Father Michel Rodrigue Facebook Post about the Warning.

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Xavier, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Byron

    Byron Powers

    I don’t know Padraig. I’m still waiting to hear more about him. But if one shuts him up, how will we know?
     
    Booklady likes this.
  2. Booklady

    Booklady Powers

    Padraig, I just deleted a post because I was asking if anyone knew anything about Fr. Michel before Mark Mallet's et al.'s new website, its name escapes me, and Byron answered with Christine Watkin's book, where she recounts Father's early life.

    But has anyone in the forum heard of Father MIchel's locutions earlier than 2019?
     
    Seagrace, Mary's child and padraig like this.
  3. Booklady

    Booklady Powers

    Thank you Byron. Do you know if Christine's books cites where she obtained this information? An interview perhaps, or other primary source?
     
    Mary's child likes this.
  4. padraig

    padraig Powers

    So many, many questions you would no know where to start. When Padre Pio was still alive I followed him for years reading up on him before I believed fully. The Father is totally believed with a few utube videos at once on his very own evidence.
     
    Seagrace and Booklady like this.
  5. Byron

    Byron Powers

  6. Byron

    Byron Powers

    Agree, but those were different times. Today, with technology we can investigate someone’s past a lot easier. He’s put himself out there, and he’s a priest. If he’s a fake - he could jeopardize his entire plan for the formation of future priests. But it’s important to investigate. We wouldn’t want another Fr Maciel.
     
    Booklady likes this.
  7. Byron

    Byron Powers

    Nobody is saying we believe in his messages, we just want to give him a chance. Wait and see is our motto. But to tarnish this priest before knowing the true facts, is what has most of us so disappointed.
     
    Booklady likes this.
  8. Byron

    Byron Powers

    Booklady - notice the footnotes: “Fr Michel Rodrigue receives the full support of his Bishop, and all of his locutions and visions are submitted to his local ordinary for approval.”
     
  9. Byron

    Byron Powers

    We should know who is his spiritual director?
     
    Booklady likes this.
  10. padraig

    padraig Powers

    There is a story about St John of the Cross which springs to mind (St John was a Doctor of the Church and one of the greatest Lights in mystical Theology who ever lived.)

    One time in Spain a nun sprang up who Gathered a huge reputation of being a great Saint and mystic and the news of whose visions and messages from heaven spread throughout the whole of the Kingdom.

    St John was asked to exercise Discernment in this grave matter and travelled to see the lady with another Brother. On meeting this nun St John asked her,.

    'I have come to see the saint. where is she?'

    To which the nun replied,

    'I am she!'

    Without another word the saint turned round and left her.

    The brother, who was with St John was confused and hurried after him and asked St John,

    'Father we have travelled across Spain to see this lady why do you leave her?'

    To which the saint said shaking his head.

    'I already have my answer, it was in her reply'.

    You may indeed have many questions to ask. I have none.

    I have already heard my answer in the reply.


    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  11. Booklady

    Booklady Powers

    I agree Byron, at this rate it is best to be careful how we speculate.

    Thank you for the Watkins information. In that page you posted, the sentence she uses is very interesting and central to this case. She sates that " Father Michel Rodrigue receives full support of his bishop, and all of his locutions and visions are submitted to his local ordinary for approval."

    Is this "local ordinary" mentioned by Watkins, one and the same person as Bishop Lamay? Or is this another person? Who is it?

    Also has anyone heard Fr. Michel say that he submits all his visions and locutions to the local ordinary?

    Knowing this will shed more light and help us understand the situation better.

    ( Edited because I left out "for" before approval in the second paragraph.)
     
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  12. Byron

    Byron Powers

    AHA! I don’t know. But we should know.
     
  13. Booklady

    Booklady Powers

    I agree, Padraig, we need more information. Father Michel has been receiving these locutions all of his life, so one must ask, are there any corroborating articles about this in any publication, Catholic or secular? There was plenty with Father Pio, not always favorable, his order came down hard on this wonderful Saint, but he prevailed.
     
    padraig likes this.
  14. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Yeah there was a boat load of bad stuff about Padre Pio going right up to Popes, Cardinals, and even his own Archbishop who was wild against him.

    But when you read his Spiritual Diaries you can see at once he was huge saint.

    I don't worry when folks are against things. I worry more when folks get crazy for.

    Padre Pio never went round telling audiences about his wonderful stuff.

    Other folks did this .
     
  15. Byron

    Byron Powers

    Mary's child and Booklady like this.
  16. Byron

    Byron Powers

    I agree it all sounds crazy, outlandish, unreal, but who knows? Padre Pio’s life was also difficult to believe. In the book Fr Michel does say - “God the Father has revealed many things to me about the near future, all of which I have shared with my bishop.”

    Again, we don’t know. But will soon find out.
     
    Mary's child and Booklady like this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    "Also, no previous statements posted on this website were intended to imply that Fr. Michel's messages had his Bishop's explicit approval; only that Fr. Michel himself, as a priest in good standing, enjoyed the support of his Bishop. Fr. Michel’s statement that he “tells everything” to the Bishop does not, therefore, mean that the Bishop endorses any or all of Fr. Michel’s messages."
    This is from Countdown to the Kingdom website, and if you click on Fr. Michel, you will find the full statement.
    So Fr. Michel has made a statement that he tells everything to the Bishop. (the local ordinary, I think, is the local bishop, correct me if I am wrong.) at any rate, Fr. Michel is on record as saying that he tells everything to the Bishop.:eek:
     
    Seagrace, Mary's child and Booklady like this.
  18. Byron

    Byron Powers

    And the Bishop states he does not believe in his visions, era of peace, Warning, etc. We know this. The question is did the Bishop tell the truth about not receiving or knowing about Fr Michel’s messages before the email from Catholic Answers?
     
  19. Byron

    Byron Powers

    Most of us find that hard to believe.
     
  20. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    It really doesn’t matter in the long run because the Bishop always has the final
    say over these matters whether we like
    him or not, or agree with him or not. That’s the fact of the matter.
     
    Christy1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page