Countdown to the Kingdom

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by bflocatholic, Mar 26, 2020.

  1. Joan J

    Joan J HolySpiritCome!

    Thank you for such an eloquent commentary.

    I have a friend who seemingly will only discuss those that are historically approved, nothing pending. I've stopped sharing anything new w her.
     
    Byron, earthtoangels and Booklady like this.
  2. Joan J

    Joan J HolySpiritCome!

    My mom was from a family of outspoken Italians. She didn't like Trump for other reasons :whistle:. Just sayin.
     
    Booklady likes this.
  3. Christy1983

    Christy1983 Guest

    Yes, I know about Maria Esperanza. She is a Servant of God, and I accept whatever the Church accepts about her, and her apparitions. I have heard about the rose. I also know about "stigmata." BUT, are you saying symbols, lettering, also happened on Maria Esperanza's skin? Or are you talking, generally, about some "other mystics." I have not heard of words appearing on skin to send "messages from God" before. Please, point me to any examples.

    I do not believe Sonda Abrahams has had "scrutiny" by the Church. And, of course, she has not had acceptance by her bishop. So, I do not accept, blindly, things people post on the internet/YouTube about her, without any confirmation.

    No, I am not new to the Faith. I was in the Charismatic movement, many years. I saw much good! I met someone I believe is a saint. I also saw misuse of real gifts. I saw false messengers spread false "words of knowledge." And I met many people too, too attracted to excitement.

    Also, I have seen the great damage people do, with false claims, with sensationalism. I had a friend, dying of cancer, years ago. She went to a healing service. The "healing priest" told her she would be completely healed by Christmas! It was in the fall. When she died the next year, in great pain, her father left the Church for a while.

    And, I never watched "Unsolved Mysteries." (They also did UFOs, didn't they?)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020
    Advocata Nostra likes this.
  4. Part 10 of 10 of talk by Sondra Abrahams where she mentions this "miracle picture" of Jesus Crucified. I have this pic somewhere and hope to relocate it. Out usual depictions of crucified Christ....esp. in our Churches.....are so "cleaned up"....no wonder people don't have the understanding of just how brutal these acts against the Body of Christ were:

    [​IMG]

     
  5. Julie Jahenny for one:

    a cross and a flower appeared on her chest with the words ‘O Crux Ave’, (Hail to the Cross)
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


    Christy1983:

    And, I never watched "Unsolved Mysteries." (They also did UFOs, didn't they?)

    And the Church is probably one of the first trusted examiners of UFOs in history w/ their one of a kind, at the time, infrared lens telescope.....and admittedly still looks to deep space with these scientific helps for such evidence of alien life. The various governments of the world also test the various experiences of "UFOs"...esp. by trained spotters who fly the skies....as has recently been reported. Fr. Michel Rodrigue spoke of his own experiences of being followed by such kinds of alien objects to which he simply pointed his crucifix up towards to witness the immediate flight away of such! Ah, such simple faith gifted to the obviously chosen....esp. for these times. The mystics are those who can identify that which science can never completely decide upon.....in this case, simply, it's diabolical!

    There is a rich and vast area of even yet to be documented witness experiences of what will never be fully examined...esp in the realm of personal discernment as even you yourself admit to in your own personal experience:

    I was in the Charismatic movement, many years......I met someone I believe is a saint.


    So within your own personal experiences you made a discernment about someone whom I would bet had not as yet been fully approved by the Church!!! Not that different from the man born blind in scripture where when those around him were too frightened by the religious authorities of the time who claimed the man must have been a sinner from birth, when asked he simply stated that all he knew was that he had been blind and now he could see through the actions (which would be thought of as silly today) of the man, Jesus!

    If it weren't for the grassroots faithful bringing those they believed were saints or mystics to the light, prior to any notice by Church authorities, such chosen ones would probably never have gotten the attention necessary and willed by God in order to spread God's purposes for them to the world. We all have a role to play in God's plan...esp. when the institutional Church is awol!
     
    Byron, Booklady, Joan J and 2 others like this.
  6. ellen

    ellen Ellen

    Im ( sort of ) more like Christy when it comes to discernment of seers. Iwill accept the ones that the Church has given approval of ,but hold off on following those that havent had the Churches "stamp of approval" yet. Even our blessed Mother has told us to obey the church's decisions. I know that the Church has not accepted some early on that were later approved ,but we must go by what the Church has said..... according to Our lady.

    There has been such an onslaught of new visionaries that is hard to keep up! Altho I will read what they all say..I wont necessarily follow or promote them.
    I do get a "gut" feeling about some of them but Im not confident that that in itself is enough for my discernment.

    Like Christy ..the writings on the skin of some makes me question the source of their inspirations. My gut also tells me" uh uh" about Sondra Abraham but I have felt uneasy about Conyers from way back.

    I also find it amazing that even some (on this solidly Catholic forum) heartily believe in and actively promote some seers who have been condemned by the Church. Amazing!!

    Thats my two cents for what its worth.
     
    Julia, AED and Christy1983 like this.
  7. Christy1983

    Christy1983 Guest

    Earth to angels,

    You keep saying things, like Fr. Rodrigue is "obviously chosen." You cannot know this. You should not say this. You are making "facts," out of your own opinions. And, spreading them, as facts, to others. Being "chosen" is "alleged." That is all it can be. Only a bishop, acting in the name of the Church, can rule it otherwise.

    Surely, this is one area, above all else, where Catholics should show humility. Because we know, even saints, can be mistaken. Saint Faustina, she burned her diary on the orders of an "angel," but was really an evil spirit. Her spiritual director made her rewrite it. St. John Paul II, he blessed the work of the founder of Legionaries of Christ, Fr. Marcial Maciel. Yet Maciel was an evil man who abused those in his new order!

    Yes, I met someone I believe is a saint. I would never proclaim this as fact. It is a personal belief. This woman, she would never, ever presume herself to be a saint. She would not "appreciate" someone saying that. Saints do not put themselves forward. Saints, do not want their followers to put them forward.

    Writing on skin, it happens in possession. In the real case, the basis of The Exorcist movie, it really happened! Strange phenomena like this--like "aliens" appearing to a priest!--must be handled very carefully. They can be signs of the presence of the devil. They are red flags, and require examination by prudent bishops and priests appointed by them.

    Let me say, again, People who chase sensation, who repeat anything they hear that is exciting, can do great harm. Fools rush in, where angels fear to tread...

    .
     
  8. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Completely agree. Much prudence is needed. And I agree that we cannot say that Fr Rodrigue is “obviously chosen.” Bishop Lemay has jurisdiction over the investigation. We must wait. We must choose our words wisely so as not to bear
    false witness or mislead others.
     
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  9. Sondra Abrahams is not associated with Conyers. She was praying at the monastery that is near Conyers place of apparitions. Just a little correction. I gave Conyers as only a location point for the monastery and her experience was within the monastery before the tabernacle. Many of her earliest videos were made under the guidance of Archbishop Hannon, the "pope" of New Orleans, one of the great ones, w/ his Focus Videos who simply stated that
    "Sondra's insights are private revelations that one can accept or reject." Obviously no one need be stressed out about that "accepting or rejecting" which always seems to be part of any discussion here when it comes to fully approved or not mystical events.

    Also, I think that people don't include what the Church also allows as guides for those who follow those who may never get a formal commission begun by the local authority. These are various kinds of expert ecclesiastical stamps of approval such as imprimaturs or nihil obstats granted along the way. These stamps offer the discerner the lights to trust writings or the person involved. And it would also appear that people believe that it's always the Vatican that puts some final okay when it's always, except for extraordinary situations, the local authority. And, that authority must follow the protocol for such formal judgements....which is often abused by such authorities who themselves even openly admit that they do not believe in ANY apparitions or mystical type experiences. In such cases that then would have to be brought up to the proper authority at the Vatican as bias for any fair judgement. A lot of ignorance in this mystical arena of the Faith.....esp. in these times where the mystical is mostly totally dismissed by the worldly prelates.

    And again, decisions have been changed or altered.....that is also something that people who believe certain decisions by a current authority are for evermore written in stone. More information could be added on when or if it is discovered at some future time which could alter an "official" opinion. Faustina's misunderstood writings are one obvious example of that.
     
    Booklady, Julia and Sam like this.
  10. AED

    AED Powers

    I have too have learned to "test the spirits." Our only protection is the discernment of the Church exercising its proper authority through the bishops. Otherwise we are at the mercy of demonic deceptions at the worst or over active imaginations or pathology. I dont want to "quench the spirit" but that obedience is our protection
     
    Booklady, Beth B, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  11. I didn't say that Fr. Rodrigue was "obviously chosen" but that such simple faith is given to those who ARE obviously chosen and that is one criteria to use (I use) w/ discernment. JPII was the one who emphasized that discernment must include reason w/ faith. It is thus reasonable to use such criteria during one's own individual discernment while taking a look at those who have a history of mystical experiences that have born fruit and have their own witnesses of such. To know the difference between what is good and what is evil is a quality that seems to be missing from perhaps even a majority of prelates these days. Beyond all of the possibilities that can occur within mystical experiences of even saints due to defective human nature in general since the fall, one has to make a decision.....or one can remain as a feather blown in the wind, fearful of ever even permitting themselves to discern anyone. Christ Himself has stated that those who constantly sit on the fence He vomits out of His mouth. People who are experts in eschatology, often recognized by the Church, are not "fools who rush in..." or "people who chase sensation" but those gifted with the expertise to help those faithful who are seriously interested in such helps from heaven, esp. at such a time of such grave error within the institutional church, discern in such questions. Experience with more and more such spiritual phenomena is vitally important in discerning just who are believable and who should not be in the running. They are the ones that local authorities must source in order to get that info that is necessary when making any kind of judgement. Without such one could not trust with certainty if a judgement made was complete and without bias. And heaven continues to send more such prophets of today because many of the most important and accepted mystical guides given w/ their individual demands were not fulfilled. Thank God for His continuing help for such wayward children.

    So why do you make allowance only for yourself then in your personal "belief that someone you met is a saint" or who would pass those qualifications that you use to make such a decision? Others who make such discernments about others here do nothing more or less than you admit that you do yourself. Why so discriminating then re: others who also go through life deciding upon those most necessary "lights" given not only for themselves but for many others to stay the path? God would not have told us to "seek and you will find" if such seeking was to be so fearful....and many lights get snuffed out these days due to the pride of those who should have at least as much interest as those they have the duty to guide in Truth.

    If one must deny any such "unapproved" person who is caught up in the mystical dimension then I don't see the purpose of visiting such topics since there is obviously that door shut to him/herself's own discerning "permission". Is there one particular unapproved person who would qualify for giving the thumbs up by one who won't allow for anyone but those whom the Church has declared of final judgement of proven supernatural? Because such decisions, as the recent one re: Our Lady of America, can say that there were no supernatural foundations for those experiences of Sr. Mildred Neuzil but still allowed for devotion of just those fruits that resulted only from the supernatural. Those are the elements that are off the chart these days within the "politics" of the authorities we have!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
    Byron likes this.
  12. True....but until the subject in question is fully condemned by the Church one certainly is free to continue to discern w/ many of the permissions also granted by the Church. Most decisions seem to fall within the middle possibility....that the subject in question can be further discerned, leaving it open for further discovery. The Church can only give guidance otherwise. Of course if something is judged to be of supernatural origins that is a great comfort for those who had already discerned such!
     
    Booklady, AED and heyshepard like this.
  13. Christy1983

    Christy1983 Guest

    Earth to angels,

    In the past, I remember, members here filled pages of MoG, with posts from "Locutions to the World." These messages, they filled multiple threads! Of course, they all proved to be false. It turned out Msgr. Esseff, the "alleged" spiritual director/famous exorcist, had quit the group!

    LTTW, took away time from prayer, from reading scripture, from adoration, from good deeds/charity. Reading "Locutions," posting them, ate up much time and effort, and had no value, at the end. (This is not to mention, all the posts on other failed messengers.)

    The same thing now, many messages, multiple threads, about "Countdown" alleged prophets. But, do those who post pages of Fr. Rodrigue messages, for example, have no worries about misleading people, by promoting false messages? No worries, people will be upset/will take rash actions, as a result of reading things not true?
    .
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
    Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. Tanker

    Tanker Powers

    A change of subject.....kind of.

    Was there not a seer recently that said something about the US and July 4th and war or destruction? I do not believe anything happened yesterday here of great importance. Maybe I am wrong as I don't follow the msm.

    I don't ask this to start trouble, that is the LAST thing I want to do. But if there was a prophecy about this, and I think I remember there was, this is something to consider for that alleged seer. I love to read the prophecies and what people say. But it is obvious that some words people are getting are not from Heaven. I really trust the Church and so try to give "Church approved " a better listen than all the others.

    I love the back and forth on this forum. It isn't an echo chamber, imo. People do speak up if they believe different. So it has been a good thing for me to read the posts about prophecies.
     
    Don_D, Booklady, Julia and 4 others like this.
  15. ellen

    ellen Ellen

    I think one thing that we have to be aware of is..... just because we don't "see" anything happening as predicted... doesn't mean that it hasn't taken place in the spiritual world. Just like prayers that we "think" have not been answered may well have been answered in ways that we just cant "see".
     
    Julia, Sam, earthtoangels and 4 others like this.
  16. My my you do set yourself over those who are in the same boat as yourself...obviously you also follow the latest of what you would like to warn others to stay far from! Unfortunately you often expose the fact that you rely on a lack of complete background facts in your personal assessments of others. Oops! I see that you edited your judgements a bit from the comment I received via email. That's a good sign.....not to infer or implicate w/ your personal but limited understanding. Good that you left that particular insinuation out. But unfortunately here you didn't catch yourself prior to projecting false info re: Msgr. Esseff as "quitting the group"! Speak not of leading others astray esp. when it comes to the realm of good opinion about a faithful one when you don't have the background yourself. The fact that you use the term "alleged" re: him also shows you ought to get facts closer to home before projecting only the limits to your own understanding upon the innocent and good. Can't get them?....then simply refrain from trading misinformation.

    Heaven has a Divine Will and tells us what that is. But then we have a free will to conform, obey or not. Often because of that free will or the willful ignorance and sin of the Church that Divine Will is thwarted....as in so many well known visits from heaven; even Fatima as we would not now be on the brink of another even greater major war if we had simply complied or even been better informed by the Church.....we chart our own way and then wind up falling into what had been warned against.
     
    Julia likes this.
  17. Christy1983

    Christy1983 Guest

    "...The purported heavenly messages date back to December 10, 2010. For the first few years, they were vetted by a prominent and well respected Catholic priest named Monsignor John Essef, a diocesan priest of Scranton, PA., who was a spiritual director for Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Up until recently, the following statement from Monsignor Essef was published on the Locutions.org website:

    "For many years, I have been director for a special soul. Five years ago, Jesus and Mary began to speak to this soul through the gift of locutions (as described by John of the Cross). These locutions now total over 800. I have discerned the validity of these locutions. Until now, these locutions were personal teachings given for the small community that gathered in prayer. Beginning on December 10, 2010, a new phase began, namely, some locutions were to be told to the whole world...."

    However, in mid-2014, Monsignor Essef's statement and name was completely removed from the website. I have privately been informed from two different reliable sources that Monsignor Essef publicly disassociated himself with the alleged locutionist back in 2014, even using a lawyer to have his name and picture removed from the Locutions.org website..."

    https://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2015/09/locutions-to-world-false-visionary.html
     
    HeavenlyHosts, Frodo and AED like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

    HeavenlyHosts Powers

    Hi, Tanker. The reference to July 4th was made on Emmett O'Regan's blog, Unveiling the Apocalypse. He mentioned that there was an alignment of planets that had occurred in the past, as well. It occurred again on July 4, yesterday. And as Ellen said, we might not know the significance of it because events may have happened in the spiritual realm. He is not a seer. He just writes a blog and interprets events and approved prophecy with the book of Apocalypse. He has a different approach and it is very Catholic. I was the one who mentioned July 4, on this forum and also I think, non sum dignus.
    It was not in any way a prophecy of war, but it was Emmett's interpretation that we are coming to the end of the time that God allowed Satan to wreck the Church.
     
    Don_D, Beth B, Katfalls and 5 others like this.
  19. Although Msgr Esseff's local chancery told him to refer all inquiries to them and he took his name off the public messages as vetting them (as P. Benedict took his name from that controversial reply) he continued to believe in the particular messenger for whom he was a spiritual advisor. The messenger was not of his diocese and that authority who instructed Msgr. Esseff also stated that the messenger was not under his jurisdiction. So your "informers" were ill informed. He continued to stand behind the "locutionist".
     
  20. Yes, and sometimes what was expected did not take place due to human interference.....as when the children of Fatima were told to return for a specific vision of the Blessed Mother.....so the crowds gathered as before in expectation but she did not appear. That was due to the interference of the local civilian authorities who arrested the children. Our Lady then appeared separately to the children out in the fields.

    Then there are those who use for instance what our Lady said in Medj re: there not being a 3rd world war when that could have referred to the genocide Balkan wars that were taking place evolving into the WWIII.....but that statement is still referred to when speaking of the possibility of the 3rd world war in the future as yet as we see the violence of nation being against nation and things ratcheting up these days....and more recent messages referring to a possible 3rd world war.
     
    Booklady likes this.

Share This Page