Countdown to the Kingdom

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by bflocatholic, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Christy1983

Christy1983 Principalities

Fatima, I went and looked! In posts on Pope Francis, much "dispute" between Mark Mallett, Daniel O'Connor, and Peter Bannister, and those against things Pope Francis said. Papal Puzzlery thread, for one. You, yourself, said, "I give Mark Mallett allot of credit. He knew it would not be pretty coming into MOG lions den.." "Dispute" is the right word.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  2. As I am a new member, I did not know anything about this.

Joan J and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

I don't know if they "left" due to any suggested "deeper" nefarious reason but they each have their own work and writing that too has grown and so their contribution here of offering their experienced and educated judgement and insights ended. With all they do they more than likely did not have the time nor notion to correct or get into any disagreements about their own work. Waste of time. They offered it out of a desire to help others who were seeking to understand more w/ deeper insights and interpretations. Now those truly interested in their work can find it very well put together w/o confusion or divided up, at their own sites and the joint one of "Countdown to the Kingdom". So let's not begin another gossip type approach towards these good persons.

The latest offering on that "combo" site re: the helps offered via many chosen messengers for these times, which I linked to above, is very well done and a service to those who wish to find again specific helps as new interested people ask w/o spending a lot of time re-researching them.

I'm sure that those who would like to continue to "dispute" with their thinking, now that that subject has come up here, will more than likely form a new thread just for that purpose too! Never ends!

Sam and MMM like this.
  4. Christy1983

But, knowing the background of "Countdown" founders, helps "discern" the information they post, and to judge if they are "trustworthy." Why label as gossip, when their action was public, and, supposedly, on principle?

It is positively true, they were members, they felt they had to leave.* Peter Bannister said,

"Although I do so with a heavy heart, given that the stance I have taken publicly in my book No False Prophet no longer appears compatible with the line taken by this forum, I will no longer be contributing to MOG for the foreseeable future unless something radical changes. I cannot possibly endorse the present stance regarding Pope Francis, I'm very sorry to say..."

Let me add, Bannister dedicated his book to Charlie Johnson. Now, he is trying to instruct people in the future of the world/Church, on a new website with many untested messengers. Does that help people, to make a decision on "Countdown"? I believe it does.

*edited

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  5. Christy1983

For discernment... One more, from Daniel O'Connor, also a "Countdown" founder, which, I think, points to dispute. Was on "Proof Pope Francis in bed with George Soros" thread. A remark aimed at directly at another forum (staff) member,*

"The true madness here is the blind inability to see the distinction between, on the one hand, respectful criticism and, on the other hand, wrathful, venomous, uncharitable, assuming, resentful demeanors and charges against the one person on Earth who commands the most respect. I have issued my fair share of the former, even regarding the Pope. But please God forbid I ever succumb to the latter against even the lowest person on Earth, much less the Vicar of Christ himself..."

*edited

6. MMM

MMM Archangels

On line forums are not a place to find unity on a grand scale despite some thinking a Catholic forum should. Their very nature is for sharing ideas, opinions and debating topics. They are mostly to provide a social outlet for people from the comfort of work or home hopefully based on common ground from a common interest. (bikes, cars, food, politics etc etc)

Most here believe the tenants of the faith and we are all unified in Christ but some wake up the morning thinking who can I argue with today! ;) I've seen threads go many pages over one word someone said. And commonly see threads where a debate started on page 1 is still going on the exact same with the same people on page 36.....Not always healthy for sure. There is often a mob mentality which dominates forums usually from the long standing members. In the case of MOG, the mob mentality has really dissipated in the last year or 2 which has been is good but many really good people left in the wake of it. There are many, many people on here I really respect and would love to know personally and obviously others it's best skip over.

Bottom line if you are routinely losing your peace, step away, take a break or avoid threads that are doing the polar opposite of growing your faith.

7. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Using the current mode of discussion and purposeful limited background to prove a personal like or dislike it would seem like they made a wise decision. And just which of the messengers on the Countdown to the Kingdom hosting site go "untested"?

My my such efforts of research in order to discredit some good people. If only such effort would also be made to provide the entire context for judgment....both then and now. Or else, Popes and Saints could also be targets for such "enjoyable" and self serving criticism only for the moment.

Fatima likes this.
  8. Rosalia66

Rosalia66 Angels

I absolutely agree! I’ve been praying the same prayer.

I received an email from The Ark and Dove website about an upcoming free online seminar in anticipation for Pentecost Sunday. Below is the link. I navigated around the website and find that this is a charismatic Catholic organization. From what I read Ralph Martin has participated in some their events. So I will include the information just in case anyone is interested in discerning. It begins tomorrow and ends on Pentacost Sunday!

https://www.thearkandthedoveworldwide.org/en/

Evenstar, Fatima and Sam like this.
  9. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Awakening to the Storm
    Posted on May 21, 2020 by Mark

[​IMG]

I HAVE received numerous letters over the years from people saying, “My grandmother talked about these times decades ago.” But many of those grandmothers have long since passed on. And then there was the explosion of the prophetic in the 1990’s with the messages of Fr. Stefano Gobbi, Medjugorje, and other prominent seers. But as the turn of the millennium came and went and expectations of imminent apocalyptic changes never materialized, a certain sleepiness to the times, if not cynicism, set in. Prophecy in the Church became a point of suspicion; bishops were quick to marginalize private revelation; and those who did follow it seemed to be on the fringe of the Church’s life in shrinking Marian and Charismatic circles.

Today, the greatest scoffers of prophecy come, not from without, but within the Church. Any notion of even considering these times in the light of private revelation, much less “end times” Scripture, is met with disinterest, if not derision. Which is not at all the attitude of the early Church. Not only did Jesus openly and readily speak about the signs that would accompany the so-called “end times,” but the writings of Peter, Paul, John, and Jude are saturated with the anticipation of the return of Jesus. It wasn’t until that generation of believers began to pass away that the first pope began to direct the budding Church’s eyes to a long-term vision of God’s salvific plan.

Know this first of all, that in the last days scoffers will come [to] scoff, living according to their own desires and saying, “Where is the promise of his coming? (2 Pet 3:3-4)

And then he explains:

But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day. The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard “delay,” but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. (v. 8-9)

The Early Church Fathers picked up on this and merged it with St. John’s Revelation in 20:6:

…they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for [the] thousand years.

Thus, they taught, the “day of the Lord” would not be a 24 hour day, but that symbolic period of “a thousand years”:

…this day of ours, which is bounded by the rising and the setting of the sun, is a representation of that great day to which the circuit of a thousand years affixes its limits. —Lactantius, Fathers of the Church: The Divine Institutes, Book VII, Chapter 14, Catholic Encyclopedia; www.newadvent.org

That is, the Day of the Lord will have a vigil, a dawn, a midday, and conclude at the end of time with a final clash at twilight (Rev 20:7-10; see the Timeline here). And here’s where it gets really interesting. The Church fathers saw, roughly, that the four thousand years prior to Christ (from the time of Adam) and the two thousand years after Christ, to be symbolic of the six days of creation. Therefore, the “seventh day” or “day of the Lord” would be a day of rest for the Church:

…as if it were a fit thing that the saints should thus enjoy a kind of Sabbath-rest during that period, a holy leisure after the labors of six thousand years since man was created… (and) there should follow on the completion of six thousand years, as of six days, a kind of seventh-day Sabbath in the succeeding thousand years… And this opinion would not be objectionable, if it were believed that the joys of the saints, in that Sabbath, shall be spiritual, and consequent on the presence of God… —St. Augustine of Hippo (354-430 A.D.; Church Doctor), De Civitate Dei, Bk. XX, Ch. 7, Catholic University of America Press

St. Paul taught as much:

And God rested on the seventh day from all his works… Therefore, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God. (Heb 4:4, 9)

In other words, the Early Church was already pointing to this millennium, the period after 2000 A.D., to inaugurate the Day of the Lord. (Note: while the Church condemned the idea that Jesus would return in this time period to reign on earth “in the flesh,” the Church has never condemned precisely what St. Augustine taught: that the joys of the saints in this period “shall be spiritual, and consequent on the presence of God” in the Eucharist and interiorly within His People. See Millenarianism – What It is and Isn’t)

[John Paul II] does indeed cherish a great expectation that the millennium of divisions will be followed by a millennium of unifications… that all the catastrophes of our century, all its tears, as the Pope says, will be caught up at the end and turned into a new beginning. —Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (POPE BENEDICT XVI), Salt of the Earth, An Interview With Peter Seewald, p. 237

After purification through trial and suffering, the dawn of a new era is about to break. —POPE ST. JOHN PAUL II, General Audience, September 10, 2003

The point is this: we do not know the “day or the hour” when Christ will come to reign in us His Church in an Era of Peace,[1] but we will know the proximate time, precisely because He gave us clear signs and teachings to that effect.[2]

So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. (Matthew 24:33)

FROM SCOFFING TO WATCHING

All that said, there is an awakening today to the Great Storm that is now spreading across the earth. People who once smirked at this “end time stuff” are now reconsidering. Such as this young woman:

I just wanted to write to express my gratitude for your dedication and fidelity to God, His Church, and His people. Your emails along with my personal prayer have been my daily bread. They motivate me to not slip into discouragement and complacency and keep me in a constant state of prayer and offering myself to God for the welfare and salvation of as many as possible.

I also want to tell you personally to not be discouraged by faithful Catholics who scoff at what you are saying. I admit that I was one of those at one time, so can attest to the spiritual blindness that many people of good faith still have. My mom whom you know, always would forward your emails to us over the years. I would give them a cursory glance, judge them as paranoid/sensational at worst, or “just not for me” at best. What I now see is that the enemy was using my unhealed wounds to distort and prejudge your words (along with much of God’s Word and Mary’s messages) and I never gave them the proper credit. Nevertheless I strove to do Gods will as best as I could, and so God honored this, and at the proper time, the scales were removed and I could embrace your message.

I have forwarded your emails to several devout Catholic friends. Some have found them deeply helpful, others have had reactions to it the way I used to, which at first shocked and disappointed me until I remembered that, I too, was in their position at one time. I only can pray and trust that their scales will also be removed. I believe they will as they follow God as best as they are able, despite the enemy’s subtle influence on their blind spots.

My sincere apologies for the persecution you are and have been suffering over the years as, I too, was in a subtle way on that train also. As you know, “no good deed ever goes unpunished”! But have Patience and Courage that your suffering and service to the Church will bear Abundant Fruit in the end!

P.S. One thing that won me over to opening my mind and heart to your message was your recent testimony on God’s mercy during your visit to Rome. I felt that someone so rooted in God’s love and Mercy was worth hearing.
    I’ve posted the entirety of this letter primarily to encourage those of you who are being persecuted in your own situation for bravely standing as apostles of Christ and Our Lady. You’re trying to wake up family and friends, but some of them don’t want to hear it. Or they throw words back in your face that you are a “conspiracy theorist”, a “nut-job” or a “religious fanatic.”

In our own time, the price to be paid for fidelity to the Gospel is no longer being hanged, drawn and quartered but it often involves being dismissed out of hand, ridiculed or parodied. And yet, the Church cannot withdraw from the task of proclaiming Christ and his Gospel as saving truth, the source of our ultimate happiness as individuals and as the foundation of a just and humane society. —POPE BENEDICT XVI, London, England, September 18th, 2010; Zenit

More..........

10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Continued......

Don’t be intimidated! Persevere in love, which is like a sword that pierces the heart of the other.[3] They may accept your words, they may reject them. Either way, “love never fails” to evoke some kind of response that stirs the heart, for better or worse. Love never fails to scatter seeds, whether they land on good soil or stones. We are the sowers, but God is the one who makes the seeds grow in His time, His way. But the time is already here, and other events are coming, in which you and I will have to say little more in the way of warning. You don’t have to convince someone that a hurricane is coming when it’s already on top of their house.

I remember a nun who sent one of my writings to her nephews several years ago. He wrote back saying, “Aunty, don’t ever send that crap to me again!” A year later, he re-entered the Catholic Church. When she asked him why, he said, “That writing started it all…” This is why it’s so important for us to be humble, speaking the truth in love. As was said in last Sunday’s Mass readings:

Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope, but do it with gentleness and reverence, keeping your conscience clear, so that, when you are maligned, those who defame your good conduct in Christ may themselves be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that be the will of God, than for doing evil. (1 Pet 3:15-17)

PANDEMIC OF DENIAL
    No writing in the past fifteen years has evoked more response than The Pandemic of Control. It too has helped to awaken many souls to the Storm that is here. I just want to mention that I added a few more facts to that writing so that you could find it all in one place. In particular in the section on population control, where Bill Gates says:

The world today has 6.8 billion people. That’s headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent.TED talk, February 20th, 2010; cf. the 4:30 mark

I added the following two paragraphs:

If by “health care” is meant Big Pharma’s drugs, then it’s working. Prescription drugs are the fourth leading cause of death. In 2015, the total number of individual prescription medications filled at pharmacies was just over 4 billion. That’s nearly 13 prescriptions for every man, woman and child in the United States. According to a Harvard study:

Few people know that new prescription drugs have a 1 in 5 chance of causing serious reactions after they have been approved… Few know that systematic reviews of hospital charts found that even properly prescribed drugs (aside from misprescribing, overdosing, or self-prescribing) cause about 1.9 million hospitalizations a year. Another 840,000 hospitalized patients are given drugs that cause serious adverse reactions for a total of 2.74 million serious adverse drug reactions. About 128,000 people die from drugs prescribed to them. This makes prescription drugs a major health risk, ranking 4th with stroke as a leading cause of death. The European Commission estimates that adverse reactions from prescription drugs cause 200,000 deaths; so together, about 328,000 patients in the U.S. and Europe die from prescription drugs each year. — “New Prescription Drugs: A Major Health Risk With Few Offsetting Advantages”, Donald W. Light, June 27th, 2014; ethics.harvard.edu

Many are awakening right now to The Great Poisoning of humanity, disguised in the friendly words “health care”, “reproductive services” and “family planning.” Many governments and United Nations agencies want to tell us that COVID-19 is the greatest threat to humanity and that every aspect of our lives must now fall under their dominion. As it turns it, it’s the very ones who have penetrated these institutions with their anti-life ideologies that are wreaking havoc on the lives of countless billions in the name of “health care.” St. John Paul II knew this kind of rhetoric was a lie, rooted in what can only be described as a demonic fear driving certain men and women to take unthinkable measures against life itself:

Today not a few of the powerful of the earth act in the same way. They too are haunted by the current demographic growth… Consequently, rather than wishing to face and solve these serious problems with respect for the dignity of individuals and families and for every person’s inviolable right to life, they prefer to promote and impose by whatever means a massive programme of birth control. —POPE JOHN PAUL II, Evangelium Vitae, “The Gospel of Life”, n. 16

After I wrote The Pandemic of Control, someone sent me the following documentary that goes into some stunning detail about the Rockefellers and Bill Gates and how he has a hand in so much of what is being implemented all over the world. Several things written in The Great Corralling appear here as well, tying Gates into it in ways I did not realize until now. You can hear it in his own words, said calmly, almost joyfully. Once you get past the short animated introduction, it’s into some serious journalism…

If YouTube has deleted this (cough), find other links for the video here: corbettreport.com/gatescontrol/

Of course, the mainstream media and social media giants are working overtime to utterly discredit and humiliate anyone who thinks outside of their box, labeling them as “extremists”, “conspiracy theorists” and “anti-vaxxers.” This is not the language of either science or honest intellects but of control and manipulation. Moreover, the hypocritical standards imposed on the Church at this time of pandemic compared to other organizations or businesses,[4] reveals how deeply the spirit of naturalism has possessed this generation.

It’s precisely what the Scriptures warned us to expect.
    But you, beloved, remember the words spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, for they told you, “In the last time there will be scoffers who will live according to their own godless desires.” These are the ones who cause divisions; they live on the natural plane, devoid of the Spirit. But you, beloved, build yourselves up in your most holy faith; pray in the holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in the love of God and wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. On those who waver, have mercy; save others by snatching them out of the fire; on others have mercy with fear, abhorring even the outer garment stained by the flesh. (Jude 1:17-23)

All are invited to join my special fighting force. The coming of my Kingdom must be your only purpose in life. My words will reach a multitude of souls. Trust! I will help all of you in a miraculous way. Do not love comfort. Do not be cowards. Do not wait. Confront the Storm to save souls. Give yourself to the work. If you do nothing, you abandon the earth to Satan and to sin. Open your eyes and see all the dangers that claim victims and threaten your own souls. —Jesus to Elizabeth Kindelmann, The Flame of Love, pg. 34, published by Children of the Father Foundation; Imprimatur Archbishop Charles Chaput

theflyingnun, AED and Booklady like this.
  11. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

So are Akita & La Salette...they are Approved private revelations. Anything after the book of Revelations are private, whether they are approved or (shall I say) pending.

theflyingnun and Booklady like this.
  12. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Fr. Michel said that the Bishop just doesn't believe in refuges, a coming world war, the Warning, the New Era......iow, much of what is contained in what he's been told of in his experiences over many years. So it looks like when he was asked about his personal approval of Fr. Michel's talks about these things he said that he did not approve. He said that these messages were never submitted to him for his approval. That's probably true. Fr. M never said that he had specifically done that, requesting the Bishop's official approval. Apparently he said that he told the Bishop of his experiences as they occurred. One has reason to believe that since what he was told to accomplished by God the Father....founding the new religious apostolic fraternity....he may have referred to it, in English, as an "order", but then his command of English terms and their exact meaning was lacking as he was often helped and corrected which he accepted w/ good humor during his talks. Nevertheless, Fr. M's site has the title of the apostolic fraternity spelled out along with its constitution that also had to have the Bishop's approval. It's all there re: its mission and those who belong to it due to its purpose. He had to have the Bishop's permission to accomplish this task as well as building the two monasteries.....and all of that was contained in his messages. And he said that the Bishop asked him about why the rush to finish the second monastery since it took him some years for first one due to his other responsibilities. So he had to get the Bishop to relieve him of those responsibilities to get that done and give him the reason for it.....that God the Father ordered him to. Now, maybe people think that this Bishop just goes along w/ any of his priests who request such things of him at any time, w/o any explanation, along with that permission to lose their current responsibilities in order to accomplish such things, but I don't buy that. The actions speak to more than that. And Fr. M has obeyed and let people know that the Bishop does not approve of his messages.

It would be nice if the Bishop was asked why he approved of these missions of Fr. M since they were also included in the messages. Did he do that based only on Fr. M's personal request w/o the reasons for the hurried need/in 2020, for second monastery and relief from his diocesan duties to accomplish that? If so then Fr. M was a very favored "son" which this hurried reply from Bishop to inquiries does not back in its accusations. But it wouldn't be the first time that a Bishop has to save face. It's almost a regular happening these days.....unfortunately.

theflyingnun likes this.
  13. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Did you miss the make up of the religious apostolic fraternity which was spelled out? (that's already been quoted btw):

Our Fraternity has three branches: priests and future priests, consecrated persons and families who are committed to fully living their Christian and family life.

Our way of life:

We are a new semi-monastic foundation which combines work and contemplation, pastoral action and the life of prayer and prayer, teaching and Eucharistic adoration. We are beginning our life experience and already we feel how good the Lord is and how He takes care of us.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(It's a beautiful Fraternity)

Definitions of each of the branches:

The priestly branch:

The priests and future priests of the Saint Benedict-Joseph Labres Apostolic Fraternity are chosen and called by the Father to be a blessing for his people. In the Mystery of his Incarnation, Jesus, the beloved Son, gives them a share in the realization of the Will of the Father who wants all his children to be saved. The priests and the future priests are disciples-sent for the proclamation to the world of the Mysteries of the Kingdom. Through the zeal of their love for the Lord, they seek to resemble Christ in all things because Jesus wants to make us pastors according to his Heart. Sometimes they may feel overwhelmed, feeling that they will not be able to do the job, or even feeling unworthy of the call. It is then that all rest on Christ and rediscover joy for the salvation of souls.

The branch of Consecrated Life:

In this branch are found men called to consecrated life who will not be ordained priests. Some may be deacons and collaborate, according to the charism of the Fraternity, in welcoming people, in liberation and healing sessions, in community prayer and in the various activities of the Work. They will live in the same house as the priests and will share the daily report in the joy of the Spirit. They will help people to journey towards meeting Christ. They will make it easier for people to meet the priest in the joy of their witness and their life. The male section of this branch works in close collaboration with the priestly branch and forms with it a fraternal communion of heart and intention. Their patron is Saint Benoît-Joseph Labre as for the priests but the latter will have Saint Jean-Marie Vianney as secondary patron in the Pastoral Mission.

The female section:

The female vocations to Consecrated Life in the Fraternity will have their own House and will live according to the charism of the Fraternity in an apostolic collaboration and an intense life of prayer. They are at the heart of the Fraternity. It is to them that we are asked to offer, pray and unite their actions and their whole being to the Immaculate Heart of Mary at the foot of the cross. Because the Virgin of the manger is the one who kept all these events in her Heart for the Hour of Redemption. Thus the feminine section of the Consecrated Life of our Fraternity is associated with the Heart of Mary and with the Lamb of God who saves the world. This association is the ultimate realization of the Mystery of the Incarnation and finds, in the unwavering accompaniment of Mary during the historic march of the Church for the coming of the Kingdom, a model to be lived. The manger already contained the Mystery of Redemption. The divine plan forms a whole that cannot be separated. The mystery of the annihilation of the Son of God made flesh is already the promise of the Mystery of his exaltation at the right hand of the Father. Their consecration is that of humility, purity and abandonment in the arms of the Father. The way of the Incarnation will henceforth be that of their holiness of life. They will offer everything for the holiness of the priests of the Brotherhood, so that the Lord will untie their lips to preaching so that they will touch hearts. By their acts of love offered, their sacrifices, the joy of living like the servants of the Lamb, they will know how to bring the feminine contribution in the apostolate of the Fraternity. By praying before the Child of the manger like the Priestly and Service Child who already by his body saves the world. "You didn’t want a sacrifice or an offering, but you made me a body…. so I said, "Here I am, I come to do what you want" (Heb 10,6). They will be united in life and prayer for the greatest glory of the Father.

The family branch:

To families and couples of the Brotherhood…

The family updates the Mystery of Love which unites man and woman as an expression of the Union of Christ for his Church. This is why family members hold to heart the fidelity of the grace of their marriage as an effective and current sign of the permanent union of Christ with his Church. He’s the one who teaches them. Welcoming and practicing Christian life is the keystone of belonging to the Brotherhood. Their language and their actions, as the first witness to the faith with children, make them catechists in their home. The Father chose them to make him present with his children. Children are the fruit of love and even if they were childless, the Father will give, among the people around them, to see in you an unshakable rock in faith, a sweetness in welcome and a joy of live in action. The Christian is a temple of the Holy Spirit and the Christian family is the home of their influence. Their precious collaboration in the work of Evangelization is increasingly felt in a society which has put Christ outside its institutions. As on the day of birth, there is no room left for Him in hostels. Our family members are the home. They are his home in society and help to open up new spaces for Him whenever they open the Word of God in their homes. Their witness to their own children, their constancy in the faith lived at home and at work, rekindles the desire to meet Christ. They are the welcoming centers to allow future priests and members of the Fraternity to find the friendly support which strengthens them on the path of Evangelization. They are the domestic church of Christ which recalls the Holy Family of Bethlehem.

theflyingnun and garabandal like this.
  14. I can understand putting excerpts of longer articles from other websites on this forum, or even links to those websites, but why on earth am I seeing ENTIRE articles on here grabbed from somewhere else? How is that making points for discussion? All it is likely to do is have members scroll quickly passed it because it’s simply too long. Aren’t there rules on the forum for this? If not, then maybe there should be, yes?

15. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

It's regularly accepted....nothing new here. And one can assume that not everyone can or wishes to translate the French. And, lately, it seems that many need things spelled out when there is error.

16. French? Huh? Please reread my question. Too late here to tackle this now. See you all in the morning, God willing.

17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

ETA, I’m going by how Bishop Lemay has described the group as a lay association until after the investigation, should there be one, has settled things. That seems wise to me, and perhaps to others.

Christy1983 and AED like this.
  18. Trying again so thought I’d quote myself for convenience sake!

Now, I understand everything I wrote. ☑️ But, possibly I assumed my clarity. So, I’ll try it another way: Cutting and pasting ENTIRE blog posts or ENTIRE website articles from other places on the internet is not helpful for discussion purposes.

Christy1983 and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. Christy1983

Actually, it is not common use, to quote entire articles. That goes against "fair use" of published materials. It wholesale takes the ideas of others, if without permission. (I am pretty sure, members here have not waited for permission before taking pages of someone's work!) But, authors/websites support themselves from purchases/"clicks."

In the US, there is copyright law. You can find what "constitutes" fair use online, very easily. To quote from a legal website,

"Rule 4: The More You Take, the Less Fair Your Use Is Likely to Be

The more material you lift from the original, the less likely it is that your use will be considered a fair use. As a broad standard, never quote more than a few successive paragraphs from a book or article, take more than one chart or diagram, include an illustration or other artwork in a book or newsletter without the artist's permission, or quote more than one or two lines from a poem.

Contrary to what many people believe, there is no absolute word limit on fair use. For example, copying 200 words from a work of 300 words wouldn't be fair use. However, copying 2,000 words from a work of 500,000 words might be fair. It all depends on the circumstances.

To preserve the free flow of information, authors are given more leeway when using material from factual works (scholarly, technical, or scientific works) than works of fancy, such as novels, poems, and plays..."

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/fair-use-rule-copyright-material-30100.html

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Advocata Nostra likes this.
  20. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

What do you think even a public or private "lay association of the faithful" means btw and what is ordered of the Bishop even in those lay associations which this is even beyond.....? The Bishop seemed only to emphasize that it was not a religious "institute". That only means that it's not like an order of priests where the laity is separate as in a 3rd order or secular order.....as w/ Franciscans, Dominicans, etc. The Bishop was clarifying the term "order" that has been used now and then, in general. The formation of this "apostolic fraternity" as laid out in its divisions that include priests, now and in formation, since you only want the Bishop to also state the truth of that.....well, he has already in his approval of its constitution, its makeup, etc.. IOW, that has already been "settled". If you would like to erroneously communicate something else to the public about what you only personally accept, with no basis, then that's on you alone. For some reason you don't wish to go to the source itself. You don't build monasteries when something is yet to be "settled"!

Fatima likes this.