Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 22, 2020.

1. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Amen. It saddens my wife and I that bishops and pastors have such little faith to withhold the precious blood during flu season. Really? These are men given the Holy Orders who supposedly believe in the true substantiation by their own hands. It boggles my mind that they would truly believe in that miracle they initiate occurring at every Mass, and then have fear that God would allow us to pass a disease to one another while receiving that miracle.

"O ye of little faith" :(

padraig likes this.
  2. Jo M

Jo M Archangels

I can relate. I have had a couple of awkward encounters when asking for items to be blessed that left me discouraged. As a result I could never summon the courage to bring a tub of salt for a blessing. I certainly hope you have a wonderful and holy experience. Let us know how you make out.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  3. I was thinking to myself that I was a wrong in dismissing parts of the prophecies from Father Michel from Canada. He was correct in stating that something disruptive was coming right up. I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have a priest that will be on hand at your pilgrimage/refuge site for the availability of the sacraments? I hope you will. I do believe that we are called to have a very deep faith at the moment and it seems like that only is available through much, much prayer.

Byron and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

That is not the only difficulty with this.

These is no certainty that when you get it and recover you will be immune. It may well be that when we recover we could go on to get it multiple times.

Also it may well be this virus, terrible as it is, mutates to something even worse as such things very often do.

Recnt resaerch from Los Alamos Laboratory shows that it had an RV of 11. Which means that for every person he gets it they infect up to 11 other people. The only thing slowing it down is the huge shut down in China. But it is unstoppable now.

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and BrianK like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation contributed to having a vaccine developed last Fall. They initiated a pandemic drill in October 2019.

BrianK likes this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you, Brian!

BrianK and Jo M like this.
  7. MMM

MMM Archangels

My wife and I went on vacation in Mexico and I wasn’t feeling great one morning...turns out it was Corona
    [​IMG]

8. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

For the past couple of years now, we have a custom at our Polish church that a Polish traditional Easter basket is blessed on Holy Saturday before Easter. The basket contains all the traditional Easter foods items like ham, kielbasa, butter, eggs and such. Salt is one of the food items. So I always make sure to put a very large bag of salt in my basket so it will be blessed and I have it to use through the year.

Jo M, Don_D, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  9. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I have full Faith and Trust in our Lord.
    If He permits that we get infected, and even die, because of assisting at Holy Mass, it is but His Will.
    No one can die unless it is already his/ her time to go, as determined by God alone.

Imho, to take away worship of God in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is a terrible decision. Where is our Faith in Him?

In this time of need, we should have more masses said, and beg the Father to hear our prayers because we offer them up in union with the most pure Lamb of God, sacrificed on the altar.

Consider how so many Catholics throughout the world risk their lives to go to underground masses, if and when they can find such masses.
    I would much rather die than not have Mass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

+

maryrose, josephite, jerry and 2 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Does that include half sour pickles? Someone once told me that he went to another city to get them for his Polish wife for Easter.

Don_D likes this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Sg, my prayers are with you and all of us.

Don_D and SgCatholic like this.
  12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Preciousbloodinternational.com

Catholic sacramentals and blessed salt
    You buy the salt from them, they bless it after the sale and before they send it.
    They say they bless it for you.
    I have purchased from them before.

Sam likes this.
  13. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Providentially, this is the first year that I was at the vigil of Epiphany's blessing of water and salt at the TLM chapel.
    And we got the blessed chalk and incense at the Epiphany TLM the next day.

So this year, my family did the blessing of our home the traditional way, with chalking of the doors, incensing and sprinkling with Holy water and blessed salt while reciting the prayers.:love:

+

Mario and Sam like this.
  14. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I don't know about your area but here in the PNW I have had mixed results with parish priests that do not offer the Latin rite of the mass. On candlemass last year the visiting priest at our local parish looked at the group of us who had brought candles for the blessing as if we were mad.
    However, here everyplace I have been that offers the old rite has a specific day after mass that they will provide blessings for salt, oil, objects, rosaries, etc. Just ask and they will be glad to let you know the customary day. As well, I see these priests after mass giving blessings often.
    It is almost as if some priests are ashamed of these things. I find it sad and a little humiliating to be looked at this way but it is what it is.

HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  15. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

1897218B-E75D-46C1-95AC-405D52180F19.jpeg

maryrose, MMM, Mario and 1 other person like this.
  16. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

I am not at all up to date on this topic but I thought that I would post the following anyway. I apologize if this was posted already in some shape or form. This thread is moving way too fast for me to keep up at the moment.

Coronavirus: White House ‘disappointed’ in China’s lack of transparency
    • ‘Some surprise’ at ‘numbers jumping around’, Larry Kudlow says as Beijing announces surge of 15,152 new cases after change in diagnostic criteria
    • Senior economic adviser says Beijing won’t let US experts into country, laments lack of promised cooperation
    Agence France-Presse| Published: 4:01am, 14 Feb, 2020 Updated: 4:09am, 14 Feb, 2020 | https://www.scmp.com/news/world/uni...2/white-house-disappointed-chinas-coronavirus

TOP PICKS

News
    US charges Huawei with racketeering, doing business in North Korea
    14 Feb 2020

News
    Coronavirus infects 1,716 medical staff as China reports 5,090 new cases
    14 Feb 2020

News
    From Singapore to UK via the Alps: how one man spread coronavirus
    13 Feb 2020

News
    Mysterious radio signal from outer space repeats every 16 days [This sounds interesting.]
    13 Feb 2020

News
    Chinese gifts: Harvard and Yale under US investigation over foreign funding
    13 Feb 2020

[​IMG]
    White House economic advisor Larry Kudlow speaks during a television interview at the White House on Thursday. Photo: TNS
    The United States feels let down by a lack of transparency from China over the coronavirus crisis, a senior White House official said on Thursday.

“We are a little disappointed that we haven’t been invited in and we’re a little disappointed in the lack of transparency coming from the Chinese,” Larry Kudlow, the director of President Donald Trump’s Economic Council, told reporters.

“These numbers are jumping around … there was some surprise,” he added.

Beijing on Wednesday announced a surge of 15,152 new cases because of a change in diagnostic criteria. The new criteria included a “clinical diagnosis” of cases, using CAT scans by doctors in Hubei province, where Wuhan is located. Earlier updates had relied solely on the results of lab tests.

China’s Hubei province reports huge spike in coronavirus cases, rising 10-fold from previous day
    Trump last week praised his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping for his government’s response to the outbreak, which has officially killed more than 1,300 people and infected 60,000.

But Kudlow said that unanswered questions were mounting and there was no sign of the promised cooperation.

“President Xi assured President Trump that China was on it and there would be openness, they would accept our help,” he added.

“We’re more than willing to work with the UN [and] WHO on this and they won’t let us. I don’t know what their motives are. I do know that apparently more and more people are suffering over there.”

“Is the Politburo really being honest with us?” he asked, referring to communist China’s top leadership body.

How Li Wenliang’s death sparked Chinese demand for freedom of speech
    14 Feb 2020
    [​IMG]

Kudlow predicted that the economic impact would be “quite minimal” for the United States, but said that fears over the coronavirus were creating “uncertainty”.

“If we don’t get good information out of China, it’s very hard for us to make a decent assessment,” he said.

Additional reporting by Reuters

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I can all sorts of things every year and give them out as gifts and also bring them to family gatherings. It has created quite a following and I get many requests for pickles especially which I make about 60 lbs of on average. I pray a blessing over everything I make. I know that is why they are so requested. ;)

BrianK and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

Great attitiude.

SgCatholic and BrianK like this.
  19. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Usually if there is a Priest of the Marian Movement nearby he will know of all the types of blessings for salt, oil, etc. Here is the address for the National Headquarters to check with:
    NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
    P.O. Box 8
    St. Francis, ME 04774-0008

Meanwhile for any priests who appear to be clueless bring this info along and just let them know that this isn't anything new or unusual. In fact they should have the book of such blessings already in their possession.

BLESSED SALT:

But if you run into a priest who is unaware of blessed salt as a sacramental you can have this "official prayer from the Roman Ritual" ready to show him:

Any amount of salt may be presented to a priest for his blessing, using the following official prayer from the Roman Ritual:

“Almighty God, we ask you to bless this salt, as once you blessed the salt
    scattered over the water by the prophet Elisha. Wherever this salt (and water) is
    sprinkled, drive away the power of evil, and protect us always by the presence of
    your Holy Spirit. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.”

by Rev. John H. Hampsch C.M.F.

https://www.catholicsacramentals.org/blessed-salt

BLESSED OIL:

In using sacramentals, as lay people we should not confuse this oil with the Church’s holy oil that is conferred only by a priest in the Anointing of the Sick.

Blessed Oil for all Christians

Besides the three oils which the church now reserves for use in the sacraments, the Church also recognizes the use of blessed oil for use by all Christians. (See Roman Ritual, p. 393, no.3) The purpose of this oil is primarily for healing and protection from harm; but the oil can also be used to pray for all the blessings which the oil represents; that is, all the riches which are ours in Jesus. The oil can be used in praying for oneself or in praying for others. The simplest way of anointing is to make the sign of the cross on the forehead while saying the accompanying prayers.** (see Ez. 9:3; Rev. 7:3) But other parts of the body can also be anointed especially when the need for healing may be localized in one or several parts of the body.

If using on another, it is advisable to inform them that you are using blessed oil, which is not the sacred oils of the Church, and are not administering a Sacrament of the church. [Anointing of the Sick is strictly reserved for the ministry of the ordained Catholic priest.]

by Abbot Andrew Miles, OSB

**EXORCISM BLESSING FOR OIL (OLIVE) - FOR ORDINARY USE**
    (Use regular, 100% pure oil) (Priest vests in surplice and purple stole)

P. Our help is in the name of the Lord.
    R. Who made heaven and earth.

P: O oil, creature of God, I exorcise you by God the Father (+) almighty, who made heaven and earth and sea, and all that they contain. Let the adversary’s power, the devil’s legions, and all of Satan’s attacks and machinations be dispelled and driven far from this creature, oil. Let it bring health in body and mind to all who use it, in the name of God (+) the Father almighty, and of our Lord Jesus (+) Christ, His Son, and of the Holy (+) Spirit, as well as in the love of the same Jesus Christ our Lord, who is coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.

R. Amen.

P: O Lord hear my prayer.
    R: And let my cry come unto thee.
    P: May the Lord be with you.
    R: And with your spirit.

P: Let us pray. Lord God almighty, before whom the hosts of angels stand in awe, and whose heavenly service we acknowledge; may it please you to regard favorably and to bless (+) and hallow (+) this creature, oil, which by your power has been pressed from the juice of olives. You have ordained it for anointing the sick, so that, when they are made well, they may give thanks to you, the living and true God. Grant we pray, that those who will use this oil, which we are blessing (+) in your name, may be protected from every attack of the unclean spirit, and be delivered from all suffering, all infirmity, and all wiles of the enemy. Let it be a means of averting any kind of adversity from man, redeemed by the precious blood of your Son, so that he may never again suffer the sting of the ancient serpent. Through Christ our Lord.
    R. Amen.

Source: Roman Ritual Online

**Blessed olive oil may be used by the faithful to bless themselves or someone they have dominion over (parents over children, husbands over wives, God-parents over God-children). Blessed olive oil may be used in cooking. Lay people should not bless other lay people since they do not have authority over them.

https://www.catholicsacramentals.org/blessed-oil

Sam, AED, Julia and 3 others like this.
  20. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Re. Fr. Michel, yes but I don’t think we’ve yet seen the impending disruptions he was warning us about.

Yes on the sacraments. God will provide for all of us. Trust

AED likes this.