forum member Mac (Luke) passed away today, February 2

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I will pray you and your family are graced to spend Christmas together this year Mac.
    The celebration in heaven can surely survive with one less soul ...at least this year.

But remember Mac....we don’t die...we move into eternity...more alive than we ever were here.

✝️

2. AED

AED Powers

Thankyou for posting this. I am do touched.

3. AED

AED Powers

You are in my constant prayers Mac and your family too. Though we have never actually met I feel so connected to you and your family. If a healing miracle is not God's will and He takes you home be assured I will have Masses said for you--and your family. I am so thankful you may have Christmas with your dear ones. That is a wonderful blessing. May Our Lady of Mount Carmel draw you under her mantle every moment closer and closer.

4. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

LOL a touch of comedy. Keep up the good fight. Live the moment.

God Bless
    Bro al

5. Kclark

Kclark Angels

I am praying for you and your family... although I am not much of a participant on the board- I read and pray for you regularly........

6. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

This evening our parish had three first class relics visit during a special ceremony. Luke, I prayed that St. Pio, St. JP II and St. Maximilian Kolbe would intercede for you.

Nothing is impossible for God!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    RoryRory, josephite, Mac and 9 others like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Powerhouse! relics!

RoryRory, josephite, Mac and 4 others like this.
  8. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Just saw this update:

*UPDATE from Josephine and Luke 13/12/18*

Dear all, With this page finishing in a few days we want to send you all a big thank you for all the support you have given us and to let you know that we are now looking forward to spending one last Christmas with Luke. A few weeks ago it did not seem likely that he would make it to Christmas, but he is in good spirits with plenty of medication keeping him mobile for now. While he is not able to eat much he continues to lose weight and tires easily but he is still enjoying quality time with the family. A lot of the work around the house has been completed with only a few jobs left on the list. So thank you all again for the generous support and we wish you all a happy and holy Christmas. We keep you all in our prayers. Luke and Josephine Nyssen

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/luke-and-josephine-nyssen

9. AED

AED Powers

Th
    Thankyou P4P for posting this.

10. josephite

josephite Powers

Mac I wish you, Josie and all your little Macs a happy and Holy Christmas!
    Have a great time.
    I've been praying the rosary for you every day since we were alerted by Brian on this thread!
    God Bless you always.
    Please continue to pray for my Michael!
    Thank you!

RoryRory, Mary's child, Mac and 6 others like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you!

12. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Thank you P4P

josephite likes this.
  13. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

This photo was found at the link, so I hope Mac doesn’t mind if I post it here. (If so just let me know ASAP and I’ll take it down.) 969F6959-5859-4684-8441-B211A8E4C6A1.jpeg

Beth B, bflocatholic, gracia and 12 others like this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

Such a beautiful family. Such a very beautiful family.

Beth B, cornhusker, gracia and 7 others like this.
  15. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

What a beautiful family!!!

cornhusker, josephite, gracia and 2 others like this.
  16. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Very nice!

17. Mario

Mario Powers

My wonderful wife, Geralyn was precious this morning, Luke. She chooses to join me in praying the Liturgy of the Hours and there is a place for offering up personal intentions. She remembers the days when she was home with six kids who were 13 and under. This morning Geralyn prayed especially for your wife and children, for the time when you will no longer be physically present. And knowing her, she will continue to pray for your family. I'm sure - my wife, the prayer warrior!:):love:

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

18. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Thank you to Geralyn.
    When I was first diagnosed my prayers were mostly aimed at a cure.
    Then they changed to a happy death.
    Now I mostly pray for my wife.
    She is the one who will have to carry on.
    It will be very hard for her for a while.

Beth B, Carol55, cornhusker and 10 others like this.
  19. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

I am praying for her in a special way, Luke.

Carol55, Mario, josephite and 4 others like this.
  20. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

Praying for you, her, Peter and all your daughters each and every day at mass, Luke. Still contemplating the Camino late next year with some new friends from this community here, but I sure wish you could join us.

josephite, Carol55, Mario and 3 others like this.