Climate Change

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Fatima, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Tanker

Tanker Powers

It seems that the world celebrates mental illness now. And I don't mean Greta alone. Seems mental illness is perfectly fine now. Let's call boys girls and girls boys. Have you heard about furries? I just learned about them and apparently kids/people think it is a real thing. Crazy. It is mind boggling that someone can look at science and actually see something opposite of that science.

DeGaulle, padraig and child of Mary like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I agree with you. I had never heard of furries until your post. I looked it up.
    What in the world? Geesh

Tanker likes this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Is anyone really surprised by this?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chur...e=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mjk

The Church of Sweden, which has routinely promoted teen climate change alarmist Greta Thunberg, announced the young girl a “successor” to Jesus Christ last December.

“Announcement! Jesus of Nazareth has now appointed one of his successors, Greta Thunberg”, the Church of Limhamn tweeted on December 1, 2018.

Lucka 1❄️
    Kungörelse! Jesus från Nasaret har nu utsett en av sina efterträdare, nämligen Greta Thunberg.

— Limhamns kyrka (@Limhamnskyrka) December 1, 2018

The announcement resurfaced online on Monday, likely due to the church’s most recent support of Thunberg’s activism.

Last week, for example, The Church of Sweden Malmö announced that they would ring their church bells in conjugation with the Global Climate Strike, of which Thunberg is the face.

“In conjunction with the Global Climate Strike, church bells ring and we gather for prayer for the future of the earth,” the church announced. “We pray that we believe that man is responsible for nurturing and managing Creation so that children are given the opportunity for a future. We pray that we know that climate change affects the most vulnerable — poor, children and women. We pray that we believe in man’s ability to change and change.”

“When the Amazon burns, we gather to fight for Mother Earth together,” the site reads, adding, “WELCOME!”

The church account retweeted folks supporting and praising their “humorous” tweet about Thunberg being a successor to Jesus Christ while also defending the tweet by posting a link to the “nuances” of the word “success” soon following the post.

“Here you can read more about the word ‘success’ and its different meanings / nuances,” the Church of Limhamn posted.

https://t.co/dLF1QM1fkK
    Här kan du läsa mer om ordet ’efterträda’ o dess olika betydelser/ nyanser.

— Limhamns kyrka (@Limhamnskyrka) December 3, 2018

The account was abandoned just days later, signing off with both a defense of the message and an apology for any hurt they’ve caused.

“Dear twitter, If we have hurt someone we apologize,” the post, which was published on December 6, 2018, starts.

“Our sense has been to talk about Jesus Christ in our own way,” it continues. “Now we leave the arena. Thank you for your commitment, joy and debate. God bless you! Jonas Persson, ward pastor.”

Kära twitter,
    Har vi sårat någon ber vi om ursäkt, det har aldrig varit vår mening. Vår mening har varit att på vårt sätt tala om Jesus Kristus. Nu lämnar vi arenan. Tack för engagemang, glädje och debatt.
    Gud välsigne er!
    Jonas Persson, församlingsherde

— Limhamns kyrka (@Limhamnskyrka) December 6, 2018

Thunberg gave a radical speech at the United Nations, last week.

“My message is that we’ll be watching you,” the teenager warned. “This is all wrong, I shouldn’t be up here, I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet, you all come to us young people for hope, how dare you. You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words and yet I’m one of the lucky ones.”

“People are suffering, people are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing,” Thunberg claimed. “We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth. How dare you.”

Today, the Church of Sweden, or Svenska kyrkan, is a national Evangelical Lutheran church. According to Encyclopedia Brittanica, the church stopped being supported by the state in January 2000. Lutheranism stopped being Sweden’s official religion at that time as well.

“The country is divided into 13 dioceses, each headed by a bishop. The archbishop of Uppsala is bishop in his diocese and presiding bishop of the Church of Sweden,” the encyclopedia explains. “Bishops are elected by priests of the diocese and by lay delegates. The Church Assembly is the decision-making body. It has 251 elected members and meets two times a year.”

4. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

5. padraig

padraig Powers

You know one hing I have been noticing lately at work and in other places is how mentally unwell so many people are. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

A for instance one of the supervisors in my last hospital kept signing himself into hospital and ordering ambulances to rush him off. They have done test after test on him and and he is as healthy as a bull.

Another, lady Supervisor used to take the most insane fits of real rage and when she fell out with former friends conducted total vendettas of hate.

I think people who reject God are by definition insane. But it seems to have gotten loads and loads worse lately. I mean some people seem to have gone into total orbit.

Tanker and Francine like this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

[​IMG]

7. padraig

padraig Powers

I wonder sometimes. Especially recently. The Spiritual Life does not operate in a vacuum. If you do not have the Holy Spirit in you heart you do not have an empty space. Other Spirits enter in to takes its place and those Spirits are Evil. Evil by its very nature is insane as rejecting God is the highest form of insanity.
    St Paul addressed this in his Letter to the Ephesians.

Ephesians 6:12

The Armor of God
    …11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand.…

[​IMG]

Tanker and DeGaulle like this.
  8. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

It mustn't be forgotten that plants are species too.

9. child of Mary

child of Mary New Member

Lol! Don't know what they are going to eat then! Although some 'expert' has recently suggested we should adopt cannibalism.

DeGaulle likes this.
  10. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Padraig, you've hit the nail on the head.

Even in ancient pagan times, when men did not know God, except for the Jews, many of them were searching for him and He was in some way written in their hearts. Certainly a great number of them did not actually reject God. The Carthaginians did, but the Romans were nobler and even in their paganism had higher values. As did the Greeks, who in the cases of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle came very close to finding God through their powers of reason. The situation today involves an actual, active rejection of God. This is far worse and takes people down to the Carthaginian level. Like the latter, most of these people worship Molloch, seeing it as desirable to mass-murder children while simultaneously pressing for the equal right to life of animals.

God is Reason. It is His essence that He cannot be otherwise. He gifted mankind with the power of reason, in His likeness. However, He also revealed to us the first principles of how we should live, not just in what we know as Scriptural Revelation, but also written on our hearts. These first principles are the foundation upon which our reason must operate. If we decouple reason from these principles, we get insanity. And wickedness, of course.
    Chesterton gave the best definition of insanity I've ever come across; it is a condition not of losing one's reason, but of losing everything else. There is a kind of satanic logic to these madmen who propose equality of animals with men. Without God, men can't be considered created in His likeness, so it is understandable to regard men as just another kind of animal. They fail to take into account that, without God, the notion of any kind of moral judgement is absurd. It really comes down to the survival of the fittest in a godless world.

Those who propose meat as murder will also insist that having pets is a form of slavery. For their own good, if they get their way, we will be forced into liberating our dogs, whom we know were created to be dependent on us and loyal to us, into the wild. This would be cruel for man and beast. The insanity of their ideology is revealed by their concurrent objection to what they describe as 'factory farming'. They would ban mechanisation in agriculture; but they would also object to the use of the horse or bovine to pull a plough. As we would be banned from hunting, we would be reduced to the role of gatherers. This would guarantee human extinction, but that would probably appeal to them. Needless to say, most of the useful idiots who lap up this insanity have not thought it through.

Finally, I have found it difficult to avoid getting cross at Greta, because the poor thing has been pushed into manning the frontline by her cruel parents and their manipulators. I have had to remind myself how vulnerable children (and adults) with Greta's condition are. She is utterly dependent on the adults who care for her and has no option but to trust in what they say. She suffers from a condition that heightens anxiety to an extreme level and this impressionability combined with her complete dependency renders her wide open to manipulation, indoctrination and brainwashing. Who knows what mental damage all this exploitation does to this little girl, but sure the parents have managed to get a great lifestyle for themselves. One thing we can take for granted about Greta, wholly opposite to her handlers I suspect, is that she is completely sincere. Her fear and her anger, her anxiety and her anguish, are absolutely real, God help her, even if their objects are not.

May God bless poor Greta.

11. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

There are some fruitcakes (that's probably offensive to fruit) reported as confessing to plants. I don't know how one can eat what one confesses to, it would render the confessional into a very interesting place, wouldn't it, although it wouldn't do much for vocations.

Some wag called these plant-worshippers 'Plant Parenthood'!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    maryrose and garabandal like this.
  12. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes we are living in a Post Christian Pagan Society which is very different from a Pre Christian Pagan Society. The two things are very different. The Poor Pagans of the Ancient World did not know of Christ but when Christ was preached to them and they saw the Witness of the first Martyrs the eventually did convert.

In our Modern West the people who have known the Gospel message have rejected it and so are now Apostate. So now as Jesus mentioned the devil having once be cast out through Baptism will now return with ten other devils even worse then the first and their state of evil will be a hundred times worse than it was before. As to the Bishops, Cardinals and priests who have rejected Christ will be worse than any.

Just as the First Pagan Fathers attacked and killed the First Christians these new Apostate Pagans will attack us only a thousand times worse as they will be a thousand times more evil.

When the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, he roams through waterless places in search of rest; and finding none, he says, “I will return to my house which I left.” And when he has come to it, he finds the place swept and clean. Then he goes and takes seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter in and dwell there; and the last state of that man becomes worse that the first (Lk 11:24-25).

[​IMG]

DeGaulle and AED like this.
  13. child of Mary

child of Mary New Member

I totally agree with you about Greta and her Aspergers. Her climate anxiety is just another expression in her long line of fears: from not eating (hence her diminutive below age frame) to not leaving her room to not speaking to school avoidance. The adults using her and in particular her parents are very culpable. She herself believes all the 'science' and doomsday stories she is being fed - that is why she is so useful to them. Mental illness is indeed widespread. We used to speak of folie a deux, but now millions are engaged in a collusion of madness and hate-speech laws are trying to ever widen the circle of those assenting to the delusions - transgenderism etc. Eastern Europe and Russia does at this point seem to be a bulwark against the insanity, hence the EU's determination to spread ever eastwards.

Dolours, Francine and DeGaulle like this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

Insanity. "In those days men will be utterly insane and they will say to you *You are mad! You are not like us!*" (St Anthony of Egypt )

15. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

All you get from rebels and revolutionaries is destruction. The destruction of morality and values is worse than that of property, which is bad enough. Ultimately, one gets the destruction of souls.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and padraig like this.
  16. padraig

padraig Powers

It reminds me very much of the First Rebellion of one third of the Angels in Heaven, led by Lucifer. It has the same cause pride. Just as St Michael and the good Angels defeated the demons and imprisoned them in the abyss so St Michael and the good angels, led by Our Lady will defeat the Church Rebels.

[​IMG]

AED and DeGaulle like this.
  17. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Well, we had Ezdras recommending the Royal Tampon's words of wisdom on climate change.

18. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I know you're referring to the big-eared Prince of Wales, but you'll have to explain Ezdras to this slow, unhip person! I doubt the makers of the Twilight Zone would believe the things that are going on now. Even their fantastic imaginations would have been stretched to think these things up. Even Hieronymus Bosch would have been baffled.

AED likes this.
  19. Sam

Sam Powers

Remember former member Ezdras,when he was proclaiming Prince Charles?

Of course the climate science developed since then, and now we know we have only 1 full year to react. That's why I quote prince Charles, because he said it crystal clear, based on scientists. The British Crown wouldn't compromise itself with lies, because it thinks of the future of its citizens, unlike other major countries. In your pride and self-confidence, you just don't get it, really.

Sep 18, 2019

HeavenlyHosts, AED and DeGaulle like this.
  20. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Thank you. Missed that.

Neither Ezdras nor anyone else is going to convince this Irishman of the beneficence of any member of the inherently anti-Catholic British Royalty. The Crown has, for many centuries, only looked after its own interests, for which it believes its subject only exist to serve.

I only came on to this thread lately and had a look back. I was astonished to find Ezdras apparently proclaiming new doctrine. The new theology of climate change, apparently. Must have missed it somewhere along the way. There was I thinking that Revelation was supposed to have ended with the last Apostle.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019