First Saturday (and First Friday)

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by lynnfiat, Aug 1, 2017.

1. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

And today (Saturday) we celebrate the memorial of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, it was, and Jesus gave me a wonderful present today. My morning was full of meetings and appointments; I had to be in downtown Syracuse and then proceed to a nursing home assignment in the afternoon. No time to go to Holy Mass. I ended up parking next to the Cathedral for my 11:30am meeting; I put enough money in the meter to cover an hour. Surprisingly, my appointment finished up in a half-hour and when I came out, I decided to slip into the Cathedral to make a quick visit to the Blessed Sacrament. Just as I did so, a priest began the celebration of Holy Mass and the Mass finished up in time for me to make my 1pm appointment!

Jesus was so good to time everything in such a way that I might assist in the Holy Sacrifice and receive Holy Communion, too! Alleluia!:):D:ROFLMAO:

Safe in the Flames of the Sacred Heart!

Denise P, Praetorian, gracia and 4 others like this.
  3. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

Unless you’re attending a traditional mass in an FSSP parish, in which case the Immaculate Heart of Mary is celebrated on August 22 :D

gracia and SgCatholic like this.
  4. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

Bumping up!
    It will be the First Friday and First Saturday this week.

Don_D, Dolours, DivineMercy and 2 others like this.
  5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Well, I was not feeling well last night and I missed Mass for First Friday. :(

I did make it this morning though and it was wonderful :) Thank you for the reminder once again.

SgCatholic likes this.
  6. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

Bump!
    Make plans for confession and mass.

DivineMercy, Don_D and Praetorian like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Another First Friday and Saturday is upon us and if ever there was a time for Prayer, Penance, and consolation of the Immaculate Hearts of Our Lord and Blessed Mother it is surely now. God have Mercy on us all.

CONDITIONS TO FULFILL THE FIRST FRIDAY DEVOTION
    The specific conditions to receive the Great Promise of the Sacred Heart of Jesus are:

1. Receive Holy Communion on nine consecutive first Fridays of the month (this assumes that the person is in a state of grace, having made a sacramental confession for any mortal sins prior to receiving communion).

2. Having the intention, at least implicitly, of making reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus for all the sinfulness and ingratitude of men.

CONDITIONS TO FULFILL THE FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTION
    There are five requirements to obtain this promise from the Immaculate Heart of Mary. On five consecutive first Saturdays of the month, one should:

1. Have the intention of consoling the Immaculate Heart in a spirit of reparation.

2. Go to confession (within eight days before or after the first Saturday).

3. Receive Holy Communion.

4. Say five decades of the Holy Rosary.

5. Meditate for 15 minutes on the mysteries of the Holy Rosary with the goal of keeping Our Lady company (for example, while in church or before an image or statue of Our Lady).

Read How to Make Your First Saturday Rosary Meditation According to Sr. Lucia

8. Dolours

Dolours Guest

It's great when the First Friday and Saturday are the same weekend.

9. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

Bump.
    First Saturday this weekend.

Don_D likes this.
  10. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

yes, most important for the BVM to use all of our attendance for her needs. Remember when you go to first Saturday to offer your mass intentions to the BVM as she sees fit! That's the most important thing we don't talk about a lot....no requests for self at First Saturday...just all for the BVM

Don_D and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

It’s the First Friday tomorrow.

12. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

sacredheart2.jpg
    Tomorrow is First Friday.
    The devotion consists of several practices that are performed on the first Fridays of nine consecutive months. On these days, a person is to attend Holy Mass and receive communion. If the need arises, in order to receive communion in a state of grace, a person should also make use of the Sacrament of Penance before attending Mass. In many Catholic communities the practice of the Holy Hour of meditation during the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament during the First Fridays is encouraged.

Praetorian likes this.
  13. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

First Friday and Saturday this week.

Praetorian and Don_D like this.
  14. lynnfiat

Our Lady at Fatima:
    "I shall come to ask the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and Communions of reparation on the first Saturdays. If my requests are heard, Russia will be converted and there will be peace. If not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, fomenting wars and persecution of the Church. The good will suffer martyrdom; the Holy Father will suffer much; different nations will be annihilated. But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me, which will be converted, and some time of peace will be granted to humanity."

Our Lord told Sister Lucia in an apparition in Rianjo, Spain in the summer of 1931, “Make it known to My ministers, given that they follow the example of the King of France in delaying the execution of My command, they will follow him into misfortune. It is never too late to have recourse to Jesus and Mary.“

Sister Lucia reported later that Our Lord also complained to her, “They did not wish to heed My request! … Like the **King of France they will repent of it, and they will do it, but it will be late. Russia will have already spread its errors in the world, provoking wars and persecutions against the Church. The Holy Father will have much to suffer.” (from Fatima.org)

**Our Lord was referring to His request to King Louis XIV of France on June 17, 1689 to solemnly consecrate his country to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Our Lord made His request known through St. Margaret Mary Alacoque and no French King publicly obeyed the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Eventually, on June 17, 1789, 100 years later, King Louis XVI was stripped of his power by the National Assembly and less than four years later, was beheaded. It is said that while he was in the Bastille, King Louis XVI attempted to consecrate France, but by that time, of course, it was far too late to achieve the desired results.

Book of Heaven - October 16 A.D. 1918

“Now I want to tell you something consoling. Italy, France, now win, and Germany loses. All nations have some black stains, and all of them deserve humiliations and crushing. There will be a general uproar confusion everywhere; by the sword, by fire and by water, by sudden deaths, by contagious diseases, I will renew the world - I will make new things. The nations will form a sort of tower of Babel; they will reach the point of being unable even to understand one another; the peoples will rebel among themselves, they will no longer want kings. All will be humiliated, and peace will come only from Me. And if you hear them say ‘peace’, it will not be true, but apparent. Once I have purged everything, I will place my finger in a surprising way, and will give the true peace. And then, all those who are humiliated will return to Me; and Germany will be Catholic - I have great designs upon her; England, Russia, and every place where blood was shed, will rise again to faith and will be incorporated into my Church. There will be the great triumph and the union of peoples. Therefore, pray - and it takes patience, because this will not be so soon, but it will take time.”

For the love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray the Rosary and make your First Saturdays.

Fatima likes this.
  15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

This is interesting that this messages from Luisa came a year later than the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima. Luisa speaks of the Era of Peace "true peace" after the "purging" and purification of all evil. The only question now seems to be, how soon will this global collapse and purification take. Once the unmasking of the enemies of the church and world is complete (which to me is nearly there) the purging will come into full swing. We must keep our hearts focused on the Era of Peace promised in scripture (Rev. 20) and by our Lady of Fatima, so we do not despair.

Don_D and lynnfiat like this.
  16. lynnfiat

A First Saturday meditation on the Presentation meant not only for me, but for all who are faithful to God and His Church:

Before Holy Communion, I become a Bethlehem. The cave where Jesus is to be born is inside my heart. I try to prepare a place fit for Him to be born, but it is cold and dark inside, and yet, He chooses to be born here.

Upon His arrival, my cave becomes all Light and the darkness and cold within disappear. Mother Mary wraps Him tightly in my heart as She wrapped Him in swaddling clothes. The Lord is now with Me! I go to bring Him to others. It is time to present Him to God the Father; I bring Him within me to the temple (the Mass) to present Him to the Father. He leaves my heart as He leaves the arms of Our Mother to be placed in the arms of Simeon (the Priest). Simeon takes Him into his arms and blesses God. ("My eyes have seen your salvation which you prepared in sight of all the peoples." My eyes look at Jesus in the Eucharist – our salvation – prepared in sight of all the people at the Mass. Then Jesus is given back to me as Simeon handed Him back to Mary. This “sign that will be contradicted” is now with me. As I carry Him with me, I know that I too become a sign of contradiction. LB

SgCatholic and AED like this.
  17. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

It's time to prepare; make plans for confession and Holy Mass.
    First Friday and Saturday this week.

Don_D, Praetorian and lynnfiat like this.
  18. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

For ease of reference, I'm copying and pasting Don's post:

CONDITIONS TO FULFILL THE FIRST FRIDAY DEVOTION
    The specific conditions to receive the Great Promise of the Sacred Heart of Jesus are:

1. Receive Holy Communion on nine consecutive first Fridays of the month (this assumes that the person is in a state of grace, having made a sacramental confession for any mortal sins prior to receiving communion).

2. Having the intention, at least implicitly, of making reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus for all the sinfulness and ingratitude of men.

CONDITIONS TO FULFILL THE FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTION
    There are five requirements to obtain this promise from the Immaculate Heart of Mary. On five consecutive first Saturdays of the month, one should:

1. Have the intention of consoling the Immaculate Heart in a spirit of reparation.

2. Go to confession (within eight days before or after the first Saturday).

3. Receive Holy Communion.

4. Say five decades of the Holy Rosary.

5. Meditate for 15 minutes on the mysteries of the Holy Rosary with the goal of keeping Our Lady company (for example, while in church or before an image or statue of Our Lady).

Read How to Make Your First Saturday Rosary Meditation According to Sr. Lucia

Praetorian and Immaculata like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you for the reminder, Sg.
    This First Friday is also All Souls Day wherein the Church prays for the Souls in Purgatory, Friday, November 2.
    It starts the devotions for the month of November which is dedicated to praying for the Faithful Departed.

Praetorian likes this.
  20. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

Oh, I didn't know that it's supposed to be for the whole month!
    Thanks, HH.

Praetorian and HeavenlyHosts like this.