Cant find Jesus

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Sanctus, May 5, 2022.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Where have you hidden my Beloved?

Where have you hidden, beloved?
    Why have you wounded my soul?
    I went out to the wilderness
    Calling for you
    But you were gone

Oh shepherds keeping your watch in the hills
    If by chance you meet with my love
    Tell him I suffer in my lonely grief
    And soon I will die

(Repeat Chorus)

I have searched for my love in the mountains
    I have searched among the meadows and the fields
    He has poured out a thousand graces in them
    So my heart might be healed
    Yet my heart is not healed

(Repeat Chorus)

AED and Sam like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

St John of the Cross spoke these verses didn't he? So much like the Song of Songs.

3. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I love listening to John Michael Talbot esp his early works. His music speaks to my soul. Years ago I had the lucky instance to be able to see him perform. What a blessing.

Sanctus I pray that you gain peace and that He rewards your persistence. The Little Flower viewed herself as the Christ Child’s toy ball. To be happy when He wanted to play, but if he seemingly left the ball in a corner for her the. to be content in the joy of having given Him happiness.

My priest tells me it is the Mature Soul that does not require consolations and that God finds most happiness in those souls who mimic Him ie, giving love without receiving.

Remember while you feel you are traversing on the desolate road of abandonment rejoice for He watches over you and sees your struggles from the shadows with a most loving gaze and has great plans for you.

Sam, AED, Sanctus and 1 other person like this.
  4. miker

miker Powers

Peter, you remaking in my prayers. Pray for me too if you have the time. Peace.

Sam, AED and Sanctus like this.