forum member Mac (Luke) passed away today, February 2

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by BrianK, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Remebered you at mass and family rosary tonight Mac, and haven't forgot about you since we have learned of the situation. How easily I could be in your situation. I prayed for you and you wife that you will be given peace and for your children that they will persevere in our crazy upside down world. I can only imagine the cross our Lord has entrusted to you. He seems to entrust the biggest crosses to those He loves the most. Don't forget us when you reach the destination we are all striving to make.

sunburst, Dolours, Seagrace and 10 others like this.
  2. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

The Novena to the Immaculate Conception begins today and I am wondering if other members would like to join me in offering this novena to Luke and his family.
    May God bless them always.

Here is a link to this novena: https://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/immaculate.htm

In addition, the following article reminded me of Luke today:

upload_2018-11-29_12-53-25.png
    On November 29, the Church celebrates the many Franciscan saints who followed in the footsteps of St. Francis. It is a special day for all Franciscans to celebrate the feast of ‘All the Saints of the Seraphic Order.’

According to tradition, St. Francis of Assisi prayed the following prayer:
    "O Lord Jesus Christ, two favors I beg of you before I die. The first is that I may, as far as it is possible, feel in my soul and in my body the suffering in which you, O gentle Jesus, sustained in your bitter passion. And the second favor is that I, as far as it is possible, may receive in my heart that excessive charity by which you, the Son of God, were inflamed, and which actuated you willingly to suffer so much for us sinners."

In response to his earnest prayer, the Lord appeared in the form of a seraph, or a six-winged angel (They are usually considered the highest order of angelic beings, immediately above the Cherubim, and their special duty is to love God).

Then Jesus bestowed on St. Francis the wounds of his suffering. St. Francis had been marked with the love of Christ, the stigmata.

St. Francis died two years later in 1226, leaving the world the Franciscan Order, which became synonymous with the Seraphic Order. To this day, seraph wings and seraphs are symbolic of the Franciscan Order.

The final Rule of life for Franciscan friars was also approved on this day in 1223. To commemorate this, and all the saintly examples produced in the Franciscan Order, on this day all the saints of the Seraphic order are remembered at Franciscan churches.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/saint/all-saints-of-the-seraphic-order-feast-733

3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Praying for you Luke and I have the whole family here praying every day as well as a prayer group and some other friends. Along with everyone here and at your church Our Blessed Mother is definitely making sure you are covered in prayer.

sunburst, Dolours, gracia and 5 others like this.
  4. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I will join you in this Carol. A good idea. Thanks for posting here.

Dolours, gracia, AED and 3 others like this.
  5. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Nice one Carol.
    My wife and I have started this one.
    Im a little torn between wanting a cure or going home.
    Dec 8 would be a great day to go.:)

sunburst, RoryRory, MMM and 12 others like this.
  6. CathyG

CathyG Principalities

Selfishly speaking, I want a cure for you, Mac. But, of course, His will be done. My Novena is for you :)

7. miker

miker Powers

8. Mario

Mario Powers

miker,

The trajectory of your re-entry has caught me by surprise!:DI pray all is going well with you and your family!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

sunburst, Carol55, Mac and 5 others like this.
  9. josephite

josephite Powers

Beautiful Carol
    I've started this Novena.
    Thank you.

At the moment Luke the Lord has you hanging on the cross.

Each prayer you pray is worth so much!

Padre Pio said the greatest creed we can pray

Is the one we pray while hanging on our cross, feeling desolate.

Dolours, Mary's child, Mac and 8 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I add my Novena to the bouquet here.

Dolours, Carol55, Mac and 4 others like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Me too. Great idea.

Dolours, Carol55, Mac and 3 others like this.
  12. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Will include you in the St Andrew's Christmas Novena, Luke.
    God Bless.

Dolours, Carol55, Mac and 3 others like this.
  13. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Just a reminder for anyone doing the novena it's day 2!

gracia, RoryRory, Mac and 5 others like this.
  14. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Praying this novena for you Mac also.

gracia, Mac, josephite and 2 others like this.
  15. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Luke, you are in my prayers every day. I join others in offering my novena to the Immaculate Conception for you.

gracia, josephite, AED and 3 others like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

More prayers at work tonight and offering up mass tomorrow.

[​IMG]

gracia, josephite, AED and 4 others like this.
  17. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

I’ll be joining everyone else’s prayers in the Immaculate Conception novena. At the same time we here are doing another nine day novena leading up to an “unlimited consecration to Mary” on December 8 that St. Maximilian Kolbe described in his writings, and you’ll be especially included in that Luke. (Book to be published soon, hopefully.) And always, every day at mass, at the concluding Doxology along with Christ on the paten, you’re there by name.

gracia, sterph, josephite and 6 others like this.
  18. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Its been such a blessing to have so much support and prayers from all around the world.
    I couldn't be happier.

And an extra thanks to former members here , Basto , Joe Crozier and a large donation recently from Aviso.
    It is all very much appreciated and helping ease a difficult time.
    I will do my best by praying for you all daily.
    And when I get to heaven I will be sure to check in on you all.

19. AED

AED Powers

God bless you now and always Luke. And your beautiful family.

SgCatholic, gracia, Mac and 7 others like this.
  20. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Amen! Luke, I thank God for getting to know you in this circle of faithful Catholics.

gracia, Mac, AED and 5 others like this.