Calling all Irish Members - Act Now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Immaculata, Feb 14, 2021.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Thing is John they people they lable are not anti vaxxers.

They are believers in safe vaccines.

There is so much spin and deceit

2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

'@Heartbeat. I would appreciate it if you could have the good grace to show more respect for a saint I personally hold in very high esteem.

And speaking about the people of Ireland like they are some sort of social project from a history book, is the height of arrogance.

If you think God's love for you exempts you from showing respect for your fellow man, think again. Or repent if you want to be saved.

I am going to block you because it is plain you and I will cross swords, and that will not make for a good environment.

God bless you and take care of you. May His Adorable Face shine on you, May He keep you in all your ways. :X3:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Beth B, Immaculata and Adoremus like this.
  3. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Hi Heartbeat ..please do not turn your debate into personal sarcasm by all means debate but keep to the forum rules of engagement..
    Thanks John.

Beth B, Julia and Adoremus like this.
  4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It is St Patrick

Not paddy.

That is what secular heads and unbelievers call him those who think wearing a funny wig and getting drunk is what it is all about.

Beth B and Julia like this.
  5. Heartbeat

Heartbeat New Member

Garabandal, seems you enoy splitting hairs to try and make a point, so why not go with Patrick’s original handle – he preferred to be called Patricius, or if you really want to claim him as Irish – Pádraig.

I’m teetotal and a believer, but he’s still St Paddy to me. :)

6. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

I wont be issuing a warning, continuing with these sort of responses will result in a total ban ..

7. padraig

padraig New Member

Facts and figures do not matter? Really? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mmm I smell a Troll.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    HeavenlyHosts, Beth B, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  8. Heartbeat

Heartbeat New Member

Hi, John, I’m sorry to read that you view my responses as sarcasm when they are not intended to be.

Like Garabandal, I was simply stating fact when it comes to St Patrick’s name. Julia is also attempting to make an issue of this when the point I was making in my original response was simply about the dangers of spreading the coronavirus.

My response to Julia was in answer to her presumptions about me. Simple and straightforward. But she continues to pursue with this and I am the poster who the moderator singles out as being sarcastic, never mind the inference made by both Julia and Garbandal that I am not a practising Catholic and a non-believer, even someone who may wear a funny wig and get drunk!

Respect and understanding is meant to extend in both directions.

9. Immaculata

Immaculata Principalities

Hi Heartbeat,

I understand your concerns on covid, but respectfully I think you should reassess your opinion. I have indeed given much thought and prayer to the whole covid situation as I'm sure you possibly have too. But I guess a lot of it possibly comes down to where you get your information. There are multiple sources which contradict the mainstream narrative on covid and many many doctors say that the government are using it to manipulate the population. If people genuinely look at both narratives, I honestly do not understand how anyone could be worried about covid.

When looking at both narratives, our minds should ascent to the truth. Given that those who say covid is being used to bring about the great reset have much more detailed evidence than what our governments are telling us among many other factors at play, it should be obvious who is telling the truth.

Here is just one recent link I watched - maybe you could start there.

God bless

Julia likes this.
  10. Heartbeat

Heartbeat New Member

Thanks, Immaculata. I made my point earlier and so I’ll leave it at that. I have nothing more to add.

11. Immaculata

Julia and garabandal like this.
  12. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling Angels

Our beloved St Patrick, the Welsh boy who came to Ireland as a slave was called Meawyn Succat before changing his name. I know he converted the Dublin people at a rally in 448 ad, where St Patrick's Cathedral stands today. It was a dream in France where he received his vows that brought him back to the land of his slavery. He heard the call of the Irish in his slumber and returned to bring Christ's message. He changed the minds and hearts of the people of Ireland from their old pagan ways to the truth, Our Lord.
    Somewhere in the latter part of the last century we began to trade off the truth for wealth and secular (convenient) values. We became the darnel and not the wheat.
    Only our Lord can bring us back.
    We should talk to him, I suppose.
    We have to be the examples others point to as good Christians. It'll be an absorbed faith conversion.
    I admire the zeal of MOG members to make their points. We have to be ambassadors for our faith. The Holy Spirit may shed light onto our intentions as nd the appropriate actions will follow.
    God Bless all here in this forum.

13. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Yes you are loved by God. The question is, how much is God loved by YOU? The early Church did not spread the faith by staying home and obeying the government. They stepped out to proclaim the Gospel in their love of God. They faced certain death but their love was greater. And God saw their zeal and richly rewarded them! Jesus is Lord even over the virus, the atheist government, the Antichrist. Our job is proclaim the Gospel. If you are unwilling, so be it. But do not stand in the way of the Holy Spirit and the zeal given to others.

BrianK, Sam, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  14. Julia

You have to give Peter Hitchens credit for a brilliant debate. Ending it with an article written by his opponent Mr Hodges a year ago which basically supported Peter's argument was epic.

Mr Hodges who used woke speak obstinately calling Mr Hitchens a lockdown denier, and at the same time saying the economy has to be left out of the argument as well as the spike in suicides. Who is in denial. Sigh. LOL

15. padraig

padraig New Member

Talk Radio shut down Peter Hitchens recently. It is about one of the best free mediums left. So if they were forced to shut him down he must really be getting under the Powers that be skins...

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.c...ation-with-mike-graham-the-facts-so-far-.html

Apparent Censorship of the YouTube Version of my 25th January Talk Radio Conversation with Mike Graham. The facts so far:
    Last night I was told (by other contributors on Twitter) that my most recent appearance on Mike Graham’s Talk Radio show, at just after 11.00 AM on Monday 25th January, appeared to have been cut. Here are the initial facts about this. It has not been established who is responsible for the cut.

I am continuing to investigate this episode, and will say for the moment only that it was done without my knowledge or that of Mike Graham, and that the discussion was broadcast live without interference. I believe that it is also available in an unedited form on the three-hour version of Mr Graham’s entire show. The cuts are only evident in the YouTube clip of our conversation, on Talk Radio’s site.

My fellow Oxfordian, Jonathan Mayhew-Price, has also been providing the same clip for my blog since Talk Radio *as a whole* was censored by YouTube a few weeks ago. This allows a direct comparison of the two versions, for as long as they both exist.

I have been checking these two different versions:

1. The cut version (18 minutes and 9 seconds long) on Talk Radio’s site :

1. The uncut version posted by Jonathan Mayhew-Price and displayed on my blog(19 minutes and 23 seconds long):

The cut takes place observably at just after 11 minutes 50 seconds.

An approximate transcript of the missing material follows:

PH ‘…there’s an awful lot of people who would want to prevent that [the end of restrictions] from happening. Who knows what leaks about deadly alien viruses will come out in the next few weeks?

‘I also find that the atmosphere created by the current wave of government propaganda “Look into the eyes of this person, can you truly say…?”

Mike Graham: ‘I know. It’s quite extraordinary, isn’t it?

PH: ‘It’s quite rude because, say what you like about the British population’s attitude towards this, there is no doubt that millions of people have put themselves to a great deal of inconvenience and unpleasantness because they believe they are doing good to their fellow creatures by staying inside and not going out and not mixing.

‘To respond to this by a barrage of propaganda saying “Watch out or you will kill this person” seems to me to be just wrong. Or are they just preparing us for the next stage when they will say “You have not been good enough, you have not stayed at home enough, you have breathed too hard (or whatever it is) so now we are going to introduce yet more new regulations”?’

I will return to this as soon as I know more.

Julia likes this.
  16. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

Frankly, I’m a surgeon and I helped review and edit one of the early articles on the effectiveness of surgical and cloth face masks:
    https://edwardpentin.co.uk/whats-behind-the-mask/

So I have reviewed the relevant medical and scientific literature.

There is no valid scientific evidence whatsoever supporting the use of surgical or cloth mask use to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. Neither is there any valid evidence supporting social distancing outdoors. Even evidence for the effectiveness of N-95 masks at preventing respiratory viral transmission is scant.

Please stop repeating this baseless government propaganda here.

Furthermore calling St. Patrick’s Day “Paddy’s Day” is offensive to our Catholic forum members. Please refrain from doing so here on MOG. It’s the commemoration of a declared Catholic Saint, not a secular holiday.

17. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

I can understand Heartbeats point of view, I have seen such fear in people around me from the covid. They are truly terrified of getting it, dying, and losing loved ones. Yes, I have lost friends due to covid, too. Yes, God loves us and lets us chose our paths. I would not go to a rally or gathering if I felt ill, I don't like it when people go to work with the flu or common cold and spread it around. One thing the covid has done is to make people more aware to stay home if they are ill. But if you are not running a temperature, do not feel ill, have already had covid so you have built up antibodies, by all means go out.
    And there are people who are NOT afraid to become martyrs. I would say this rally is for a good and noble cause and an opportunity to become a martyr if you did catch covid and expire from it. There are many saints who marched into plagues and died . . .one of them in my local area is Bl.Francis Xavier Seelos of New Orleans, who was a missionary and put himself in harms way. I wish I lived in Ireland, I would be joining you in the March on St.Patrick's Day. Since I can't be there, I will be joining you in prayer, and I am sure St. Patrick will be there behind the scenes. God Bless all of You!

18. Julia

Saint Patricks Day Rally. Wednesday 17th March 2021. 2.30pm Sharp. From Garden of Remembrance to Leinster House

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  19. border collie

border collie Archangels

This may do more harm than good. I can see it being hijacked by anti maskers, anti lockdown, anti government people. The government has just increased our lockdown to May, and there are a lot of very upset people around. Any skirmishes and the church will be blamed as usual.
    Also, the Irish police are already removing people from churches for simply praying. This may only accelerate things.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  20. Immaculata

I have heard the same response from a few people and to be honest, it makes me angry that so many Catholics are always worried about what our enemies might say about us or how are enemies might portray us. It was the same during the RTE blasphemy rally too, some priests were afraid to go because of how it might be portrayed on the news. I'm not sure if they have noticed, but they are portrayed badly on the news anyway regardless of whether they act or not.

It was the same kind of attitude during the abortion referendum, so many afraid to bring God into the argument out of fear of how it might be portrayed. Our enemies have convinced us that we should always carefully calculate and plot when and how we should speak the truth. We should never have to calculate how to speak the truth. When it comes to making a stand for what is right, there should be no fear of the consequences. If the other side want to turn it into a negative thing, then that is on them.

As for it being hijacked, I say so what ? If anti maskers, anti lockdown and anti government people want to show up to use it as an opportunity to show their defiance against the government, then so be it. Why should we be afraid of that when there will be statues of Our Lady and St. Patrick leading the procession and many Catholics praying the rosary over loud speaker ? We should view it as a great opportunity to evangelise the people who show up for ulterior motives. Catholics could bring extra prayer cards and rosary beads to hand out to everyone who has not got one. Should we deprive them of public witness just because they are not yet on the same wavelength as us ? I think people who are anti lockdown are the type of people who are already on the path of searching for truth, so should we not hold a rally and point them in the right direction ?

Also if some people fear it being hijacked, should that not be even more of an incentive to actually go and assist their fellow Catholics to ensure that does not happen ? The more Catholics that go, the louder the Rosary will be and then there will be less likelihood of anyone hijacking it.

Sanctus, Adoremus, BrianK and 4 others like this.