Devil vs. Having More Kids

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by PurpleFlower, Feb 21, 2021 at 9:16 PM.

1. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Yes, I think of that quote often and am very intrigued by it! I'm hoping it means God will protect faithful Catholic families so their children can repopulate the earth after bad things come.

Heidi and Sam like this.
  2. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Yes I get those reactions sometimes even with only 3. My own FIL said, "You do know how that happens, right?" when hubby and I announces I was pregnant a 3rd time. But you know what I've noticed since Covid? People are generally so happy to see my kids. Most people don't take theirs in public much these days. Mine are often the only ones in the grocery store, and they are fawned over by both the elderly and college-aged kids. I think people are lonely and miss children.

Mario, Sam, DesertStar7 and 1 other person like this.
  3. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Wow, wonderful! I would love any advice you have to give! How did you keep peace in your home and not lose your mind when you had toddlers? Lol

Heidi, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Your story really speaks to my heart. I have become convinced that one never regrets one's children, only those one didn't have. I have four children, including twins; there were four under the age of five (!) and I regret not having another one after the twins. I am sure that had both sets of parents been really enthusiastic, we would have. I was afraid of what they would say. I'm sure I could have brought the husband round.

When pregnant with my second child, a daughter, I had a number of spiritual experiences. On the official start of my pregnancy (the last time a woman knows she's NOT pregnant) I was praying after Mass before the Blessed Sacrament. I wasn't thinking holy thoughts, I made a point of this practice because our parish priest had lost his faith and I wished to make a non-verbal witness... and I had a locution: 'I am sending you a daughter'. Well I knew that I wasn't already pregnant! Driving home, I stopped for donuts as I always did, and then on the road back a car drove into me and later blamed me for this. I had a terrible time of worry (in a foreign country as an outsider) and a grubby feeling of having broken a law, when a policeman friend told me I had been in the right and so I was vindicated. I had strong feelings of consolation throughout my pregnancy and just before I gave birth another horrible event occurred in which I was accused unjustly. Again I was exonerated but I had a feeling that this was satan at work to undermine me. My eldest daughter has always had a very strong faith, even considering the religious life. She is now a wife and mother and would love to have a large family but having married late and with complications around pregnancy, it seems unlikely now. She has two gorgeous boys, born close together (though not as close as Purple Flower's second child!) and she would like at least one more. In the past she has had spiritual experiences which suggest the Lord has plans to use her.

My second daughter is happily married and has one beautiful little girl, a red-head, as I was, who is the apple of her eye. This daughter seems to have a vocation to motherhood, she's so patient and devoted. It broke my heart when she said that there will be no more children, the 'excuse' being that they could never love another child as much as this one. I don't believe it for a minute. Her twin sister and I think it's the husband's idea and not hers. The only people I know who have only children are/were: elderly parents, unwell or who seriously disliked motherhood. I and her twin are praying that this will change. To deliberately have only the one child when circumstances would make another very easy, seems selfish and unnatural. I wake up each day mourning this dreadful decision but knowing there is nothing I can do. My daughter lives at the other side of the world because of her husband's job. Her twin believes that her conditions for moving were to have a house with garden and a family. My heart aches and I don't know what I can say to help. I think I should say nothing at all. The contraceptive mentality is evil.

Lumena, Heidi, Mario and 4 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

The last line of your post says it all. The contraceptive mentality is evil.
    So sad. Keep praying. I will pray as well.

6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

True.

I volunteered a couple of years at my last Protestant church (2010 - 2015) to help with their Wednesday night "Salt & Light" program. I took money / made change, helped with cooking and dishing up and later cleaning up. Four hours spent in and around kids.

The rush of energy those kids brought with them -- WOW. :)

Needed!

7. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

I have not figured that out just yet! My youngest is almost 3 months old, and my oldest is 19.

8. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Oh wow, you're still in the trenches! Congrats on your new little one, and I'll pray for you as well!

Sam, Heidi and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Who knows a child better than its parents. God often sends people dreams and intuitions and little signs about their children.

PurpleFlower and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Each one a golden step higher in heaven.

[​IMG]

11. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

God bless you, Heidi!

PurpleFlower, Heidi and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

What a wonderful story! Yes you can see it coming in the USA where we may be like China, forced to only have a few children! I too was blessed to have dinner with then Bishop Burke and receive his blessing. Back then he was the Bishop of my diocese in La Crosse. God bless you and your family!

Mario and PurpleFlower like this.
  13. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

Thank you!

14. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

My encounter with Cardinal Burke was something I'll never forget! He was here in TX to say a pro-life Mass, so I drove out to attend, and as I was about to pass him out the door afterwards, I suddenly decided to go to him and ask for his prayers that I'd be able to have more children. He held my hands and prayed for me and I felt like I was in the hands of a saint! I learned later that praying for those with infertility is something particularly dear to his heart, and he used to regularly hold masses of healing for them.

Mario and Sam like this.
  15. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I was a stay-at-home mother and never regretted it. However there were times when they tested my patience.... I found the companionship of friends a lifesaver at this time. Whenever we moved house I used to ask the Lord to send me friends - on the spiritual level. When we had our stint in the US I found a network of women through La Leche League and one remains a friend to this day. She was a Christian and we would call each other when things got rough. She once called me sobbing, I could hear her son screaming in the background. She ended the call saying that it was so helpful just to have someone to talk to who understands. Back in England, in a town I didn't know, I asked the Lord for a good friend and he sent me Bernie, another Catholic mother, and we have been besties for over 30 years. As backup when the children were squalling, it really helps to have other people in the same boat, and who think as we do.

LLL isn't always a sure fire winner - my eldest daughter who lives in the US didn't make any close friends through it. Couple to Couple League might be a good source of friends.

Sam, PurpleFlower and Mario like this.
  16. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Having a friend like that sounds wonderful! My main friend is my little sister, who is pregnant with her third, but so far she doesn't relate too well with my stress because her kids have really easy-going temperaments. Mine are highly-sensitive and strong-willed, so nearly everything is a battle or source of tears. When I reach out to her for solidarity, there's not much she can say other than "That sounds awful" lol.