For my buddy Jim

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by non sum dignus, Apr 19, 2021.

  1. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Dear Father,

    There is a day ordained for each one of us. We pray that our prayers for this baptized child of yours have been pleasing in Your Sight. Apply all of our prayers to the moment of his death! For the sake of Christ's sorrowful Passion, have mercy on Jim and on his mourning family!
     
  2. josephite

    josephite Powers

    Will add your friend Jim to the rosary today.
    Divine Mercy I trust in Thee.
     
    AED, Mary's child and non sum dignus like this.
  3. Jo M

    Jo M Powers

    So terribly sorry to hear that Jim passed, praying for his soul. Covid is so cruel, it can take take down even the healthiest among us. :(
     
  4. Mary's child

    Mary's child Powers

    Prayers for the repose of Jim's soul, so sorry for your loss.
     
    josephite, non sum dignus and AED like this.
  5. AED

    AED Powers

    Yes of course NSD. I will put him on my purgatory list. I am so sorry that he succumbed but he was prayed for thanks to you. That is huge. Once in heaven you will know what your charity did for him!

    This virus is lethal and demonic. I think those who say "I'll take my chances with the virus" have been lulled into dangerous complacency. Whether one takes the vax or doesn't take the vax we must never lose sight of the very real danger we face. Ann Barnhart is wrong when she dismisses it as a flu. Or a cold.
    God has permitted it I believe as a chastisement to wake us up! We must pray every day for those who will die each day and are in danger of losing their souls. Our culture is SO fragile and we go about "fiddling while Rome burns". Bread and circuses. Eventually we will as a world have to wake up to our true condition. Perhaps that is The Warning. We need it desperately.
     
  6. AED

    AED Powers

    Amen.
     
  7. Donna259

    Donna259 Powers

    NSD, you are a good a true friend. I am so sorry for your loss. Was it somebody here who thought perhaps Sr Agnes "fire falling from the sky" was related to Covid? The fever and spread through respiratory droplets. God writes straight with crooked lines....God bless you both and I am praying.
     
    josephite and AED like this.
  8. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Sorry to hear that Jim passed away I just read this after finishing my Rosa mystica novena for him.. May he rest in peace..
     
    josephite, AED and RosaryWielder like this.
  9. Thanks everyone for the prayers.

    I am reminded of the final scene from the movie Shindler's List....

    "I could have saved one more."

    I could have been a better example of what a Catholic is.

    I may have been the only Catholic he knew who went to church. I can't stop thinking if only I would have been more loving....If he didn't make it to heaven. ...It may have been my sins of omission. How many more people in my life might not make it to heaven because of my sinfulness.

    I am so sorry for my lack of charity. It has affected me deeply.

    Begging God to change me into the man He wants me to be.

    Pray for me.
     
    Jo M, Sam, Ananchal and 3 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Praying. Have hope.
     
    Mary's child and AED like this.
  11. Mary's child

    Mary's child Powers

    Prayers, remember our Lord showed us how to fall by getting back up.
    Will include you in my chaplet of Divine Mercy today.
     
    Sam and AED like this.
  12. NSD, God is eternal and abovetime. He has already anticipated the prayers you will offer in your life, including any you might offer in the here and now, begging The Merciful Father to have given Jim at the moment of his death the merits of your current prayers so that Jim had the graces necessary for final perseverance and the inner desire of heart to accept those graces. Then, pray for his soul as if he’s in purgatory for light, refreshment and peace. You can have Masses said. You are in my prayers!
     
    AED likes this.
  13. Amen!
     

Share This Page