Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Beth B likes this.
  2. I have to say.....people are amazing.....because God is so good in His gifts....and when there is freedom to use them. But even with all of the testing taking place now....even if you test negative you still have to exercise same preventative measures as everyone else...and who is to say how many days it might take, in same surroundings, that you won't come down with it and either not know it or have to just get tested again! But perhaps this will show which areas of the States could possibly be allowed more freedom in the near future.

Abbott Announces It Will Ship 5-Minute Coronavirus Test

Abbott announced on Friday that it has developed a five-minute test for coronavirus and will begin shipping 50,000 of the tests a day to hospitals, doctors’ offices, and emergency clinics next week.

Late Friday night, the company sent out this tweet of the announcement:

BREAKING: We’re launching a test that can detect COVID-19 in as little as 5 minutes—bringing rapid testing to the frontlines. http://abbo.tt/IDNOW

This type of rapid testing has not been available in the United States since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. The typical time from securing a patient swab to obtaining positive or negative results using currently available tests is one to four days.

In the one week period between the start of Saturday, March 21, and the end of Friday, March 27, more than 400,000 coronavirus tests have been completed in the United States, bringing the number of tests completed to more than 600,000 since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, according to The COVID Tracking Project.

Abbott (NYSE: ABT) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the fastest available molecular point-of-care test for the detection of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), delivering positive results in as little as five minutes and negative results in 13 minutes. The test will run on the company’s ID NOW™ platform, providing rapid results in a wide range of healthcare settings such as physicians’ offices, urgent care clinics and hospital emergency departments.

The ID NOW platform is small, lightweight (6.6 pounds) and portable (the size of a small toaster), and uses molecular technology, which is valued by clinicians and the scientific community for its high degree of accuracy. ID NOW is already the most widely available molecular point-of-care testing platform in the U.S. today.

“The COVID-19 pandemic will be fought on multiple fronts, and a portable molecular test that offers results in minutes adds to the broad range of diagnostic solutions needed to combat this virus,” said Robert B. Ford, president and chief operating officer, Abbott. “With rapid testing on ID NOW, healthcare providers can perform molecular point-of-care testing outside the traditional four walls of a hospital in outbreak hotspots.”

Abbott will be making ID NOW COVID-19 tests available next week to healthcare providers in urgent care settings in the U.S., where the majority of ID NOW instruments are in use today. The company is working with the Administration to deploy tests to areas where they can have the greatest impact.

“The medical-device maker plans to supply 50,000 tests a day starting April 1, said John Frels, vice president of research and development at Abbott Diagnostics,” Bloomberg News reported. At that rate, Abbott could provide an additional 350,000 of these five-minute tests to medical professionals around the country in the one-week period between April 1 and April 8.

The availability of these additional tests and the rapidity with which the results will be known are expected to play an important role in the Trump administration’s plan to use extensive testing to address the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/28/abbott-announces-ship-5-minute-coronavirus-test/

Beth B and AED like this.
  3. Italy Decrees Going to Church Is Not a Valid Reason for Leaving Home

ROME — Italy’s Interior Ministry decreed Friday that going to a church to pray does not constitute a valid reason for leaving one’s home during the coronavirus lockdown, and violators are subject to heavy sanctions.

Italians may leave their residences to purchase cigarettes, food, and medication and to walk their dogs, but they may not go to pray in a church unless they have a superior reason for being out and about and the church happens to fall along their path, in which case they may enter to pray, the Interior Ministry declared.

In recent days, a number of church leaders have asked whether going to church for one’s spiritual health is more like going to the supermarket and pharmacy, which are considered essential and permitted, or like going to a cinema or sports stadium, considered optional and, therefore, forbidden.

The Italian state has responded that churches fall into the latter category and thus are an insufficient reason to leave home. Those judged noncompliant with the strict norms restricting movement are subject to a fine between 400 and 3,000 euros, according to regulations released this week.

Asked expressly whether believers are permitted to leave their homes, with an auto-certification, to go to church to pray, the Interior Ministry responded negatively.

Church is not considered an essential activity, and, therefore, leaving one’s residence is not permitted, the Ministry said. Stopping at a church may only take place when one is away from home for proven work needs or situations of necessity and the church is located along the route. If stopped by a police officer, the Ministry added, one must show a valid reason for being out, other than simply going to church.

The Ministry insisted that this decree does not constitute a violation of religious liberty since it is not directed as “persecution against the Church,” but “forms part of the measures necessary to stop the expansion of contagion and for the common good.”

The Italian government’s decision comes hard on the heels of concerns voiced this week that sweeping state actions to combat the spread of coronavirus endanger religious liberty.

“When the world deals with a crisis such as this — the coronavirus pandemic — religious freedom is often affected first, especially in countries that are closed off to Christianity,” Dede Laugesen, executive director of Save the Persecuted Christians (STPC), said in an article published last Tuesday.

The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) also released a fact sheet this week outlining some of the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on religious liberty worldwide.

Since the coronavirus outbreak, governments have been implementing various public health interventions to control the spread of the illness, including “large public programs, restrictions on freedom of movement, and government management of critical resources,” USCIRF noted.

“It is important for governments to account for religious freedom concerns in their responses to COVID-19, for reasons of both legality and policy effectiveness,” USCIRF declared. “From a legal perspective, international law requires governments to preserve individual human rights, including religious freedom, when taking measures to protect public health even in times of crisis.”

In an article posted Tuesday, Italian journalist Andrea Gagliarducci asked why freedom of worship is not among the compelling reasons for leaving one’s home and why the church has not insisted on this.

The underlying problem is not just an overreaching state anxious to deprive believers of their rights, but the ready acquiescence of the church to such overreach, Gagliarducci suggested.

“The problem is that, while in an emergency, the church is not thinking about defending what she has to defend: freedom of worship,” he wrote.

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2020/03/28/italy-decrees-going-church-not-valid-reason-leaving-home/

4. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

The best explanation?

Diabolical disorientation.

Mmary, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Very interesting to see if there are antibodies. I remember sleeping a lot but there was little to no fever but a very tight sore chest and a dry constant cough.

Beth B and Tanker like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

I am sorry about your father. I think you mentioned it before but I had forgotten.

Beth B and Tanker like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

(y)

8. AED

AED Powers

It doesnt bear thinking of.

9. AED

AED Powers

I pray you are right. I told a friend the other night "when this is over..." and suddenly I started laughing because all I could think of was "There'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover...tomorrow just you wait and see.."

Byron, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Interesting. Could well be. The Blood of the Lamb over the lintel and door posts of our souls...and the Angel passes lightly by....

Byron and Jo M like this.
  11. Lumena

Lumena Archangels

Hi from New Zealand. We are in a strict lockdown here. We have so far had 3 days of lockdown. If we violate the rules we are likely to be stopped and questioned by police.

We are in the early stages. We have cases and clusters. We have 2 people in Intensive care. So far, no deaths.

My main concern was to ensure all my 4 adult children were on the same Island as their parents. I had to fight hard to get my youngest child, Stephanie, aged 21, back to the South Island of New Zealand. She did not want to come home from her University city. But 24 hours before lockdown, she flew home. Thanks to prayers of many!

The next morning she was sick. Her main symptoms were a very sore throat amd tiredness/ malaise. I was very concerned. However, she believed it was Strep Throat. The Doctor had a phone consultation with her, and put her on antibiotics on Thursday evening. She began to feel better and by Saturday she seemed to be well! So maybe it was Strep. But Im still observing her. So far, no fever.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Tanker, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

It seems very capricious in the way it strikes. Alexander Schuggel who threw pachamama in the Tiber became very sick with it for 3 weeks. He is on the mend now. Taylor Marshall interviews him. Interesting. It is a nasty nasty bug. He was deathly I'll. He said God showed him why he was suffering and who(the cause) he was suffering for. He said all the prayers were huge. He credited them with his ability to get over it.

josephite, Beth B, Lumena and 4 others like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Good to hear from you Lumena. I'm so glad all your children are home now.

Beth B, Lumena, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  14. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

Thank you for the update. I've had you and family in mind & prayers. Will continue praying ("only" Strep, and quick recovery from that).

Beth B, Lumena, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

I didn't really realise the fear till I returned to work. When I saw a woman crying. Also sometimes when I am out walking I notice some people with very sour faces...then again some people appear to be born with sour faces.:D;)

I love what St Teresa of Avila said, 'Lord save us from sour faced saints.' This is so true. Joy is a sure sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit and Love does indeed drive out fear.

There was the most beautiful miracle in the Orthodox Church a little while back. A holy monk had just died and the brothers had some problem I think with closing his eyes. Anyway when they came back to his body a while later they found him with this huge beautiful smile on his face. I must try and find the pictures.:):)

DeGaulle, Beth B, AED and 2 others like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

Ahh here we go:

https://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2009/08/questions-regarding-postmortem-smile-of.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DeGaulle, Beth B, djmoforegon and 5 others like this.
  17. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

my nephew is NYPD and just tested Positive for CoronaVirus 19 and is pretty ill.....please keep him in your prayers, please.

josephite, DeGaulle, Byron and 13 others like this.
  18. Patty

Patty Archangels

Praying for your nephew Donna.

Beth B, Donna259 and Jo M like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Certainly

Beth B, Donna259 and Jo M like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love this :love::love::love:

AED likes this.