Difficulty forgiving someone

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, May 10, 2018.

  1. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    My own experience was in fact very simple, I found the grace to fall prostrate and beg the Holy Spirit to take control, I begged that I was so weak and unable to do Gods will,I asked the Holy Spirit for help and was answered and freed immediately. I feel we don't implore the help of the Holy Spirit enough..
     
  2. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    I’m a new problem of anger now, this has happened two or three times so far, I’ll commit a mortal sin, and then afterwards because of the anger and frustration over falling yet again, I start having these really angry thoughts thoughts over various issues.

    At least these have become physically violent.
     
  3. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    A priest told me one time that when we take hold of the handlebars, the bicycle ends up in the ditch every time. It’s an amusing but true way to explain that we have to keep trying to let go, and let God.
    I like that Quis asked the Holy Spirit to take control
    We need to admit to God that we are not in control
    I find that I need to relinquish control often
     
    RosaryWielder and gracia like this.
  4. padraig

    padraig Powers

    If you can find one I believe you need a really good competant Spiritual Director.

    I would ask myself the question first if those sins you regard as mortal are in fact mortal sins. But this is the kind of thing you need to discuss in praivate with a priest you have confidence in as a guide.
     
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    RosaryWielder and gracia like this.
  5. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Praying for you tonight and through the week for a good guide and much wisdom. Come Holy Spirit.
     
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    RosaryWielder and gracia like this.
  6. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    I’m having difficulty distinguishing between letting God taking control and failing to fight bad thoughts, there have been times where I try to ignore bad thoughts and pray, but then the bad thoughts end up swallowing me up.
     
  7. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    I’m getting angry at myself again, I know what needs to be done but I just can’t do it and I’m just furious with myself over it.
     
  8. Have you tried strenuous physical activity? Going to the gym helps me.
     
    RosaryWielder likes this.
  9. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Yes, I do have a few options available for increasing my exercise, the only difficulty is trying to work them into my schedule.

    I'll try to look into things, and find times are available.
     
  10. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    I do feel a bit better today, I'm trying to use Youtube's Adorcast more to help me with my serious issues.
     
    gracia likes this.
  11. RosaryWielder

    RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

    Thanks, I've started looking into moving to Kamloops again, that's the only place I can think of nearby, where there is a Spiritual director available who is an actual priest.
     
    gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.

Share This Page