First Saturday (and First Friday)

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by lynnfiat, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Yes, SgCatholic, as Don said, it's certainly valid, the Child Jesus Himself confirmed this to saintly Sr. Lucia, "On February 15, 1926 the Child Jesus alone came to visit Sr. Lucia and asked if the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary was being propagated. Sr. Lucia spoke of a difficulty some people have in confessing on the first Saturday, and asked if they might be allowed eight days in order to fulfill Our Lady's requests. Jesus answered: "Yes, even more time still, as long as they receive Me in the state of grace and have the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary." http://www.rosary-center.org/firstsat.htm

Our Good God and His Holy Mother make so much allowance for us. Sacramental Confession itself is a great grace we should try to avail as often as possible. But if we are in the state of grace, we can always receive more graces through assisting at Holy Mass and receiving the Body and Blood of the Lord in Holy Communion.

The wonderful thing about the Five First Saturdays is that we can do them very easily if we just make the effort to complete it. Five First Saturdays pass in no time!

lynnfiat, Dolours, Praetorian and 3 others like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you!!!

Xavier and Praetorian like this.
  3. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

It's the First Saturday this week, on June 1.

4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you!

Xavier and SgCatholic like this.
  5. sparrow

sparrow Powers

Right. First Friday is June 7...

Xavier and SgCatholic like this.
  6. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Bump, for the First Friday which is coming up - June 7.

sparrow, Xavier and Praetorian like this.
  7. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

The First Friday Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is based on a promise made by our Lord Jesus Christ during an Apparition to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque. This promise was approved by the Church in the 1920 canonization of St. Margaret Mary.

The 12 Promises are contained in a letter written in May, 1688, by St. Margaret Mary to Mother Saumaise:

“On a Friday during Holy Communion, [Our Lord] said these words […], if I mistake not: I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that Its all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on nine first Fridays of the month consecutively, the grace of final repentance; they will not die under My displeasure or without receiving their Sacraments, My Divine Heart making Itself their assured refuge at the last moment.”

Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
    2. I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
    3. I will console them in all their troubles.
    4. I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
    5. I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
    6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
    7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
    8. Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
    9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
    10. I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.

Xavier, HeavenlyHosts and sparrow like this.
  8. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

First Friday and Saturday reminder!
    There is the Portiuncula Indulgence this Friday, too.

Xavier, AED, sparrow and 1 other person like this.
  9. lynnfiat

“These are the hours of battle, and therefore those weapons which I have prepared especially for you must be made use of:

The consecration to my Immaculate Heart

The frequent recitation of the holy rosary

And the practice of the five first Saturdays of the month in reparation for the offenses committed against my motherly heart.

During these Saturdays, I invite you to unite yourselves with me in the payer o the rosary, in the meditation of its mysteries, in confession, in taking part in Holy Mass and in communion of reparation.

To my daughter, Sister Lucy, I promised special protection at the moment of death and to obtain the graces necessary for salvation for all my children who, harking to my requests, will have devoutly carried out the practice of the five first Saturdays."

Blessed Virgin Mary to Fr. Gobbi, Marian Movement of Priests, #180

Mario, Xavier, AED and 1 other person like this.
  10. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Sept 6&7 First Friday and Saturday are coming up!

AED and sparrow like this.
  11. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

First Friday and First Saturday are coming up this week - March 6 and 7.
    Let's all do the necessary to please our Lord and our Lady.

+

sparrow, Sam, RosaryWielder and 3 others like this.
  12. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Archangels

This is it, time to start my Two Hearts Novenas. I've had rough start to Lent, but I'm staying course!

Jesu, confido Tibi!

Sam and SgCatholic like this.
  13. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

Bump. (All day masses daily online can be found at mass-online.org).

AED likes this.
  14. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

The first Firday devotion would be easier to complete as confession is not required, however the first Saturday devotion may be a little more difficult. It can still be undertaken in spiritual communion hopefully.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    AED likes this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Certainly. I can’t imagine God not understanding our situation.

AED and Sam like this.
  16. lynnfiat

God knows the desire of our hearts. Offer your desire to make your First Friday and First Saturday to Him through the Immaculate Heart of Mary - and pray your Rosary. Tomorrow, keep company with Our Lady in meditation for at least 15 minutes in reparation to Her Heart for all the offenses against Her. That meditation should be separate from your Rosary meditations. Do all for the glory of God and the salvation of souls.

AED, maryrose and Sam like this.
  17. Irishguy2

Irishguy2 Angels

It's not possible to receive HC on first Friday cos no mass no confessions as all churches are closed. That's because Friday stipulated this in order to receive HC in 9 successive months. That's broken now.

No Easter mass with HC on this Sunday. not one word or peep from bishops here. I'm thinking and looking around re sspx mass around which might be open???

SgCatholic and AED like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Only problem is, SSPX Masses are not licit.

19. lynnfiat

As today is First Saturday, I thought I would offer a meditation in reparation to Our Blessed Mother taken from the Hours of the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ:

O my Jesus, I intend to repair for the offenses given to the Most Holy Virgin, for the blasphemies and the ingratitudes of many who do not want to recognize the benefits You have granted, by giving Her to us as Mother.

How can we thank You for such a great benefit? O Jesus, we turn to your own source and we offer You your Blood, your wounds, the infinite love of your Heart! O Most Holy Virgin, how moved You are, in hearing the voice of good Jesus, leaving You to us as Mother!

We thank You, O blessed Virgin, and in order to thank You as You deserve, we offer You the very thanksgivings of your Jesus. O sweet Mama, be our Mother, take care of us, and do not allow us to offend You even slightly. Keep us always clasped to Jesus; with your hands bind us – all of us, to Him, that we may not escape Him, ever again. With your own intentions, I intend to repair for all, for the offenses given to your Jesus and to You, my sweet Mama!

Sam likes this.