Finishing my university course

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Jul 15, 2018.

  1. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Joined:
    May 4, 2018
    Messages:
    1,854
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Diocese of Nelson
    I received an email reply from my professor earlier this evening, where he provided an assessment of my earlier assignment. He said that for his assignment, one is expected to provide as many sources as possible, so I really need to do some serious reading, I am a slow reader but I have been improving somewhat recently.
     
    Sam likes this.
  2. any name you wish

    any name you wish Powers

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2016
    Messages:
    1,151
    Gender:
    Male
    Remember that you don't have to read all of what you're citing, find something relevant to something you're asserting, see that what you're citing supports it, and then cite it.
     
    Adoremus likes this.
  3. Adoremus

    Adoremus Powers

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2013
    Messages:
    1,691
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Ireland
    Exactly. With academic books, usually the Introduction will have as much depth of info as you need for an essay-type assignment. No need to read the whole book! A quick skim over the table of contents and introduction should guide you to the relevant bits of info you need to cite.
     
    any name you wish likes this.
  4. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Joined:
    May 4, 2018
    Messages:
    1,854
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Diocese of Nelson
    I realize that this actually might be a good opportunity, small though it may be to grow in trust for God. Please pray that my trust in God grows through this experience.

    Saint Therese of Lisieux, pray for me!
     
  5. Frank Markus

    Frank Markus Archangels

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2017
    Messages:
    223
    Gender:
    Male
    I offer this Adoration for you.
     
  6. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Joined:
    May 4, 2018
    Messages:
    1,854
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Diocese of Nelson
    I'm in the last few days now, I'm going to really try and get this finished today, but I need real deep conviction.

    Please pray that I have the deep conviction and zeal to finish this.
     
    Frank Markus likes this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2016
    Messages:
    23,494
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Maryland,USA
    Grit your teeth and finish
     
    Frank Markus and RosaryWielder like this.
  8. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Joined:
    May 4, 2018
    Messages:
    1,854
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    The Diocese of Nelson
    Finally have it done and submitted! Thanks everyone for all your prayers and support!

    All that's left is the Final Exam and then I'm done! Hopefully I've absorbed a lot of moral and spiritual skills from this experience.
     
    Frank Markus and Carol55 like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2016
    Messages:
    23,494
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Maryland,USA
    Great! Thank the Good Lord!
     

Share This Page