Car troubles

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by garabandal, Oct 28, 2015.

  1. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    I have had my fill of cars in the last ten days - firstly on the way to work the Turbo blew in my car so we were using my wife's car to get around and on visiting relatives on Sunday in Fermanagh the car ground to a halt - timing belt went so the car is a write off as damaged the engine (too old to put money into). So within ten days both our cars bit the dust. Thankfully, I have got my car back from the garage who are to send me out the bill.

    So, I am facing a big bill for the turbo to be replaced in my car & also need to find some money to buy a second car for my wife to get to work in. Money is tight at the moment so I have to rely on God for provision.

    I know it not important in the scheme of things but if you could say one Hail Mary for us that our Lady, undoer of knots to sort the finances for us. Thankyou.
     
    Jeanne, Julia, PotatoSack and 3 others like this.
  2. josephite

    josephite Powers

    Dear Garabandal,
    You are such a beautiful person.
    I can tell by your posts, you are genuine and a true devotee of Our Lady and a devotee of the truth.

    May God bless you always.

    I pray now that your car trouble ends.

    God Bless you and your family.

    Please Pray for me and my family.
    Thank you.
    Carolyn
     
    Julia, Beth B and garabandal like this.
  3. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    You got it - prayers going up!!
     
    garabandal likes this.
  4. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    Carolyn, thank you. Will remember you & your family in my prayers for the forum.
     
    josephite likes this.
  5. Marianna

    Marianna New Member

    Prayers said.
     
  6. Peppermill

    Peppermill Angels

  7. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    I feel your pain Brother luckily for me I can do all my own car work, I know its hard to focus but my dad who was also great with cars used to tell me that when a car is of the road God is protecting the person that is supposed to drive it. I think he came to that conclusion when his own car grind to a halt one day as a lorry jack knifed in front of him missing him by inches when he inspected his car the hand brake cable had seized.

    If you don't mind me asking what make/model is the car that the timing belt broke the reason I ask is you might have been lucky enough not to damage the engine..

    St Therese please intercede for our friends troubles Amen.
     
  8. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Prayed to our mother Mary for your needs. Provide a windfall for your $ needs!
     
  9. garabandal

    garabandal Powers

    A Renault Magane 16 valve = if it had been the 8 valve wouldn't have done the damage.

    Your wee story is great.

    God is good. When my turbo went I was in deep countryside in Co Down near a little village that had a big garage & the mechanic was able to tell me what was wrong.

    When my wife's car went we were on a main road with a lay-bye where we were safe. Literally 5 minutes earlier we would have broken down on a side road and caused traffic chaos and been in a more dangerous position.

    God always provides a silver lining!
     
  10. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    The 16 valve engines are very weak and usually bend very easily causing only bent valve damage, depending on your budget and car age you might get away with replacing bent valves or getting a cheap second hand head.James lenaghan in ardglass is a very good honest mechanic I know him personally he is also very easy to pay ;);)

    My father in law bought a new black taxi once and had drove to england to collect it, he was very proud and chuffed and brought it to a priest to bless it, a week later the taxi was damaged in an accident no one was hurt when he met the priest who had blessed the taxi he gave off to him " I don't know what prayer you said over my new taxi Father look at the state of it" he said The priest replied " Now Mickey when I blessed your taxi you didn't think I was blessing a hunk of metal ? did you ?":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
     
  11. Praetorian

    Praetorian Powers

  12. Mario

    Mario Powers

    I have to disagree with you on this. God loves us as His children and knows we're flesh and blood, both body and soul. We have our responsibilities which He has called us to fulfill and obviously you need cars to do so. Our Lady will gladly step in to assist as we look to her maternal care! O Mary, conceived without sin, watch over this family who looks to you for loving protection and undo the knots which entangle their lives. May Jesus be trusted and praised in all that they do!(y)

    Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!
     
    kathy k likes this.
  13. Florida Panther

    Florida Panther Jesus through Mary

    Hail Mary sent....
     
  14. CrewDog

    CrewDog Guest

    Sorry for your troubles ... but from an old "Shade Tree" car, bike and plane mechanic!
    Never buy a Turbo anything. They are costly to buy, maintain and replace!
    Keep up with your cars recommended maintenance schedule ... especially when it come to Timing Belts or engine drive belts.
    Oh .....
    and don't forget The Lord's recommended maintenance of your Soul!! :D

    GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
     
    fallen saint likes this.
  15. fallen saint

    fallen saint Baby steps :)

    On the bright side, where i live they wouldn't give you the car til you paid :)





     
    Julia likes this.
  16. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    On my beads...
     
  17. padraig

    padraig Powers

    Prayers to St Joe. A good reliable car is such a blessing. Praying tonight and at mass in the morning.
     
  18. Allyd

    Allyd Principalities

    Praying!
     
  19. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    Praying.. my car is hanging by a thread too. Timing belt, clutch,, and other stuff way over due. Lack of finances is my issue too. I will probably join you in the un-doer of knots.
     
    Jeanne likes this.
  20. Timothius722

    Timothius722 Archangels

    St Joseph...help!
     

Share This Page