Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Awww poor guys...on the front lines! Praying for them all! Keep us posted...

Donna259 and Jo M like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

They love their lefty liberals...like a Cuomo. Bet they push Biden out and insert Cuomo! Cuomo has wanted that office for a long, long time. Let’s be sure that NEVER happens!

Jo M likes this.
  3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Thanks AED. He is concerned that the quarantine will be extended beyond two weeks, and he is nervous about leaving his apartment unoccupied. We want him home, but I can understand his fear of not knowing when he'll be able to return to NY. It's a mess.
    My dad, and my daughter are finally feeling better. My husband went down hill this week, terrible fever and cough, and I had to bring him to the ER for testing. Thankfully he was not admitted, and is recovering at home. This was the first time in his life that he has needed an inhaler. I just have to keep reminding myself that things could be much worse. God has been good to us.

Beth B, Tanker and Mary's child like this.
  4. Jo M

Jo M Powers

President Trump just decided against the two week quarantine for NY/NJ/CT. He said he has asked the CDC to issue a strong travel advisory to be administered by the Govenors.

Donna259 likes this.
  5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I was traveling NB on I-5 in the Olympia area today and saw 5 charter buses, CA plates with San Diego advertising on them carrying uniformed military personnel. No idea why they would be traveling by charter but they were and I also wonder why we are not simply utilizing native WA national guard or ready reserve troops either.
    Century Link field events center (a massive indoor area for trade shows etc) is being turned into a field hospital but not for corona virus, for those without it. They are telling people if they think they have it not to come there.

https://komonews.com/news/coronavir...enter-readies-switch-to-become-field-hospital

Throughout next week, the 627th Hospital Center will be converting the CenturyLink Field Events Center -- normally home to the golf and car show -- to a field hospital for people needing medical attention who don't have the coronavirus.

AED, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

That's probably the main reason he's the media's darling on this side of the Atlantic. I watched a few BBC News programmes today. Their slanted news coverage gets worse every year.

Their slant today was Trump mishandling the US response to the virus compared with Cuomo's statesman like leadership and compassion for the people in his State. The same people who sneered at Trump's "America First" agenda saw nothing wrong with Cuomo effectively declaring "New York First". Is there a move in the US to stop covering Trump's updates on what's being done to manage the problem in the US? The reason I ask is that they have had some journalists or other pundits from the US giving their opinion and the trend seems to be that Trump only causes confusion with his mixed messages and he should be silent. One journalist today declared that since the US is fighting a war on the virus only medical experts should be speaking for the Federal Government just as military personnel would be informing the public in times of real war. The BBC reporters and interviewers, of course, practically salivate at such opinions as they show their viewers how well China is coming out of the crisis. Putin's Russia is out of favour with the Beeb, China being the new role model.

The UN Secretary General was interviewed on the BBC's Hard Talk programme. The regular interviewer on that programme is bad enough but the woman interviewing Mr. Guterres was so desperate that she couldn't manager to hide her attempts to put words in his mouth condemning Trump. The UN having learned over the past four years where their bread is buttered, the Secretary General was very careful not to mouth the words she wanted to hear. He did, however, bang on about the need for a global solution to the pandemic and climate change - a whole new approach to be funded by the G7. Mr. Guterres was very concerned about the poor relations between world powers (I think that was a dig at Trump). And, an ill wind blowing nobody any good, he thinks that the WHO needs to play a leading role in this new approach to caring for the health of mankind.

The globalists won't let this crisis go to waste.

Beth B and AED like this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Is it not too late for them to insert Cuomo? I thought that maybe he was getting ready to run in 2024.

Beth B likes this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

I drove up to Church this morning. . I knew that there would be no Mass but hope to do an hours Adoration. It was locked but the priest was there standing in front. He said it was not his fault, that he had been ordered to lock up. I quoted Padre Pio and he joined in .

I drove away sadly. No more Church.

[​IMG]

Carol55, Katfalls, Irishguy2 and 6 others like this.
  9. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

:cry::cry::cry: I have no words Padraig.

Carol55, Beth B, AED and 3 others like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/202...ngelical-christians-for-coronavirus-pandemic/

New York Times Blames Evangelical Christians for Coronavirus

[​IMG]

The New York Times published an op-ed Friday that blamed evangelical Christians for the coronavirus pandemic.

The argument, by journalist and author Katherine Stewart, is that because religious voters supported Trump, that means he governs without regard for science.

[​IMG]

Stewart also claims that Republicans, more than Democrats, are likely to deny science.

In her op-ed, titled “The Road to Coronavirus Hell Was Paved by Evangelicals,” she writes:

Donald Trump rose to power with the determined assistance of a movement that denies science, bashes government and prioritized loyalty over professional expertise. In the current crisis, we are all reaping what that movement has sown.

At least since the 19th century, when the proslavery theologian Robert Lewis Dabney attacked the physical sciences as “theories of unbelief,” hostility to science has characterized the more extreme forms of religious nationalism in the United States.

She then goes on to provide several quotes from pastors who pushed back against the idea of closing their churches.

Stewart admits: “By all accounts, President Trump’s tendency to trust his gut over the experts on issues like vaccines and climate change does not come from any deep-seated religious conviction.”

But she adds: “But he is perfectly in tune with the religious nationalists who form the core of his base.”

[​IMG]

Beth B likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

But the priest was so very,very good. As were the people.

I love to believe that if one door is locked to Grace she will climb in by another. So long as we don't go locking doors ourselves.

[​IMG]

Beth B, AED, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  12. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

THIS....you can bet sleepy Joe Biden will be pushed out and Cuomo pushed in....just wait.

Thank you for your prayers for my nephew....he is doing better by days end yesterday...been sick for 7 days but just got test back but now feeling much better. Fever is lifting. Thanks for prayers! They work...

And let's all continue to pray for all of our families as this will hit us all in due time...

Byron, Beth B, AED and 4 others like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank God. But I’m praying it will NOT
    hit us all in due time.

Byron and Beth B like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, we don’t know the marvelous means the Lord is using during these times.

Beth B and Mary's child like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Psalm 98:1
    "Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous deeds."

16. Jo M

Jo M Powers

So happy to hear this Donna!

17. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Our parish church is closed too. The decision was made so soon after the government's new restrictions that it looks like they were waiting for an excuse to close it.

Ah well, we always have the Rosary. And we can pray it without beads to count. Remember Pope St. John Paul urging us to pray the Rosary as he told us to be not afraid. I hope he's praying for and with us now.

18. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thanks be to God. I know that all prayers are answered in some way but it's great when the answer is an unequivocal Yes.

19. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

When deprived of the Eucharist, on her way to Auschwitz, Edith Stein remarked, "Now we have a chance to experience a little how to live purely from within."

20. AED

AED Powers

You speak for many of us Padraig. This is what I fear--separation from God. If I am living in Christ under Mary's mantle then their perfect love should cast out my fear.
    Poor poor souls who have no faith! May God in His mercy grant it to them.