Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 22, 2020.

1. AED

AED Powers

Me too Jo. I feel it coming.

HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Me three.
    Things are ramping up here in Maryland as well and the governor has instituted limits on gatherings, only 25 may gather. I don't think this includes Catholic churches just yet. I pray not. Will let you know.

AED and Jo M like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

AED and Jo M like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We have already social distanced in our churches, every other row, 6 feet apart if not your family. So I don’t know how this new cutback will play out.

AED and Jo M like this.
  5. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:cry: Awful.

AED likes this.
  6. sunburst

sunburst Powers

Here in Rhode Island the governor seems to be mimicking Charlie Baker with the restrictions
    So far our Latin rite priest has added an extra Mass to make it more accessible to the parishioners, that means five Masses on Sunday, whereas the Catholic church down the street from me has pulled all thier morning Masses and just do a 6PM
    Sometimes it depends upon the priest who is willing to make the sacrifice
    But the Bishop's really need to take a stand against the shut down
    The numbers of Covid have gone up because of the non stop testing that was being pushed
    The hospital's here are not full nor overflowing

AED, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 1 other person like this.
  7. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

I posted this before...

Is the virus real... Yep
    Is it killing people... Yep
    Will it get worse... Yep
    Are the facts wrong... Absolutely
    Are we being lied to... You bet
    Will satan and his minions use this to their advantage... No brainer
    Will the spirit of confusion anger hate be used.. Most definitely

What's the answer
    Penance and the rosary
    Job done...

Let's realise people we belong in the same family

Jo M, AED, Joan J and 1 other person like this.
  8. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

That's one of my great concerns with Biden. He has assured he will shut us down again. I had the impression he would take that away from governors.

As much as we need a more unified national mentality....keep praying for Trump's litigation!!

Granted I pray more for the whole truth to be known and taken seriously!

Sam likes this.
  9. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I will add, are there diseases in our experience which are ALWAYS deadly? Yes yes

Are there proven ways to prevent them? Nooo....not enough research!! Granted those are not super contagious. Tell that to family unable to visit relatives with terminal neurological diseases, on those unique horrific journeys.
    ALS, MS, Parkinsons, Alzheimer's, all other Dementia, etc.

Okay, there's my "soap box". Makes me angry. Few want to hear it, so I keep my mouth shut.

Wretched media hype

Julia and Sam like this.
  10. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

They get more funding if covid if among multiple diagnoses.

I wonder what the legitimate death numbers are to only covid. I wonder where to find those stats.

Sorry, I keep going back to the fact, while we were urged to shut in, all numbers shut up. We're going into winter when lots of people prefer to stay indoors. Naturally numbers will be much worse in addition to the cold factor. Get outside without a mask and bundle up!!

Julia likes this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Maine is surging. I was at MD today. They are very worried. Hospitals and ICUs filling up. I don't think they are lying. ...but maybe over cautious?
    The thought of losing Mass again is unbearable.

Julia, HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  12. Jo M

Jo M Powers

This is one promise Biden will keep. His 'dark winter' is a lockdown that will kill the economy. :(

Julia, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Among other nightmarish things.

Julia, AED, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  14. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

:eek::mad:

Julia and Booklady like this.
  15. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I must agree with this. Our Bishops need to be courageous enough to allow their churches to stay open for all public Masses. They need the courage to put their feet down & say NEVER AGAIN in my diocese!! I have personally made comments to my priests. I'm sure others have as well.

My parish has not seen a known case, much less my choir.

sunburst, Julia, Booklady and 2 others like this.
  16. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I think it possible that all healthcare workers will be required to take the vaccine.

I agree that we are being herded like sheep.

I will take the vaccine when I'm confident that it is safe which will be around a year after it has been released to the general public. Meanwhile I will continue to use the protective measures that have kept me virus free thus far. In other words, I will avoid crowded places, keep my distance, wear a mask inside public buildings, use hand sanitiser and use alcohol wipes on food packaging and anything else coming into the house. And prayer.

Some of my family are in the very high risk category. The news of a vaccine comes as a great relief for them: Some of them haven't been outside the house other than for medical appointments since the start of the first lockdown. If I were in their position, I would take my chances with the vaccine. I reckon that you would too if the highlight of your week were a visit to the optician.

There's no one size fits all solution to this. I knew three people who died from covid. One had a a serious co-morbidity. One was in good health. Two died within hours of showing symptoms. The one with the co-morbidity died in hospital the night she was admitted. The one in good health died at home after saying he would have an early night because he didn't feel well. The third was found dead in her home when one of her children called in to check on her. None of them passed on the virus to anyone in their family. I'm acquainted with a couple of people who have it now. They are doing OK so far although one has been quite ill. Her husband is extremely high risk with a condition that had him close to death earlier in the year but so far the virus doesn't seem to be affecting him as badly as his wife.

I'm rather concerned for youngsters going to school in winter. I'm told that the classrooms are not heated and the windows and doors are kept open. Most kids should be ok but asthma is common enough nowadays. Children coming from insulated, centrally heated and double glazed homes won't be equipped to cope with sitting in cold, draughty classrooms.

Someone told me today that people who have had the virus can catch it again - that immunity only lasts for about six months. I don't know whether that's true but if it is, does that mean that people will need to be vaccinated a couple of times per year?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2020
    Julia, AED, Catherine L and 3 others like this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you for letting us know how awful the situation is where you are. I am sad for the loss of those people you know. It makes it real for me since we don’t know of anyone here in our immediate area who has had the virus.
    You are right to keep taking the important precautions. We try to do that as well. Prayer is the means to obtain the grace to stay well, if God allows.

AED, Catherine L, Booklady and 2 others like this.
  18. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Only one of the people who died lived in my area. Two were relatives but, thanks be to God, none of my close family have had the virus. And the two acquaintances who have it now don't live in this country. I am acquainted with a woman in this country whose brother died in a nursing home during the first wave. When I spoke to her she was devastated because the family couldn't be with him.

I wish it was behind us. I hate not being able to go to Mass.

Julia, AED, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  19. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Or at least once a year like the flu?

Julia and Booklady like this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Yes, if it's true that the antibodies aren't one and done.

Julia likes this.