First Saturday (and First Friday)

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by lynnfiat, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

You can pray outside your church or there is a you tube online adoration site if you look for it. Maybe that will help you.
    I’m lucky, my church has it every first Friday and we schedule the faithful to be there throughout the day. ...at least for now.

Xavier and AED like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you for posting this!

Xavier likes this.
  3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Lol

sparrow and AED like this.
  4. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Byron, Xavier, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  5. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Sam, Byron, sparrow and 2 others like this.
  6. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Thank God, made it to the First Friday devotion at FSSP parish where the Litany to Sacred Heart was said and a beautiful prayer of reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus for all the outrages, sacrileges, idolatry, blasphemies which cause our dear Lord so much offence.

Also made it to Holy Mass on Fist Saturday. The normal adoration and rosary were not done. I hope Blessed Mother will accept the best we can do.

Xavier, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Heaven is pleased, Julia.

Xavier and Julia like this.
  8. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

My husband and I took our kids to their (and his) first of the First Five Saturdays masses today. It probably won't count for the baby and toddler, but should for my 7-year-old. I was always grateful my mom did it with me when I was 9. We're off to confession in a bit.

Xavier, Julia and Sam like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Abolutely. If there is no public recitation we do it on our own. Im so glad you were able to both. By God's mercy I was able to get to both as well.

Xavier, Julia and Sam like this.
  10. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

11. andree

andree Powers

In a few days, it's the first Saturday and also the Feast of St Joseph. Let us not forget to do as Our Lady of Fatima asked us and invoke St Joseph too.

Stia, Shae, Xavier and 8 others like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you for this reminder!!

Shae, Xavier, andree and 1 other person like this.
  13. andree

andree Powers

May is the month of Mary and since the first day is a first Saturday, it must be pretty special month this year.

Stia, Sam, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  14. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Thanks for the reminder. May is Mary Crowning Month, Our Lady's Special Month! And May 1st this year is Saturday, Our Lady's Special Day! Sure to be a Month of Great Blessings and Graces.

RosaryWielder, Sam, Carol55 and 2 others like this.
  15. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I absolutely adore this hymn! I used to sing this and many other Marian hymns while in grade school. We'd all process over to the Church (Our Lady of Grace) and do the May crowning with hymns and flowers! :love::D

Xavier, Sam, Carol55 and 1 other person like this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

Yes! My memories too. That was what May was about.:)

sparrow, Xavier, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  17. Mario

Mario Powers

Ah yes, all those May processions at all the Catholic grammar schools of old! So much grace lost through the present lukewarmness of the Church. :cry:

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

18. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

I feel a lot of Maternal consolation this First Saturday. :love:

Hail Immaculate Mother! I’m asking Her intercede for my brothers and sisters in Christ this First Saturday.

Sam, Xavier and sparrow like this.
  19. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

My FSSP parish will have their May crowning and procession next Saturday. My son will be one of the boys leading the procession and holding a flag; he and I are both so excited! I used to read about May crownings in old Catholic books and wished so much I could be in one as a child. It is such a blessing to watch my child be able to do it.

Sam, Xavier and sparrow like this.
  20. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Today was my first First Saturday Mass at my FSSP parish, since we joined a few weeks ago. The Mass was as full as most of the Sunday Masses! And there were many of us in line for confession as well. It is so wonderful to be in a community where so many are taking their faith seriously.

We picked up our religious items that Father blessed this week from the blessing table today. Once a month people bring any items they want blessed, and leave them till the next Sunday, so the priests have time to do all of the long Latin blessings on the various items. Well, the entire wall of the parish hall was lined with over a thousand items...crucifixes, St. Benedict medals, pictures, statues, water, oil, salt, rosaries, chaplets, etc. And this was only for this month! I'm humbled by the faith, piety, and joy of the members of this parish. So far I've had someone say something friendly to me after every Mass I've attended... Not in a forced, "welcoming" kind of way, but just a natural joyful friendliness. I can't believe I let my fear of "judginess" at the Latin Mass hold me back from trying it for so long. Honestly, though, I think God led my family here at the exact moment we were meant to come. My husband was not in a spiritual place where he would have been receptive to it only a few months ago. He's been transformed by St. Joseph this year! And he LOVES the TLM.

Sam, Xavier, Ananchal and 1 other person like this.