.

    Signed
    Mumbo jumbo... new name given to me by Saint Mac
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  14. Carol55

    Carol55 Ave Maria

    Thank you, I noticed the problem with the it not showing the posts in most recent order - this seems to occur when I backed out of a thread and then I would refresh to get them back in proper order - If you fixed this wonderful! (I didn't want to say anything about it because I figured the work around).

    PS- Now, if you could only setup the website to automatically delete uncharitable comments from one member to another. :(
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  15. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    but sometimes the same old gives up it's ghost and is no longer visible now where would that leave you to post your usual rants :D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

    p.s your welcome btw;)
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  16. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member


    We have its called the ignore button :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::)
     
    Carol55 likes this.
  17. CrewDog

    CrewDog Guest

    Thanks for Your Work, QD :)

    GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
     
  18. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Just to thank John for all his hard work. I am afraid he kind of got sucked into all this as it was one thing after another going wrong. He has great patience, plese say a few prayers for John and his family that Our Lady might reward him. I had no idea it would take so much work and bother. It was just so kind of him.

    May Our Lady bless you John. I think the upgrade must be finihed as the forum looks so different? Thank God I think there was a chance of it going down the tube in the changes.
     
  19. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Thanks again John , I think you were a gift from Our Lady:)

     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  20. picadillo

    picadillo Guest


    Thank you John!
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.

Share This Page