forum member Mac (Luke) passed away today, February 2

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Oct 8, 2018.

1. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

At St. John’s in Brunswick Maine with Sean and Paul this morning, praying for you Luke: 432828BE-05A3-416F-83E5-93F2481ED26C.jpeg

2. AED

AED Powers

So beautiful Brian. Thanks for sharing it with us.

HeavenlyHosts, josephite, Mac and 3 others like this.
  3. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Its really wonderful that you and Sean have got to meet up Brian.
    I was really disappointed when your plans to meet at last years CIC didn't work out.
    This forum has been a great way for people to share ideas , discuss the Faith and most importantly to pray together.
    Yes , this forum is a real powerhouse of prayer intentions, which I am greatly benefiting from.

Thank you to all that are praying, and for all the wonderful posts and good wishes and encouragement that so many have given on this thread.
    I have been able to complete my First Saturday this morning, so am very pleased I got to complete another set of five. I did not think I would still be here.
    I was talking to the hospice nurse about how much time I may have left.I thought maybe a few days. She thinks more like 2 weeks. So I will just have to be patient, something I struggle with.

God bless
    Luke.

Indy, Agnes rose, peregrin and 24 others like this.
  4. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

Luke/Mac,

So good to hear from you! I helped take care of an elderly parish member during her last week of life. She was 106 years old and as lucid as can be. Every morning she woke up and the first word out of her mouth was "damn", which was a bit of a shock because she was a very devout Catholic with all of the pious practices. I would always ask her if she was in pain and she would respond that she was just disappointed to wake up here on earth.

On her last evening in exile, she asked me to help her change into a very special peignoir (yes, she brought one with her to the convent where I was sitting with her). I asked her if she was planning to meet up with her husband in heaven and wanted to look her best. "Bingo", she said. So I did as I was asked and when Mother Superior came home she looked cross-eyed at me and instructed me to change Winifred (great name) back into a hospital gown.

Winifred died the next morning with all of the nuns praying at her bedside, a beautiful death. I pray the same thing for you Mac, minus the peignoir, of course. God bless you on your journey and do not forget those of us still in exile!

5. padraig

padraig New Member

Bless you , Luke, praying away for you working at night at the moment.

6. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Prayed for you today at Children’s Adoration.We wish we could get more than 5 - 7 children. Please remember us all to Jesus.

7. AED

AED Powers

Just posted on another thread aski g for prayer. My husband is being admitted to hospital for an infection following a med procedure. They are taking it very seriously worried about sepsis. ALL prayers apprecisted!!

8. padraig

padraig New Member

Praying now!! Loads of prayers for both of you!!

9. gracia

gracia Archangels

Will pray, Ann! God be with you, both!

josephite, Praetorian, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  10. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Praying for your husband!

11. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Will be going soon to First Sat. This am. And will pray for your husband.

josephite, Mac, Praetorian and 3 others like this.
  12. miker

miker Powers

We will be offering up the chaplet of Divine Mercy for your intention Luke during these coming weeks. As you know, the promises associated with Divine Mercy are powerful and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your journey and faith - you've been a light in the darkness .Peace

Will also pray for AED husband at Mass today

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Beautiful church
    What a great and momentous get-together!

14. Mario

Mario Powers

Luke,

I finished my Rosary just now that included you and your family. From here on in, I'll be switching to the Chaplet of Divine Mercy just in case JoeJerk is considering a final assault on your trust in the Two Hearts! :notworthy::D:coffee:

God's Peace to you and your beloved family!

15. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

At First Sat mass prayed for you Mac and all intentions on the forum.May God Bless you all!

josephite, Mario, Dolours and 7 others like this.
  16. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Thank you Rory

17. AED

AED Powers

Thank you everyone for the prayers. We need them. This morning some new concerns. Have to talk to MD. I'm on my way to the hospital now. Again thank you all so much. You know you are all in my prayers too.

josephite, Agnes rose, Mac and 7 others like this.
  18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Dear AED,

Remembering your husband at mass today....for a complete healing and speedy return home to you.

josephite, Agnes rose, Mac and 5 others like this.
  19. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Your husband will be in my prayers at morning Mass, along with Mac and all here on the forum.

josephite, Mac, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  20. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Thanks so much for praying for us and especially for Luke as well!

josephite, gracia, Mac and 1 other person like this.