Endgame

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mac, Sep 15, 2016.

  1. SgCatholic

    SgCatholic Guest

    Almost all the changes mentioned happened with Vatican II, did they not?
    I've often pondered about it, and have difficulty accepting that the changes were inspired by the Holy Spirit. What should a faithful Catholic think and do?
     
  2. I have had lots and lots of doubts over the years. I think it was all part of my spiritual journey. We must always remember that God has not left His church, and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. I do firmly believe that the Mass is still valid, and we must soldier on. When the truth comes out and Jesus reveals to us what actually went on, we will understand fully then. Now, we see through a glass darkly, St. Paul's words. For now, we still have the Holy Catholic Church, and when it is time to go underground we will know. Read "God Speaks, Will You Listen" by Verne Dagenais. It can be found in its entirety online. On p. 45 your question will be answered.
    If I knew how to upload, I would do it.
     
    SgCatholic likes this.
  3. And I guess what many faithful Catholics do is just continue their devotions and we go on the best way we know how in the face of these sins of the world, in the Church, and outside the Church. The Lord and Blessed Mother will lead us.
     
    djmoforegon and SgCatholic like this.
  4. padraig

    padraig Powers

    [​IMG]
     
  5. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    The Mass has become so protestant. There is no doubt about that.

    Luther would have accepted the new Mass.

    High Anglican services are more Catholic than our Mass.

    I love the Mass but know that we could improve upon what we have but getting a consensus is well nigh impossible.
     
    SgCatholic likes this.
  6. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    As I see it, the changes didn't come from Vatican II, but from a hijacking of it by opportunists.
     
  7. SgCatholic

    SgCatholic Guest

    Who were/are these opportunists? ( Not challenging you; just a sincere question)

    I'd like to think that even though the changes have not been for the best, Catholics who adapted to the changes have done so in good faith, trusting in the shepherds who lead us.
     
    HeavenlyHosts and DeGaulle like this.
  8. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    The prime one was a chap called Hannibale Bugnini. An appointee of Pius XIIth, he was the primary driver behind the liturgical changes in the Mass. The bishops at the council suggested very limited and cautious change, and let's not forget that even Bishop Fulton Sheen favoured some limited introduction of vernacular. This would not have been a problem, there have always been minor changes over the centuries. Unfortunately the Council gave the Bugnini gang, and there must have been many of them, an inch and they took a country mile. These gangsters were not part of the Council. Like satan during the Passion, they were merely hanging around the edges. Father Hunwicke is very good on all this in his excellent blog, although it would probably need a bit of digging to find it.

    Regarding ordinary Catholics, yes, what can we do, we are meant to obey?

    [It is notable that the name 'Hannibal', common in Italy, has roots in the old pagan God Baal. This was pointed out in a column of Father Hunwicke's only just the other day, titled 'Elephants Never Forget'].
     
    SgCatholic likes this.
  9. josephite

    josephite Powers


    Jesus is still present in Our Holy Novus Ordo Masses!
    He is still there in our tabernacles!


    So the High Anglican mass can climb past the 'milky way' but the Catholic Mass has "Jesus"!, the infinite God of the universe!
    .... so the high Anglican mass pales into the insignificance of the dust that it is!

    The beautiful and Holy Catholic Tridentine and traditional masses, give reverence, splendour and honour to Our Lord Jesus. True!


    And yes, in contrast, in the Novus Ordo Mass, Jesus is dressed in rags!

    However He is still My God and He is still My all, in rags or splendour, Jesus is my God!

    And May we all be privileged to love Him not only in His Resurrection but also during His passion and in the humiliation of His Cross!



    So the real question is......... do we only want to love Jesus in the splendour?, of the Tridentine Mass? or will we love Jesus in His rags and in the poverty of the Novus Ordo Mass?


    For here surely, Jesus is clothed in the distressing disguise of the poor and He is begging for our Love!
     
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    sterph, Mario, djmoforegon and 2 others like this.
  10. I agree with the above, and I thank you for the Padre Pio picture and meditation. Yes! We still have the True Presence.
     
    DeGaulle and josephite like this.
  11. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    A great post and I fully agree with everything you say. But I am greedy! I want Our Lord, and I want Him dressed in the most heavenly splendour possible, too!
     
    Praetorian, SgCatholic and josephite like this.
  12. Harper

    Harper Guest

    A sign of the Endgame (lighter note).

    On another thread, some people got into Irish vs. American, or even "American American." This is what Americans think when they think Irish. Even in Boston, the most Irish city in America, no one under 60 has any real feeling for or understanding of Ireland. They do, however, listen to the Dropkick Murphys.
    View attachment 5432
    You Don't Need to Leave Home to Drink in an Irish Pub Anymore
    While some nights call for a fancy dinner or a martini at a nice bar, sometimes you just want to have a few pints with friends at an Irish pub. But what if there isn't a pub nearby? Luckily a company in Boston came up with the perfect solution. The Paddy Wagon is an inflatable Irish pub that shows up wherever you want the party. Think kids bouncy house, only for adults, complete with Irish food, beer and whiskey.

    With the goal of recreating an authentic pub atmosphere, each Paddy Wagon comes with "brick walls" and a fake fireplace. It doesn't get much better than that. The larger version of the pub can hold up to 80 people, and the smaller can be used for more quaint occasions. So whether you want to host a fun engagement party or a coworker's birthday, you have options with this inflatable pub.

    To round out the Irish experience, the company can even offer real Irish entertainment: everything from live fiddlers to Irish dancers to Irish wolf hounds.

    https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2016/...-leave-home-to-drink-in-an-irish-pub-anymore/
     
    Carol55, josephite and DeGaulle like this.
  13. Mac

    Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

    Carol55 likes this.
  14. Carol55

    Carol55 Ave Maria

    This is a bit shocking I expected to only read more about the emails which Assange will be making public soon, the article does mention this but not this, "This could take one of two forms – a large scale Islamic terror attack on U.S. soil – which would directly benefit Trump – or a military escalation with Russia – which would almost certainly benefit Clinton because Hillary could claim that Trump has been cozying up to Vladimir Putin."
     
  15. DeGaulle

    DeGaulle Powers

    You don't need to be a Princeton professor to speculate like that. There is nothing there that one couldn't assume from a working knowledge of current affairs. For all we know the Second Coming might occur in October. Now that would certainly 'rock' the presidential race.
     
    Mac likes this.
  16. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

    As everything continues to fall apart I am reminded of the words of Our Lady at Akita:

    "...The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son."

    This line has always haunted me because of the absence of the mention of the Eucharist to sustain us through the dark period. I wonder if at some point we will not have regular access to priests, etc. That is truly scary.
     
    Seagrace and Carol55 like this.
  17. Carol55

    Carol55 Ave Maria

    Member Garabandal posted this quote not too long ago also and I pm'd him about "the Sign Left by My Son". You observed the same thing which I did, this sign is not the Eucharist because that is not a sign. Is the sign the cross? or Is the sign going to be the sign left at Garabandal after the Miracle? or at Medjugore? But it appears that there will be one sign, "the sign". Or am I reading into this too much?
     
  18. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

    I think the type of Mass that we as Catholics offer Him is important.
    After all it is us deciding how we want to "dress Him up".
    I prefer to do it with all the splendor possible, not rags.
    Make mine Tridentine :)
     
    DeGaulle likes this.
  19. padraig

    padraig Powers

    When I was in Chicago I fell in with a small group of very young African Americans from the South Side whose chosen profession..of so they claimed was bank robbery. When I told them I was form Ireland they were amazed. , they siad, 'You mean Irleand , Irleand?' Is there any other? :D:D To my own amazement they told me they were Irish themselves. Lisitng in support a whole stream of antecedents from the old country. :);) I was touched by this.

     
  20. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

    I am not a believer in Medjugorje. I don't think you are reading too much into it. It appears there will be an actual sign. I think the sign left for us will be more akin to what St. Faustina predicted.

    Jesus told St. Faustina:
    "Write this:
    before I come as a the Just Judge,
    I am coming first as the King of Mercy.
    Before the day of justice arrives,
    there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort:
    All light in the heavens
    will be extinguished,
    and there will be a great darkness
    over the whole earth.
    Then the sign of the cross
    will be seen in the sky,
    and from the openings
    where the hands and the feet
    of the Savior
    were nailed will come forth
    great lights which will light up the earth
    for a period of time.
    This will take place shortly before the last day."
     
    Carol55 likes this.

Share This Page