Pray and Trust Heidi, it is all we have to do. Once one gives everything over to Jesus through Mary we have done all God desires. Leave the rest to Him. God knows your needs, his Will shall be done in your family life. Jesus I Trust in You.
Missed Confession today (and I really needed it!) because one of the kids had to use the bathroom at the last minute......then attempted to bring all 7 kids to Mass without my husband......only lasted 15 minutes before we left with me crying, they were so bad.
Heidi, One way of dealing with discouragement, which is a prime tool of satan, is to recall to mind and verbalize the truth of who you are and who God is. Let me give you an example: God is my Father. I am his child. He is Almighty, able to do all things! I am the object of His Love! As I look to Him and trust in His Providence, nothing is able to thwart His Plan for my life. I praise His Goodness and trust in His Timing! Let God arise and His enemies be scattered. Hail Mary... If you listen to discouragement closely, you'll see that they are words of doubt about your relationship with God. The above is not simply positive thinking, but the expression of truth. Vocalize your trust in Jesus, call on the aid of your guardian angel and the devil will desist. Remember what Peter teaches us in his first letter about the adversary... 1Peter5: 9 Resist him, firm in your faith! Also, concerning your children, consider the preparation God promised to the Israelites on entering the Promised Land: Dt 30:6 "Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants , to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. I'll be praying for you! Safe in the Father's Arms!
Heidi,..have you ever heard of the Mother Teresa emergency prayer? She used it when ever she needed something quick. It won't hurt to try. I will pray for you also,..don't lose heart. http://brendakaren.wordpress.com/2009/10/25/the-mother-teresa-emergency-novena-is-a-real-winner/
Oh, Heidi, I remember those days! I left Mass in tears one day after my youngest threw a sock right past the priest's ear during the consecration, then laid down in the aisle, making himself a speed bump for the communicants. I used to tell our Lady, "I know you were a much better mother than me, but you had a much better kid!" I learned something very valuable from the life of St. Maximilian Kolbe. His mother used to pray to the Blessed Mother, "Please make up for my deficiencies as a mother." It worked for Mama Kolbe; I'm confident it worked (and is still working) for me as well! And the deficiencies of our children give us plenty of suffering to offer up... So it's all good.
Heidi if you wanted to be at all the mass I believe you were at all the mass. It's not your fault you had to leave and I am sure God will not let you go short of any graces. I was very tired yesterday and went back to bed missing mass, but I don't think God minded I needed the sleep. If I couldn't come to Him I am sure He came to me, He loves us so much...
In the midst of your angst, you may not see it, but from here, Heidi I sense this chaotic scene as one of grace, holiness, love and sacrifice. How beautiful. And I truly believe it is how Our Lord saw it. You maybe saw failure and Christ saw you carrying his Cross- you are a most wonderful and faithful servant to Our Lord. You gave life to 7 wonderful children and you brought them to God's home- He sees this, he knows your intention and he knows your sin and desire for reconciliation. You may not have made it to the actual sacrament, but again, I truly believe he reconciled with you because of your action. Heidi, grab onto His peace today- He loves you!
Thank you so much for all of the encouraging words! Kathy, I do pray that all the time! That the Blessed Mother will make up for my deficiencies in raising my children. Sunburst, I have never heard of that prayer, thank you!
Tonight I drove 30 minutes to go to Confession, waited in line for a long time, only to be told that the priest did not have time to hear all of our confessions. I missed it AGAIN!!!
The enemy is working you over, but look at the good fruit: 1) your intention to confess is known, appreciated and honored by our sweet Jesus. 2)Your suffering from the inconvenience, irritation, disappointment, etc. can be used by the Blessed Mother to save souls. Our side wins!!!
I remember waiting for confession one time but the lady who was in side the box took a long time I think maybe 20 minutes or more. There was much angry muttering from us outside and when she came out there was an angry glare from all and sundry. I was next in and determined to take milliseconds but it turned out it was a priest I knew for many years and an old friend, He insisted on a natter and I told him folks outside were in a state of mutiny but he insisted we chat with an airey wave of his hand in the direction of the riot which was probably happening outside. He must have kept me at least 20 and when I got out I rushed away with head down , the looks would have melted your back. Sometimes I have gotten to mass at the wrong time in a strange place of confession closed before I could get and there is always a deep sadness. But God loves us so much I don't think he ever holds back we get what we came for. If I am in a country or place for instance where I cannot get to mass I believe He comes anyway. I mean really comes. It is the same for all who try, we just have to have the faith to see it. My mother had ten of us kids and she told me before she was married how much she liked to pray in Church. She went to a holy old priest in confession and a few babies later and told him she felt guilty she had no more time for Church visiting. The old priest laughed and said that the children were her prayer. She said this set her mind totally at ease and she never worried again. But one thing I noticed about her looking back she always had this sense to her of being a woman of quite deep prayer, an ease a peace you get say from nuns.... After she died I found her prayer book , such a little paper and cardboard little thing tied up many times with tape to hold it together. She must have had it many , many years. I though such a simple little thing to hold a whole life time of prayer. But it did her and led her to a real deep holiness. I often think when looking back at that prayer book that things need not be complicated, ten kids and a falling to pieces prayer book and the golden gates swing open. She visited me at Christmas shortly after she died and seemed so young and happy. I was doing the ironing and singing and laughing to myself. I looked up and saw her standing at the doorway and she was smiling and laughing herself and she said, 'Well at least you're happy!' ..and laughed. But I wondered many times what she meant by saying, 'At least you're...' Only many months later I found out one of my brothers had been very depressed that Christmas time and considered suicide. When my mother was dying she was in a lot of pain from cancer . I had just dislocated bu shoulder and I had ait strapped up. One of the dogs pulled me off the bus and I went flying through the air like super man and landed on my shoulder. But my mother rose from her death bed in worry and concern when she saw me. Even though she was dying in pain. My sister saw this and we both cried. What an example of a mothers love. I am wandering but it seems to me a mothers vocation is the highest there is, because they teach us love. I often feel my own mothers love from heaven...and her concern and interest and yes , pride. Even heaven doesn't stop this. But what I mean Heidi is. cut yourself some slack. Your children are your vocation and your love for them an entry way to heaven. Ah tears looking back. But happy tears. So happy.
After communion this morning I sat down and a lady came along pulled down the kneeler on top of my toes..I was wearing trainers. After much arm waving and subdued screaming she realised she was amputating my toes and stood up letting me release them. Her striken face was a picture. I burst out laughing and I am sure I heard a chortle from the tabernacle. What did I learn from all this? Well maybe the good God like some of ourselves has a sense of humour. ..and who Knows? But perhaps it is when we do not take ourselves too seriously that God begins to take us a lot more seriously.
Such a great story Padraig and good advice. No, Heaven nor death stops love. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
I am going on a short trip tomorrow, and I really wanted to go to Confession before I left, but it was not to be. Perhaps you can pray for me to have a safe trip?
Pray to St Joe; ask him to go with you. I always do when I am travelling and he always gives me a nice surprise, something to think about. St Joe had to travel a bit himself. Praying to St Joe. Lovely man. May he surprise you too.
No as St Paul says there is a great crowd round us on every side rooting for us. Hebrews 12:1 1Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.… View attachment 1770
Heidi I got great comfort from St Therese's book story of a soul...my own wife went through a very similar experience to yours this encouraged her to write a poem I shared this a few months back.. http://motheofgod.com/threads/ray-of-hope.4700/ Ray of Hope Descending clouds of black and grey Are closing in, oh God I pray They’re closing in around my mind Unable to breathe, so full of doubt It’s getting hard to raise my head The weight it pulls me down instead The more I hope and try to see The dark clouds seem to follow me Evil searches out the pure The hurt, the pain that they endure It’s too much for my heart to bear The dark clouds seem to follow me A burst of light is what I need A hint of hope, my soul may feed The victims of mans evil freed Dark clouds ascending off of me The rays of light start streaming through They reach the heart and warm it new They whisper love and faith renew Dark clouds ascending off of me The innocence will have their say Their voices heard, for this I pray The earth will look to be renewed Bright sky’s are hanging over me.
Heidi, I'll place you in Mary's arms tomorrow. You, your husband, and your children, too! Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart